Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - Preview @ UGO

magerette

Hedgewitch
UGO Gamesblog has put up a preview of the upcoming space-themed sequel to Infinite Interactive's Puzzle Quest:Challenge of the Warlords, PQ:Galactrix:
There are two types of gamers in this world. Those who are straight addicted to Infinite Interactive’s Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords and those who have never played it. In a mash-up for the ages, Challenge of the Warlords couples together the disparate puzzle and RPG genres for one of the most ludicrously addictive games available. Showing no regard for the personal lives of their fans, Infinite and D3 publisher are well on their way to releasing the next RPG/puzzler timesuck in the Puzzle Quest series, this one bearing the subtitle Galactrix...
The key difference is the layout. In Challenge, the playing field was a Tetris-style rectangle, with blocks being swappable in left-right and up-down directions. Empty spaces would be filled by blocks falling in at the top of the puzzle area. Galactrix’s playing field and blocks are instead hexagonal, giving players two new directions to shift tiles in. More than that, the direction of movement has an added strategic element in allowing players to influence where new tiles will be filled in from.
More information.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords was the DS game or am I mistaken and is there also a Pc version?
And I never read anything on wich platform this one will appear but the picture with the interview seems like a pc version to me???

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords was the DS game or am I mistaken and is there also a Pc version?
There was a version on just about every system out there. Great game too :p

Yep--PQ came out for almost everything, including PC--the original demo was PC, and Galactrix will get a PC, XBox and DS version for starters.

Heck, I just finished it on my Cell Phone! (also have it for DS, PSP, PC, Mac & Wii)!

Back
Top Bottom