Gamedec - Aspects and Professions

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Anshar Studios has posted two short teasers in their Gamedec Mechanics Onboarding series, on "aspects" and professions.

Welcome to the pre-release Gamedec Mechanics Onboarding!

In this series, we will explain the basic mechanics in Gamedec, the upcoming isometric, cyberpunk RPG.

Next in line are aspects - think of them as a virtual currency used to buy professions. You can get them by interacting with the environment and talking to many NPCs.

It's time for Professions - you can unlock them using various aspects collected through gameplay. They give you even more options to interact with the environment and NPCs. They define who you really are.

More information.

They have announced the time of release on September 16th: 12:00 EDT / 17:00 GMT / 18h00 CEST / 02:00 AEDT (Sept 17th for our Australian friends of course, not the 16th :)).

E_LMGfqWYAQCfak

Eh? I hadn't seen that mentioned before. I was already skeptical due to the absence of a combat system. The launch price of $30 is starting to seem a little high.

10h gameplay is just an average guess. We prepared a demo for backers and predicted it should take 45 minutes to finish, but the average playthrough took way longer than that. Some of the streamers tend to lick all of the walls and click on everything they need to end the demo after 2-3 hours which is basically three times longer than we expected. From what we know, reviewers spend a lot more time with the game than the 10 hours we predicted.

If I understand correctly, it's the time for one run through the game, but there is enough replay value to play it multiple times and get different experiences (even though the unfolding is probably not a surprise the 2nd time).

I'll wait for reviews on a French site or something like that, to know if it's fine playing with a non-qwerty keyboard (my usual gripe ;)), since I had this issue during the demo. I must be one of the rare specimen left who doesn't like to click on everything with a mouse and keeps his hands on the keyboard. :p

I was sure I had the same problem with the demo. I should have checked those French reviews after all.

I bought it yesterday, and sure enough it's only compatible with US keyboards, and no way to rebind the keys. So not possible to select the dialogues for example.

Sign of a lazy design, so I got it refunded immediately. It's strange, I never had this problem before last year or so. Maybe because I'm buying more indie games and they don't even realize that not everyone has the same hardware.

The initial character build is confusing as hell too (I think someone else here mentioned it already) - you're supposed to select traits that are not even explained. I think they're not hugely important, but still.

Back
Top Bottom