Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money, Three More DLCs Coming to PC

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sent us news that Dead Money for Fallout: New Vegas will go multi-platform on February 22nd, with three more simultaneous-release DLCs planned for down the track:
We have a couple Fallout: New Vegas-related news items that we’re excited to share with you. On Tuesday, February 22nd, we’ll be releasing Dead Money for PlayStation 3 via PSN and PC via Steam and Direct 2 Drive. In addition to Dead Money, we will be releasing three additional add-on packs in the coming months. These packs will launch simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
More information.

Awesome.

Fallout 3's DLC was hit or miss but Point Lookout and The Pitt are some of the best content in Fallout 3 overall if you ask me. Looking forward to what comes out of Obsidian for New Vegas.

completely agree
though i'll be waiting til at least the 2nd one comes out as its just not one of those games you can jump back into for a dlc. its much too immersive and i'll probably start a new character at a point that will let me do a full playthrough and enough time left over to run through the dlcs and hopefully 1 or 2 more pucemoose adventure chapters.

completely agree
though i'll be waiting til at least the 2nd one comes out as its just not one of those games you can jump back into for a dlc. its much too immersive and i'll probably start a new character at a point that will let me do a full playthrough and enough time left over to run through the dlcs and hopefully 1 or 2 more pucemoose adventure chapters.

From everything I have read Dead Money seems to be basically another game all its own, a 5 hour or so linear RPG. I think I could jump in just for that, if it's structured that way.

Something that adds new quests and area to the main game though I would agree with you.

When I stumbled upon the canyon wreckage by chance, and saw a message left for a courier, or "the" courier, I thought that was creepy. Very mysterious and interesting; definitely a lead I wanted to follow and uncover, even at the cost of disregarding every other quest I was doing at the time, that's how captivating it was.

Lonesome Road DLC? Hahaha... no, thanks.

for me its more that time then anything. dead money will be released on the same day as assassin's creed brotherhood which i imagine will keep me occupied for a couple of weeks until dragon age 2 comes out. and then on to shogun 2 and a bunch more to follow i imagine.

its actually because of their standalone quality on the other hand i don't have a "desire" to play them with haste. if one of them is like broken steel or looks to be rather large like point lookout then yes my interest will be more intense. to be honest the thing that will tip me towards ending my new vegas fast will be when Tales from the Burning Sands: Chapter 2 is released. pucemoose's adventure mods are the catalyst that always makes me pick up fallout again.

well…
i watch more "old" movies than "new" ones
i listen to more bands and albums than have been around a while than new ones
i get most of my clothes from…REI, but many at thrift stores as well
used older books as well

gaming is the one thing that if i'm willing to spend over $20 towards a game its because i want to play it upon release and kick all manner of frugality to the curb. true its probably all in the head as i've often enjoyed many games far after there release though it is also no cooincidence i imagine that they didn't have high expectations either. if i'm excited about a game or series or developer's latest game then for me i just take a big stick and whack down the money growing from my evergreen tree in the yard.

well…
i watch more "old" movies than "new" ones
i listen to more bands and albums than have been around a while than new ones
i get most of my clothes from…REI, but many at thrift stores as well
used older books as well

gaming is the one thing that if i'm willing to spend over $20 towards a game its because i want to play it upon release and kick all manner of frugality to the curb. true its probably all in the head as i've often enjoyed many games far after there release though it is also no cooincidence i imagine that they didn't have high expectations either. if i'm excited about a game or series or developer's latest game then for me i just take a big stick and whack down the money growing from my evergreen tree in the yard.

Yeah, same here. The only things I buy are PC games and Doctor Who DVDs for the most part. I don't collect anything else and my only other hobbies are Baseball and Basketball, which are free to watch and play.

So I don't mind spending good money on PC gaming, supporting the industry and playing what I want when I want.

I long for the days of proper expansions.

NV is the sort of game that's strong enough to warrant a couple of meaty expansions, and I'd gladly pay 30-40$ for them.

Of course, even if enough people wanted them - DLC like this would still generate more money in terms of the effort involved in producing it.

I long for the days of proper expansions.

Me as well right now.

All is scattered and shattered through myriads of tiny DLCs ...

Yeah, beyond the limited amount of content - DLC tends to be way too separate and unwholesome.

I tend to play a game until it's done, and I don't see the point of adding 1-2 hours of arbitrary content to replay it over and over.

Even when waiting a year for the combined DLC pack, it's still not anywhere near the sensation of getting a true expansion.

I'm embarrassed to say that it really only seems like American devs and publishers trying to shove DLC down our throats.

I look at a company like Larian and wonder why more devs over here can't create worthy additional content like they did with Dragon Knight Saga.

As long as people don't mind paying 5-10$ for DLC - there's really no business incentive in producing a large cohesive expansion. It's a lot of work making an expansion that connects meaningfully to existing content.

With a strong editor/toolset in place, it's pretty minimal for a big house to make a few hours of content - even with the added expense of speech and what not.

Unfortunately, it's not the quality of the DLC that makes it sell, but the quality of the original product.

If you make a strong game, most people shrug off the few bucks they need to pay for the relatively limited added content.

So, if we want something more - we have to vote against DLC with the almighty wallet.

I'm not saying DLC can't be great - because obviously it can - it's just not going to be the norm unless people stop spending money on subpar crap.

I don't really blame the actual developers though. They're most likely just doing what the big boys are telling them to do.

Want your paycheck? Then go make that horse armor :)

DLC does have some upsides. For one thing smaller content for less money means more variation... for Fallout 3 for instance we got aliens, a war flashback, a southern area, Pittsburgh and an extension to the main plot. If they made one expansion like in Oblivion we probably would have only got the latter, and that would have sucked. They even said in interviews that Point Lookout was only possible as DLC since it was too risky and different to be a real expansion... and it was my favorite Fallout 3 content overall.

So, it does have advantages. Which is not to say I don't miss real expansions, I do. Dragon Age: Awakenings shows how superior they are to DLC in content and length for the money, that felt like a real game. Still, DLC can be very good.

The perfect thing would be expansions AND DLC, depending on the idea. That would be great.

Back
Top Bottom