Age of Decadence - September Update

The problem is that companies are trying to change the purpose into creating a new revenue stream. That's the key point you seem to be missing.

I was replying to his comment about demos. You're obviously talking about early access. I'm not the one missing things here.

Steam Early Access, or other similar setups (such as what VD's doing with AoD), should basically be considered a pre-order, where they give you alpha/beta access to the game as a side benefit. It's not a replacement for a free demo, nor is it a new revenue stream. It's just a replacement for pre-orders.

See… he gets it.

Wrong again. I am not talking about early access. I am talking about paying for access to a demo. If you get the full game too when it comes out without paying more, then that's fine. But then the purpose of the demo is not to evaluate before making a purchase decision but generate early income much like a pre-order. Further, it's a slippery slope, that could lead to paying for demos WITHOUT access to the full released game. That's what I am concerned about. Get it?

When did I pay for a demo? I never did, and I never will. And I'm not just talking about video games either.

Well not all of my dates were cheap. ;)

I agree with the people here not too keen on early access. I have nothing against it, although it seems to be getting out of hand very quickly. I prefer the whole experience, so I'll buy it when it's done. AOD looks very promising, and I'll happily pay for it when it is done =)

Back
Top Bottom