General News - Going Back in Time to the TRS-80

Glass kettles, Mr. Rotten in Denmark. ;) This from the guy who thinks a game that erases one's hard drive is not bad…. :rolleyes:

I like how you're bitching about the lack of creativity because genres keep their core elements - and yet you keep using the exact same misunderstood harddrive thing.

Now THAT's innovation, Thrasher :)

Uh no. You specifically said that a game that erases your hardrive wasn't objectively bad. Heralding subjectivity above all else. Pure hypocrisy unless you've changed your tune.

Uh no. You specifically said that a game that erases your hardrive wasn't objectively bad. Heralding subjectivity above all else. Pure hypocrisy unless you've changed your tune.

Oh, going back to something you don't understand. Well, if it's to try and understand it now - that IS innovation. Usually you just close your mind and start yelling names :)

No game erases your harddrive. That's an uninstall routine attached to the game - not the game itself - and no, a game is not objectively bad because it has a bad uninstall routine. You'd call your favorite game a bad game because it had a severe flaw in its attached uinstall routine?

That'd be moronic, but to each his own. Oh, and don't use big words when you have no understanding of them :)

This is actually a pretty cool thread about something from the past. Can we please not ruin it with another inane exchange between you guys?

:rolleyes: :lol:

I'm waiting for the next thread-relevant contribution ;)

Then again, I might come up with something myself.

The first RPG-ish thing I can remember playing was on the Spectrum 48K - but I can't remember the name of it. It had a side-view and it was about exploring caverns or something. All I can remember is that my character had a sword (I think) - and that there was a dragon somewhere.

This was around 1982-1983 or so. I've always wondered what that game was....

It's all clear now! You were a Spectrum owner D'Art and it twisted you for life. It's a well known fact that REAL players owned Commodore 64! :biggrin:

anyone remember Morlocks Tower and Santa Paravia? i also recall a space war game with these as ships : <*>

good times

TRS-80 was my first computer. It was old at the time I got it though. I was already into SNES and Playstation when my parents bought it for me. I didn't have any games for it and it really didn't do jack shit other than "let's type random words on it until it eventually shut off and all got erased". Mine would shut off after 15 minutes for no reason.

It was fun pretending I was a computer hacker though and roleplaying with my friends. We pretended that the TRS-80 was the main hub of a complex network of international computers and I was hacking into the system by typing things like "access main program grid". It was like I was that dude from Jurassic Park. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom