RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

@henriquejr; I agree with that, but I still think it is too much hassle to figure it out :)

I'm not quite following you.
Myrthos explained it quite well in his post of #578. :)

In hindsight, my post is quite cryptic. I doubt if even I had understood if I had forgotten what I was trying to say. :)

@henriquejr; I agree with that, but I still think it is too much hassle to figure it out :)

One thing I am not understanding quite well here is: I've edited some posts which were liked by members (I'm stating a fact here, not an example). When I click the Save button and the browser takes me again to the page where the now-edited post is, all Likes given to it *seem* to be missing/deleted. But then I just refresh the page and the Likes appear again. It happened to me many times.

What you're saying is: Does not that work like before? If so, could you tell me when it changed?

Without a refresh it just shows you the thing you have done.

A thing that is a bit similar and has happened to me a lot:
When I have replied to a person and edited my post, which btw can be time consuming, I refresh the page and then all sorts of posts from other members are ‘suddenly’ there between my post and the one I replied to.
Of course, they were there before I finished my post, before editing my post, but I did not see them, until the refresh.

In short. Until you refresh there can be information, like smilies, missing.

Without a refresh it just shows you the thing you have done.

A thing that is a bit similar and has happened to me a lot:
When I have replied to a person and edited my post, which btw can be time consuming, I refresh the page and then all sorts of posts from other members are ‘suddenly’ there between my post and the one I replied to.
Of course, they were there before I finished my post, before editing my post, but I did not see them, until the refresh.

In short. Until you refresh there can be information, like smilies, missing.

Then I must have misinterpreted Lucky Day's post above:
I just discovered likes disappear if you edit your own post.

As well as Myrthos' reply to it:
Yes, I notice that too, but that is intentional. Perhaps people do no longer like a post once it has been edited.

In a way that I was thinking some new applied update was making the Likes disappear for good once we edited our posts. But it only takes a refresh to have'em back. As I always did. <Phew> :whew:

Oh well, consider it fixed then :D

Its not a true fix! But is it a workaround or a self correcting bug?

It is a temporal bug that appears through time. When it appears to you, in time you can get rid of it again.

Seems the site had a few hiccups earlier today and now every video link is down.

Simply put every link just says loading.

Currently working fine - or at least fine for myself.
Eight hrs later it fixed itself. Starting to think it was on Google's end.:)

I don't know what it was, as I did not look into it yet. But I did receive a bunch of mails from the server indicating that it was kinda busy :)

Embedded video links are down again.

It is because the server is quite busy with something. Videos are loaded delayed, so first the page is loaded and shows that. After that it starts resolving the video links and the videos are displayed. Normally you don't see a delay between the two, but if the server is very busy, you will.

Since yesterday the main page loads very slowly, like 10+ seconds, anyone with this problem? other pages on the site load fine

That is strange, as if it was a server load problem, all parts of the sites would be impacted, although somewhat less than the home page as it contains quite some images in the news postings.
I would have to check the log files to see if anything happened around that time.

Received a PM from Project Haven's dev where they say the game description on Steam was updated… But they also say this:
ForesightGames said:
Hi Joxer, just saw your comment on a thread (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43943) regarding Project Haven.

Since I don't have permission to reply to you there
Is this some error or the antibot went with drastic measures? :D

Back
Top Bottom