The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Yeah, but we had a few add-ins last week and had to re-do it for those who hadn't been there the first time. We're now ready for part 2 after finishing the Helm and the Blockade!! :)

You don't have to redo the first two parts if you're on the third; heading to the blockade entrance will take you straight to part 3.

The guild is growing large enough that soon we'll be forced into two groups every Friday if everyone shows. I noticed we have two new people playing.

Peter and I ran Taming the Flames in House K today. It is rough. Very rough. No shrine until you're almost done rough. The good thing is that a Resist Fire and Protect Fire Cover 90% of the damage you get in there.

I also Greater Reincarnated Rachail. She now has much better damage output, more HP, and better AC than before. She'll be doing better in a level or two, once I get a few items.

Just dropped in to DDO and Peter was playing some high level dungeon, but no-one else was on. I think I just missed people!! :(

Hi Corwin. Are you Avalonna? I was doing Haunted library in house J and it was pretty intense. Had to work hard to keep people alive so I hadn't a chance to reply in time.

I've been on most of the evening, but with characters not yet added to the guild. Rather than work on STK again, I decided to take my ranger to the catacombs. Got mobbed and stomped again on the second mission. Not entirely my fault this time. Skelly knights don't go down to bows or two hand axes well, particularly when they spawn on top of you. *sigh*

Spent the rest of my time building my 4th character. Nearly picked another barby, but realized that I don't really take advantage of the special abilities like I should, so I settled in on a fighter. Putting all my skill points into search and spot, so we'll see if it's enough to still find all those secret doors like I want. Built one with plans to be a club meister only to discover that the starting weapon menu doesn't include any good bludgeoning weapons (the heavy mace is clearly for clerics). Deleted that one and built another. She'll be a long sword and shield meister. A tad bland, but DDO doesn't have scythes or spears to give her some flavor.

You should have buzzed us on Skype. Az and I were doing parts of Catacombs at the same time. If you let us know when you're on, we can join up AND get your chars in the Guild so we KNOW when you're online!! :) Some of us are frequently on DDO looking for others from here to team up with. We all monitor Skype as well, so send messages any time you are planning to play and one or more of us may be available. :)

I usually don't turn off Skype unless I know I won't be able to get on DDO for a time. So if I'm on, feel free to send a message. Just give me a moment, since I may be away from the computer, or in the middle of something.

Well, you guys are always rattling on about "solo on elite this" and "solo 5 levels above that", so I kinda wanted to see what I could do. My intent is still to reserve the ranger and the fighter for solo work and bring the barby and/or cleric to partytime as needed.

The only reason I solo anything, is because I can't find anyone else online!! :)

I've been going back with both of my toons and doing things on hard and haven't had too much issue. Haven't played since Monday or so with the guildies but when I'm not teaming with them all I do is solo stuff. PUG's are pains unless they have 4 legs and a tail. I'm patient and persistent enough to get through stuffs . . .for the most part. ATM am having a hard time even sitting comfortably without putting my legs up so gaming is even getting hard. *sniffles*

I generally solo due to no one being on, and a earned dislike of pugs. Especially trying to heal one. It doesn't help that my Cleric gets a good 15-20 invitations an hour when I'm on her, so I usually end up annoyed at the general population.

I'm slightly more willing to pug with my Paladin or Bard, but Bards are almost never asked for in a pug, and Paladins fill a role often filled by three other classes. Low-level wizards are also hard to get a group with it seems, as not once have I been able to get a group with Mirie. Favored Souls are iffy, since no one can guess what the build is and whether you heal or not.

Well, thanks to Peter's help today, both my Sorc and rogue have reached level 6. I still think in DDO that the Wiz is superior to the Sorc in everything but mana. Now let's see if I can get my wiz up to level 7!! :)

Has anyone else experienced bad lag today? I can't even play, it's so bad. It's a chore to just walk around in public areas. CoD had no issues, so I'm not sure what was going on.

Just a moment ago, my ping was sitting around 75-80ms, when I normally run 45-50ms. 6% loss. I haven't been able to get on all day, tried before noon, tried again this afternoon, and just tried again just now.

*Edit*

On the DDO forums, there are pure Wizards claiming to solo level 6 quests at level 4. Mine most certainly cannot. :p They're using stealth and good tactics; I've watched a couple of videos. It's a playstyle that requires patience, something I... lack. ;)

Last edited:
Well you know Corwin and Peter don't have that so there goes their chances. :lol:

I'm good to go for tonight. Do we need the barby or the cleric? Both are level 4 right now, although the barby is close to level 5.

Is it possible for you to get them to level 5 before the gaming session? I can help you and will be logged on for quite a while before our gaming session. You can send me a tell message when you're logged in. If you bring a level 5 character instead of a level 4character is gives us a chance to bring at least a level 7, but probably also a level 8 character to the group. The only level 7 character I have is a cleric, but I can bring a level 8 paladin. We can do fine with 2 clerics so it doesn't matter who you will bring. If Corwin plays a caster, Joe a rogue and CM a fighter then we're set and go. If CM plays her rogue then you may have to get your barb or I play with my level 8 paladin. Don is playing clerics and paladins too and will probably bring one of them.

If I feel like I do right now I too will be here tonight. Will try to get my rogue to level 5 but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'll see what I can do with the barby, but I'm not going to have a lot of time between work and gametime to do much.

Back
Top Bottom