Anyone else always play as human in RPGs ?

In Deadfire you can customize your idle pose -- a couple of the choices are fairly campy.

Prancing = Camp?

Ohhhhhhh, wait a minute, he meant prancing = gay?

Ohhhhhhh, right, he was saying elf = gay?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was a 'subtle' homophobic dig?

Because, of course, if you use an elf character that means you're gay? Because all elves are gay?

Wow. Looks like someone's been drinking the Bioware coolaid with very little other RPG experience...

Sir Terry Pratchett had been developing Elves as evil creatures. Something like "the devil wears prada".
But he was changing most clichés of the fantasy genre anyway.

I like playing as human in these type of rpg games. But I also have another favorite - the half-elf. I've always been partial to half-elves as a D&D race. I also like the full blooded normal elf, but not as much as the half-elf. Meanwhile, I almost never play gnomes, and rarely play as Dwarves.

I tend to always play whatever class gives the best buff to a combat mage build. This is typically elves. I'm a min/max guy when it comes to builds.

If my main is female then I'm all about which look the most pleasing to the eye; especially if I'm staring at her butt for the next 60 hours.

I can't play a game with a character that is a freak. This was a big problem for me in the Witcher series. I just couldn't connect with the scarred freak, Geralt.

If a game has bad graphics, then it doesn't matter much. I can play whatever. Am I shallow? Perhaps. Do I care? Nope! :biggrin:

When I play a roleplaying game, I try to play as if I was transported from Earth to a new world in a new body. This seems to give me the most enjoyment. This is why I prefer open-world and first person over everything else. It's also why I typically hate multiplayer because you invariably get people who break immersion; even on RP servers.

Last edited:
I usually pick the race based on the role I want to play and for variety. I'll play a human, either male or female, perhaps 30% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom