Bound By Flame - Now Available on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bound By Flame is now available on Steam for $39.99.

You are a mercenary possessed by a flame demon in a desperate world ravaged by seven Ice Lords and their Dead-Army.

In this RPG where all your choices lead to consequences, you will have to choose between unleashing the powers of the beast within and rejecting the demonic influence that wants to claim your humanity.

Freely develop your abilities and combat style through three skill trees: swing the heavy weapons of the Fighter, wield the sneaky dual daggers of the Ranger, or use the devastating flame spells of the Pyromancer.

Recruit companions who will live, love, hate and fight alongside you against the dreadful creatures of Vertiel, in real-time epic battles based on tactics and reaction.

The bigger the danger, the greater the temptation to draw on the demon’s power at the cost of your soul… which way will YOU choose?
More information.

Here is the first review I could find from Hardcore Gamer. and they gave the game a 2/5. Now I agree with some of what he says, but I don't agree with the score.

Link- http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/08/review-bound-by-flame/84356/

Bound by Flame is a charming RPG that’s fundamentally and mechanically flawed. Combat lacks much variation and can be downright frustrating at times thanks to the poor auto-save system, and the countless bugs encountered only drag the game down. It doesn’t help that the story and script are both poorly executed, failing to capitalize on emotional setups and disconnecting characters from their surroundings. With that said, there are some strong customizable aspects to weapons and armor, and the challenging combat can add to the game’s attraction. It’s fortunate that gamers are not bound to this by any means because, while Bound by Flame has heart, it ends up being a forgettable dull experience.
Seems the same routine for every game from Spiders as reviewers never like them. As for me I always find myself enjoying them.:brood:

I also liked every Spiders game so far.
You just have to know beforehand that you are going to play a game with a low budget, and it will be a linear experience. If you don't mind both, chances are high you will like them.

Unfortunately, many, many game journalists are so utterly spoiled by AAA productions that they just fail to get any enjoyment out of budget games that serve the same genre.
They are right about the bugs, though.

Mars: War Logs for example is really a budget Mass Effect IMO.

Here is the first review I could find from Hardcore Gamer. and they gave the game a 2/5. Now I agree with some of what he says, but I don't agree with the score.

Link- http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/08/review-bound-by-flame/84356/

Seems the same routine for every game from Spiders as reviewers never like them. As for me I always find myself enjoying them.:brood:
Reviews are really mixed. Some say it's pretty good while others say it is terrible.

If you liked Mars War Logs it's safe to assume you will like Bound By Flame though.

Just finished the game, I think the writing is worse than the other 2 games I've played. Didn't really grab me like Mars, let alone Orcs. They do seem to be expanding on the previous formula, albeit slightly.

Back
Top Bottom