DA:O I just finished

Dragon Age: Origins
the blood splatters can simply be turned off in the options.

I like a good blood drenching, characters covered in it at times can be cool and dramatic. The movie Carrie was a good example of a dramatic and scary blood drenching. The band Samhain was notorious for dousing themselves in fake blood during their performances, it has a kinda scary and primal effect.

..but Dragon Age made me turn it off, the timing was just so terrible. Dont have everyone covered in blood when they smack a couple rats around or something, or have ranged chars who got nowhere near the action covered in it. Then afterward, simply create a "wiping off" animation that has the characters quickly wiping down after the battle music ends or something. It cant be that hard.

But didn't you like romancing and kissing while covered in blood?? :D Btw, I think there is a mod for no blood or something.

In the settings menu, you can turn the blood off. ;)

But is still there, for example on the loading screen, as "travelling bloodspots" on the landscape map ... :roll:

I don't understand why picking are so upset about the whole blood thing. Is it still the Marilyn Manson trailer? ;) Like said, the blood-stained faces can be turned off, but even that I keep turned on. The rest? What's the big problem? Afraid that someone will walk by and think you're a silly blood-obsessed teenager? It's not even that bad.

It's even symbolic, as in the betrayal of the king, etc.

The reason is simple : It's the some - only the opposite - why people just can't stand games like … Zanzarah, for example.

They are just turned off by such a high "cuteness factor" like in Zanzarah.
Some people feel as if … cuteness was a blight in itself. ;)

The reason is simple : It's the some - only the opposite - why people just can't stand games like … Zanzarah, for example.

They are just turned off by such a high "cuteness factor" like in Zanzarah.
Some people feel as if … cuteness was a blight in itself. ;)

Yeah, and I don't have a problem with stuff like that. It's like some people are thinking, "Dude! This sucks! I hope nobody saw me look at this cutesy pussycat screenshot! I better make a tough guy remark about how stupid this is!"

Some people dislike stuff that looks cartoony or anime style for similar reasons. And then there is a minority that is honestly not very enticed by the art direction of such products and just honestly says, "I don't like it. Oh, well."

Maaaah! A video of a kitten jumping out of a box! Must look away before someone notices I looked!!

Yes, it's exactly like that.

It's as if "real men" weren't allowed to say how cute a tiny kitten can be. ;)

A good friend of mine has 3 cats, one of them found by her in in the snow next to a waste container. It is snow-white, a really cute animal and lovable ! :)

But - the reason why she was "dumped" was that she (the white cat) is a mutant : She has two genetically "defects" in the look of her. But I was allowed ( :lol: ) to … what's the correct English word for it ? pet ? caress ? strike ? her (the cat), and she liked it, too ! ;)
My friend was very astonished at how much this particular cat liked it. (Her other two cats are extraordinary shy.) It was a really lovely experience to me. :) I wish I could have a cat here, too, but currently this isn't possible.

I have a special thing for cats of all kinds and from since I was a kid I stop when I see a cat in the streets to have a talk with it. ;) Most men prefer dogs. :3

Dogs are way cuter.

See how jocks oppress us? See?

Cats are very "fuck off!" if they don't like something and that's cool. They also have the best lives imaginable. On the other hand, dogs are always happy in everything they do. Happy when you get home, happy when they go for a walk, happy if you look in their direction, happy when you sneeze, happy when the wind blows in their face... it's very easy to make these guys happy. :)

Cats on the other hand... complicated creatures. Both are cool! But cats are cooler. :)

I love both but have to admit I prefer the big dogs... but then I am biased:

happyDogs.jpg

Schnauzers are great dogs. While German for some reason they always make me think of the Scotts.

I always include Dog in my DAO play throughs. (Thought I would attempt to bring it back on topic lol)

One good "party" thing about the Mabari is his knack for finding cool stuff. Whenever you enter a new area, it's good to talk to him and ask him if he sees anything interesting. Sometimes he'll go dig up a magic item or something, Ive had him bring me some cool stuff.

Dog barked a lot but seldom had any real lines. Still it didn't bother me. He was loyal and acted like most dogs. Sometimes I prefer a good solid companion who will listen and protect me without a lot of drama :) I got enough dialogue with the other companions I switched around. Many of them did react to dog which was nice though - so it wasn't like he was a total wall flower. He would cause reactions in camp and others would chat to him on the side at times.

I really don't think this is a spoiler but just in case:

The only thing I really disliked, and this wasn't dog but the game devs, was at the epilogue you had a chance to chat with any left over companions. If dog was there you not only could not give him a rub or hug goodbye you couldn't even interact with him. Not even click on him. He was like a piece of furniture. I was pretty ticked at that.

Have you ever tried to use the Dog to fight Loghain? Rather cute:biggrin:

I didn't take the dog much my first play through but plan on it the next. Really, no drama...he's just happy to be along....and even tries to bring kids home to keep!

Wolf> yeah, I really wanted to pet my dog or maybe he could even fetch one last thing for old times sake.:)

that would be awesome to see him dueling Loghain, lol

Just in case you didnt know - When rolling w/ the Mabari, make sure to look for "landmarks" whenever in a new area. Take control of him, run over there and whizz on the landmark. He then gets "Mabari Dominance" in that area, +2 to str/con/will

I cracked up the first time it accidentally happened. Was cruising around scouting and checking things out, clicked on a landmark, and he lifted his leg and peed on it! My jaw dropped!

That was actually just one more thing that solidified my love for the game, that level of dog behaviour detail. Now youre making me want to play it again, Celeste!

Don't you have to activate 3 and after the third landmark tree has been found, then you are able to use the trees for the Mabari Dominance?

And yes, it was one of those "I remember where I was" moments in Redcliffe and just cracked up when he lifted his leg :lol: It was just priceless. I do wish they had more cool paints and collars for him though.

I still can't wait to take him the whole way through. Watch him chew up those mages and watch them flail around like Alistair had to when he ran into the packs of them hehe.

Back
Top Bottom