Colony Ship - CSG Update #49

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pladio spotted the new development update for Colony Ship:

CSG update #49 - Hydroponics and progress update

We hoped to wrap up everything in December and start the beta in mid-Jan, but we're still 3-4 weeks of work away from the finish line. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we get there, another month of work would pop up out of nowhere, but let's stay positive and hope it's the final stretch.

On the programming side, the last hurdle is the non-human enemies. They have properties such creatures never had in our previous games, which required more work and changes than anticipated. They can be placed on walls (see the old wasteland concept), have abilities humans don't, different THC formulas that doesn't factor in stats and skills, different movement (a frog jumps over several tiles), etc.

The other task is relatively minor. When you enter a stealth mode, the designated infiltrator is removed from the party (provided you have one), which waits outside. If combat starts (if you're spotted by guards or fail to kill a guard from behind, we need to switch to the party mode and teleport the party inside the building (at the entrance point, not next to you).

On the scripting side, the framework is done. What's left to script are the journal entries, quest rewards, and reputation modifiers. Overall, the game is shaping up well and we hope you'll enjoy it. The first chapter has 3 locations (the Pit, Armory, Hydroponics), 22 quests with multiple solutions, and 30+ fights.

Speaking of Hydroponics:

The Hydroponic Division was originally conceived to adapt Terran plants to the anticipated environment of Proxima Centauri. Extensive gene-editing was employed to develop resistance to alien fungi and pests, and accelerated adaptation hacked into the plants' genetic code.

Like many other critical systems, Hydroponics was abandoned during the Mutiny. The carefully cultivated flora and fauna was left on its own in harsh environs designed to propagate rapid and brutal evolutionary cycles. When men returned to reclaim Hydroponics, they discovered an environment as wild and hostile as any Earth jungle...

[...]
More information.

Probably one of my most wanted games to play. Fingers crossed it's released in 2021.

Tried the demo and didn't care for it. I really liked Age of Decadence though, so I'll probably give this another shot further down the line.

Probably one of my most wanted games to play. Fingers crossed it's released in 2021.
Once upon a time, I assumed that Colony Ship would automatically be GoTY in whatever year it comes out in, but if it comes out this year it could have rough competition, Pathfinder:WoTR + BG3 :lol:

Frogs; one of the many ways your character can croak in this game.

But will there be giant rats?

Dear Colony Ship, when I try you out for the first time: please be good, Please be good!

Tried the demo and didn't care for it. I really liked Age of Decadence though, so I'll probably give this another shot further down the line.

It's not a person to care for it idiot, it's a game...The game that will end all games.

wow-so-ywotgo.jpg

Can you elaborate? I enjoyed AoD demo (haven't played full game yet) and also keeping an eye on this, so curious on why you didn't enjoy CS demo.

Can you elaborate? I enjoyed AoD demo (haven't played full game yet) and also keeping an eye on this, so curious on why you didn't enjoy CS demo.

Well, for one, there was hardly anything to interact with in the demo. Also, the combat was just a series of fights in an arena, and I don't like arena style encounters.

The demo is still on Steam. You should try it yourself and see if you like it.

Well, for one, there was hardly anything to interact with in the demo. Also, the combat was just a series of fights in an arena, and I don't like arena style encounters.

The demo is still on Steam. You should try it yourself and see if you like it.

That's why it is called a "demo" you witless old fart . It doesn't represent the whole content...

So the purpose of a demo isn't to give players an idea of what the game is like?

You're not even good at trolling tbh.

Poor boomer, you are 800 years old and you don't even have an idea of what a demo is after so many years… Also people who liked AoD already know what to expect from the game, they don't need a fucking 10 minute demo. Only some few retards like you need explanation on everything.

Happy New Year Boomer!

Last edited:
Poor boomer, you are 800 years old and you don't even have an idea of what a demo is after so many years… Also people who liked AoD already know what to expect from the game, they don't need a fucking 10 minute demo. Only some few retards like you need explanation on everything.

shredder.png

Isn't the demo actually public combat beta? As per my understanding that probably doesnt show much else then combat mechanics? Didnt try it myself, just read about it, so I can be wrong.

Just ignore DarkOzric.

The demo is literally only meant to show the combat at this stage.
It's interesting if you want to understand how the combat works and try out some builds, but it doesn't give a feel for the game and how that's going to play.

However, it's likely that if you enjoyed the gameplay in AoD you would in this game too as they're using many of the same design philosophies.

And vice versa.

However, it's likely that if you enjoyed the gameplay in AoD you would in this game too as they're using many of the same design philosophies.

And vice versa.

You said to him to ignore me and then you tell him the same thing as I said to him previously, LOL...I guess the brain-muscle on this forum is very thin...

Back
Top Bottom