Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North May 9th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The release date for Battle Brothers DLC Warriors of the North will be May 9th.

Release Date Announcement

What started out as a small DLC has become a sizable expansion again. We're happy to announce that the 'Warriors of the North' DLC for Battle Brothers will be released on May 9th for the price of $8.99 or your local equivalent. You can already find and wishlist it on Steam right here and on GOG here.

The artwork above can also be downloaded as a wallpaper here.

The 'Warriors of the North' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a more distinct northern region, as well as different starting scenarios to pick for your mercenary company. Face an entirely new faction of barbarians in battle, wear new viking and rus themed gear, and follow the legend of the 'Ijirok', a mythical creature of the frozen north!

Features

• Origins - Pick one of ten different origins and play as northern barbarians, peasant militia, or a flock of cultists. Each origin has special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.

• New Opponents - Face an entirely new faction of northern barbarians, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics.

• Legendary Locations - Visit two new legendary locations and fight two new bosses in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.

• Champions - Hunt down enemy champions and face them in battle to claim famed items for yourself.

• New Banners and Gear - Dress in style with a collection of new viking and rus inspired banners, shields, helmets and armors. Use new weapons and let loose the new nordic warhound!

• New Contracts and Events - Earn your stay in the north by taking on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.

• New Music - Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.

• New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.
Please note: You'll be able to continue your current campaign with the DLC, but you won't have access to all of the new content until you start a new campaign.
More information.

Looking forward to starting a few dozen more companies. I just have to get rid of the Grim Dawn itch I’ve been scratching this month.

I'll keep waiting until all the content for this is available before commencing my replay. I enjoyed this a great deal the first time around, and with all the new features I suspect I'll love it even more!!

I think I'll start another game myself sometime after this DLC. It will not be streamed.

--
Backlog: lots

With 10 different origins, that will add many hours of gameplay. I may not do all 10 origins but even doing half of them would add a few hundred hours. This could be my most played game ever with over 1000 hours played already.

Not everyone.
Actually, playing games is a way of ensuring a low numbered backlog.
Gaming is not a chore, gaming is nothing like going through a list of chores. Pointless to play a game with the thought of all games that might be played in a future because they were bought with no intent of playing them.
For that, it is better to be interested in playing games.

Not everyone.
Actually, playing games is a way of ensuring a low numbered backlog.
Gaming is not a chore, gaming is nothing like going through a list of chores. Pointless to play a game with the thought of all games that might be played in a future because they were bought with no intent of playing them.
For that, it is better to be interested in playing games.

Which is why you watch... streamers play games... ? o_O

Go home, AI, you're drunk.

Question asked so many times. People cant accept answers made to them. They need to see something else to fit their failing patterns of thinking.

Why:

Because:

One: on this site's demand. Personal experience was not deemed enough and was asked to be supplemented by observations taken from other players'experience.
This was the starter.

Two: Products that are meant to meet streamers'needs are better streamed or watched streaming. People on this site are enamoured with products meant for streaming.

Three: in case of games, watching players play it helps to enrich one's own way of playing.

Third is minor compared to the first two causes.

Hey Chien, this thread is about Battle Brothers. One of the greatest games of all time. Not about the shit you type that no one can understand and gives members headaches if they try.

I have none so far :p
Well I have a ton of games to finish.:blush:

Lack of motivation is my problem as I can't seem to finish a single one anymore.:(

Not about the shit you type that no one can understand
So that shit can be about BB.
and gives members headaches if they try.
Just like playing stuff like TW3 comes with a cost and leaves players wondering if they can play games like Sekiro, playing stuff like BB comes with a cost.

I don't know what it is about Battle Brothers but how can such a simple game give me so much joy when the fancy triple A games fizzle out for me after a week.

Just like Eador Genesis and HoMM3. These with Civ4 would be my most played games all time. Maybe throw EQ in there also.

Aye, Battle Brothers is really all that and more. It's been almost a year I think since I completed the base version, and I'm ready to replay this masterpiece, just as soon as all the content is released and fully patched.

I don't know what it is about Battle Brothers but how can such a simple game give me so much joy when the fancy triple A games fizzle out for me after a week.

By the same standard, thousand of players spend hundreds of hours by year playing a FIFA game. And they quite often buy only one game per year: the FIFA game released that year.

How can they stick to the same franchise over the years when a simple game like BB is out there.

By the same standard, thousand of players spend hundreds of hours by year playing a FIFA game. And they quite often buy only one game per year: the FIFA game released that year.

How can they stick to the same franchise over the years when a simple game like BB is out there.

That's not the same standard, that's you either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what Hastar said. He was not using any standard besides his own enjoyment.

Of course it is not the same standard.

Players who have built up thousands of hours on FIFA have been doing it using a different standard: their own enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom