Ghost of a Tale - Funded

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The mouse with a lute RPG called Ghost of a Tale has been funded on Indiegogo with one day left to go.
WE MADE IT!!!

That’s incredible! No, really; it is. Why? Because a month ago “Ghost of a Tale” wasn’t on anyone’s radar. No journalist was aware of anything in regard to the project. The campaign was a text-book cold start.

So you can all be proud of yourselves, because you’ve made it happen. In fact from my point of view that is the single most amazing thing about the whole adventure; to see that you, the backers, decided this could be a special little game worth helping. And that you acted on this feeling.

As I wrote on the main page, one of the reasons I started this campaign was to see if there were enough potential players that could be bothered; it was to be a stern (and very public) verdict on the viability of the project itself. And boy did I get a resounding endorsement!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who have contributed to this campaign, whether from a financial or moral standpoint (and often both). As one of you said in a recent message, I shouldn’t think of this success as a heavy pressure weighting down on me as I work on the game, but rather I should think of it as an huge mark of affection for the project. And indeed I very much like the notion!
I will keep posting here any important updates until I can all direct you to an official site and community forums where you’ll be able to keep being involved in the creation of the game. Meanwhile, I am sure all of you will join me in breathing a long sigh of relief… :)
More information.

I have a lot of games to play in 2014...

Umm, this game came out of no where. A big thanks for the heads up CP.

This looks good to me. I must have no taste in graphics at all because this game looks quite playable to me in its current version. And with all the kickstarter games I have pledged, I will have more RPGs to play in 2014 than in any 3 years combined.

This makes up for the sadness I feel every time I go to a brick and mortar.

It looks very charming, but… it remains to be seen how much of a 3D CRPG game they can produce with that small a budget. Maybe I'm missing something? Anyway, good luck to them. :)

I'm glad it got funded. He put a lot of work into it before launching the Indiegogo campaign.

I'm still not sure how I feel about having a mouse as the protagonist, but the setting looks interesting, and it seems like he's placing a strong emphasis on exploration.

I like its concept very much. It's very ... unique.

Back
Top Bottom