The Witcher Netflix series begins production.

Paying or praying? :)

Just reread the first tweet on that reddit thread:
So... I’ve never really been thirsty for Henry Cavill. I mean, I get he’s handsome but just haven’t.

I’ve seen a screener of the first episode of #TheWitcher and, um, I think I’m pregnant.
Ok, but what about Triss? ;)

Yea, right, fantasy...
Admittit. Boobs!

Thus I bet the witcher show will deliver. :D

Doesn't Netflix dump the whole series at once? I really don't do TV at all, but I vaguely recall reading you could binge watch the whole thing on release. Is that right? I'm off from the 20th till Jan 3rd...

Doesn't Netflix dump the whole series at once? I really don't do TV at all, but I vaguely recall reading you could binge watch the whole thing on release. Is that right? I'm off from the 20th till Jan 3rd…

yeah they'll all be available at once.

I'm probably going to binge-watch this in 2020.
Good idea, wait until they have released a couple of patches to fix the most serious bugs. ;)

I'll be watching it over Christmas recess probably. One per day.

Last edited:
Introducing the characters:

I have mixed feeling again after watching the Yennefer video. In some scenes the actress seems to be pulling off the character but in other scenes she comes off as an amateur.

However the biggest issue I have is the whole detailed back story to Yennefer. In the books her back story and her hunchback things are very subtle and it hits you very hard when Geralt notices it. She is also mysteries character and you learn about her in bit and something are even left up in the air so giving a detailed exposition about her this early seems to hit at dumping down the books....

I need to see if the show's title should have been Cirilla instead of TW. :)

I need to see if the show's title should have been Cirilla instead of TW. :)

The books starts off with Geralt and them move on to Cirilla as the main focus and she is also a "Witcher" so the title of Witcher isn't far off :)

The Cirilla actress still confuses me ... she has a 12 year old voice and the face of a 30 year old. :[

I have mixed feeling again after watching the Yennefer video. In some scenes the actress seems to be pulling off the character but in other scenes she comes off as an amateur.

However the biggest issue I have is the whole detailed back story to Yennefer. In the books her back story and her hunchback things are very subtle and it hits you very hard when Geralt notices it. She is also mysteries character and you learn about her in bit and something are even left up in the air so giving a detailed exposition about her this early seems to hit at dumping down the books….

I see a long rant about how the books are far superior to the show in your future.;)

I think if you go in with the mindset to compare every detail to the books you’re setting yourself up to be sorely disappointed. I’m actually kinda glad I’ve never read the books at this point.

In these book to screen translations liberties are usually taken and changes are usually made.

I mean, when do you ever hear someone say “ that movie or show was much better than the books” :)

It seems @vurt; is already "modding" the TV Show :D :D
Is that your work, Vurt?

Witcher.jpg

Back
Top Bottom