How many RPGs have you played to completion?

How many RPGs have you played to completion?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Close to None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Several

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • A lot

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • (Almost) All

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is Vindicator's poll question about how many RPGs you have played to completion.

I'll leave it to your own interpretation to determine what these categories mean to you.

Make sure to leave us a comment to explain how much of a completionist you are, that you get bored half way through a game, or whatever else made you select what you selected.

I'm going to say a lot, but there are definitely a few I got a long way into and never finished, and I often regret it. I've played 90%+ of both Planescape Torment and Pillars of Eternity I twice, but never finished either.

Perhaps an estimated proportion (finished/played RPGs) would have been more informative. Then it would be about 1/5 (20%). Only rare ones I manage to finish. I do not have time to game very much and get bored of games quickly...

I never managed to finish Baldur's Gate 2 even though I have started it several times! BG1, I have finished multiple times.

Last edited:
I finish most of my RPGs but there are a few I haven't due to lack of interest.

Ninety-nine percent of computer rpg's I've started, I have also finished. The two or three that stick out in my mind that I know I aborted may also not truly qualified as rpg's, such as Mass Junk three and a few others.

I finish about half of them. Oblivion was the only Elder Scrolls game I have completed and I have 100's of hours in Skyrim. Never completed Fallout 3 or 4. Completed Might and Magic 2, 4, and 6 but not 1,3,4, or 7. I lose interest in a lot of games when my character or party becomes too powerful.

It's very rare that I don't finish a game. I played ~50 games in the last ~10 years and finished all but 2: Ember and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I voted Almost All, but, like a few other posters have stated, I can be prone to not finishing them if I get waylaid during the game by either bugs or boredom.

In the main, I tend to do a lot of research about a game before purchasing it, but with a desire to keep as spoiler-free as possible, which means that, more often than not, I'll only be playing games that I'll probably enjoy enough to want to complete them.

Even still, some games will manage to find their way into my library and turn out to be personal disappointments that get shelved, sometimes very quickly. And sometimes this can happen two or three times in a row.

Hey! Stop posting questions I'm too embarassed to answer!!! :( :)):):) )

an incarnation of pibbur who refuses to vote!

PS. I hope you'll never call for a vote on:
  1. The size of the backlog.
  2. The number of games from the backlog that will never be played.
  3. The number of games bought now that will never be never be played.
DS.

I seem to lose some interest as I get very close to end credits. If there's no more leveling, major story arcs or things to acquire I am already distracted by what to play next.

Several. I have video game ADHD. A bad mechanic, puzzle, difficult fight or bad save will ruin a run through for me and I leave it for another game.

Almost All. The only ones in recent memory I can remember not finishing was Dragon's Dogma: DA and Bard's Tale Resnarkled. I am have a hard time letting things go once I've started. Only talking about story content here, anything with extra grind I avoid.

Since I finished very few of the games I own, I think I'll say the same for rpgs. I think I may have finished, maybe half of the RPGs that are currently in my "must play RPGs" list. And the list keeps growing. I keep telling myself that worst case I'll finish a lot of them in retirement, but that may not be true.

I try to be disciplined about the amount of games installed to my pc but like to have two or three ‘in progress’. Recently, I had Outer Worlds and Dragon Age as a nice alternating experience if I got burned out on one setting.
I remember a huge gap of time during Baldurs Gate 2 but I eventually loaded the last save and stumbled around until I found my bearings and went on to finish it.
It’s tough to pick up where you left of after months but is doable and worth it, if only to 'tick another off the list'

When I was younger I got pretty upset if a game was too hard to finish and tried to finish all of them. Since the market for computer games has expanded, and I get older, I am less obsessive about finishing and would say I finish a good 50% of rpgs I play, probably down from 75% when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom