Dungeon Hero - E3 Previews @ GameSpot, IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
More previews of Firefly's Dungeon Hero with GameSpot and IGN offering impressions. From GameSpot:
Firefly's biggest problem with dungeons in most games is that they don't make sense. Think about it. You'll delve down into a dungeon and encounter monsters whose sole purpose in life is to stand around in the dark until an adventurer comes to kill them. Dungeon Hero looks to solve that problem by creating an underground city and society that makes sense. The main goblin city in the game is divided into four districts, each of which has a distinct purpose and role in the game. And while the goblins are at the heart of the game, you won't play as one. Instead, you'll play as a human mercenary who the goblins hire to save them after a goblin miner manages to dig a bit too deep and opens a fissure to someplace he shouldn't have. So now the goblins need, well, a hero.
...and IGN:
You learn these as you level up, and FireFly wanted to make sure you learn an even spread across the different types of skills. They don't want someone specializing so much in something like magic to the point where they'll break their hand if they even slap an enemy. They're also trying to minimize artificial RPG events, like glowing arrows on maps. If you want to find an entrance to the mines, FireFly wants you to follow someone in the city with a mining cart, not head toward a glowing exclamation point. Directly in contrast to that, the game will have different types of monster generators in the fighting sections, like necromancers churning out minions or doors that spew out enemies until they're closed. FireFly believes this will keep the player mobile and moving through and engaged with the content.
More information.

Wow. All sorts of good stuff about this game so far. PLUS!: I simply loved that CGI intro/whatever with the Gobiln protagonist/narrator (with balls and all).

Got my hopes high for this one, for a change.

I am, utterly, but I explained this earlier in a different topic related to this game. Anyway, let's hope that a crap title can still deliver something fun.

Still on the fence over this one. So it seems to be more an action RPG in an apparently highly dynamic setting. At the core it sounds like it's just a hack and slash game, which is unfortunate, but perhaps the dungeon itself will be interesting enough, and the PC gets heavily involved in more than killing things (no matter how imaginatively presented they are).
As for the title, if I let game titles keep me from playing games, I'd be limited to strategy and war games only!

i was just being faecitious. I wonder if I spelled that right.

I like the title, personally. They arent messing around, youre a dungeon hero. I think it's great.

Back
Top Bottom