KotOR - Remake Coming to PC?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Sony has announced that the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake will be a console exclusive for PlayStation 5 which doesn't necessarily rule out a PC release as has been hinted at.

Sony has just announced a remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. While this remake is most likely in an early development stage, Sony has hinted that this remake will release on the PC.

According to Sony's blogpost, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake is a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch. This most likely means that the game will release simultaneously on PS5 and PC.

[...]

More information.

Yeah it totally makes senses to make it a Sony exclusive.:roll:

Secondly what does Sony have to do the project in the first place? Anyway I thought is was Aspyr that was handling the remake, and Sony doesn't own the studio.

Must of been a nice bribe of cash from Sony executives.:greedy:

Also don't read the comment section on that website.:whew:

Also to clarify yes it's releasing on the PC from Aspyr's Twitter page.

Since we can't embed tweets this is the best I can do.
This is no Jedi mind trick! We’re bringing STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic - Remake to PlayStation 5 as a console exclusive at launch and to PC in partnership with@PlayStation and @Lucasfilmgames!

I'm betting this is sony worried about no western rpgs on their portfolio...

Doesn't help with articles like this and other headlines saying PS5 exclusive only. They were quick to clarify that on Twitter. Now they just have XBox gamer's pissed off.:lol:

I am interested in this. KoTOR is a great game but could very much use an upgrade.

I am interested in this. KoTOR is a great game but could very much use an upgrade.
Depends on what they change and how good the new writing will be. :)

Twitter users and the Codex are already in uproar over the new head writer.

Hmm the engine will probably be Unreal 5 though that's just my guess.:thinking:

Interesting! I liked this game quite a bit (though I much prefered the sequel) which I replayed 4-5 years ago. Unless, they manage to remake this into something messy & very different, I'll be sure to pick it up at some point.

Story and companions are nice, but the game desperately needs a combat revamp. I tried to replay it 2 years ago and combat was so unbelievably easy that I lost all interest.

Yeah it totally makes senses to make it a Sony exclusive.:roll:

Also don't read the comment section on that website.:whew:

Well, well, well. This coming from you, Couch? I thought feminism and "woke" "SJW" are the pest of the internet?

It is disgusting that a big website allows so much anti-semitism, anti-feminism, mysogynistic crap and racism in the comments for a computer game announcement...

On topic: What's next? Aspyr blackmailing M$ into making an KotOR2 remake exclusivly for XBox Series? Cunning guys they seem.

Well, well, well. This coming from you, Couch? I thought feminism and "woke" "SJW" are the pest of the internet?

I think Couch is more worried about the spread of soulslikes and games requiring an online connection. At least that's the impression I get from him constantly popping in to complain about those things. ;)

Yeah that phase has passed. I have new targets now.:p

Death to souls-likes and games requiring an online connection.:shakefist:

Pitchfork-mob.jpg

Imagine they make a soul-like KotOR - the ultimate sin ;)

They've been careful not to show any date, but Aspyr must have been on this for a while. I hope it's not made for console with a PC port as an afterthought, but both companies are very console-oriented.

Imagine they make a soul-like KotOR - the ultimate sin
Don't you dare speak suck blasphemy you heathen.:shh:
They've been careful not to show any date, but Aspyr must have been on this for a while. I hope it's not made for console with a PC port as an afterthought, but both companies are very console-oriented.
Yeah that's a valid worry but for now not many details are known yet.

My main worry is they don't release a poor PC port with game-pad controls. That and and you put that damn thought above in my head now. Damn you I hate you right now.

Don't you dare speak suck blasphemy you heathen.:shh:
Yeah that's a valid worry but for now not many details are known yet.

My main worry is they don't release a poor PC port with game-pad controls. That and and you put that damn thought above in my head now. Damn you I hate you right now.
Well, playing KotOR the first time after NWN, it felt a little bit like a console game with the direction BioWare was taking ;)

But you're right, too early to worry about that :)

Back
Top Bottom