Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Companion Build Guides

Redglyph

proud GASP member
You can automate the build process of the companions in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, or you can do it manually and tune them to optimize your party and better fit your own character. You can even respec them if you wish, by finding the right NPC to train them.

Fextralife has a long experience in build guides, they are releasing a series on the companions, among other class build guides for this game.

The complete list can be found via this link, don't miss the timestamps in the show notes.

More information.

I usually don't touch build guides until I'm doing a replay because they feel too much like metagaming. But they can be useful for tactical improvements on higher difficulty levels.

I usually don't touch build guides until I'm doing a replay because they feel too much like metagaming. But they can be useful for tactical improvements on higher difficulty levels.

I am the other way around especially with a complicated system like pathfinder with a lot of very fluid multiclassing
I read the guides to try to get a grip on the system and try to find the synergies that appeal to me and then I start over and do a proper playthrough

Although this time I am replaying kingmaker instead without guides so perhaps I will not have to use any in the sequel when I play it in a few months time

I feel quite a bit the same way. For me, "build guides" falls into roughly the same category as looking up the solution to a puzzle online.

Sure, it happens that I do that sometimes, either when I feel really stumped or simply don't feel like spending much time figuring something out. However, when it comes to building a character, I don't want a *perfect*, *optimized* build. I'd usually only utilize a guide, when the situation is the same as with a puzzle I can't be bothered to solve.

In most cases I'd rather settle for a more flawed character-build that feels more "organic" to me, more like a real imperfect person in a roleplaying sense.

I am with those who enjoy coming up with their own builds and synergy but guides can be useful for those who want to learn more about builds and/or don't enjoy the time involved with mastering a lot of details on character creation.

I prefer to build a character around an idea of the character versus building one about pure mechanics.

Speaking of Fextralife (and other Wikis), it baffles and annoys me how often they cover some percentage of a game and then just stop. Much of the time whatever is on the wiki when the game is released is the amount of info the wiki will ever have. Emtpy pages for quests, missing chapters, etc. My money is on this one being the same way. It looks like the site that did the most comprehensive Kingmaker guide I've ever seen isn't doing WotR at all, sadly.

Everyone enjoys different things, and that's a good thing, but a pretty big part of my enjoyment of most RPGs is in finding my own paths through the tangle of options in a game, such as character builds, and I couldn't imagine wanting to use or even see someone else's character build in my first play-through of a game.

Speaking of Fextralife (and other Wikis), it baffles and annoys me how often they cover some percentage of a game and then just stop. Much of the time whatever is on the wiki when the game is released is the amount of info the wiki will ever have. Emtpy pages for quests, missing chapters, etc. My money is on this one being the same way. It looks like the site that did the most comprehensive Kingmaker guide I've ever seen isn't doing WotR at all, sadly.

I doubt the Kingmaker guide was that comprehensive a few days after the game was released. As popular as I expect WotR to be, I think it'll eventually have a comparable wiki.

I agree though that many wikis are half-assed.

I doubt they could afford to put everything themselves for a game like this. They give a pretty decent start, and players can edit and complete it if they want. That's the idea of a wiki.

I didn't use it much for Kingmaker, I preferred the wiki on fandom but it wasn't perfect either.

I doubt they could afford to put everything themselves for a game like this. They give a pretty decent start, and players can edit and complete it if they want. That's the idea of a wiki.

I didn't use it much for Kingmaker, I preferred the wiki on fandom but it wasn't perfect either.

I know it is. But what I see happen repeatedly is there is X amount of info on the Wiki at the time the game is released, and if and when I check back weeks, months or years later, that is exactly how much info there still is on the wiki. There are exceptions, of course, but a ton of them never get completed or anywhere close. It's just on to the next Wiki that will get 37% of the way complete and never further.

There was no good Wiki for Kingmaker that I've seen. The game I was referring to as the most complete is this one: https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/guide

There was no good Wiki for Kingmaker that I've seen. The game I was referring to as the most complete is this one: https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/guide
I remember this one, used to consult it too :) This one wasn't bad either: https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Pathfinder:_Kingmaker_Wiki
(and https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ for the rules and lore).

The wiki concept may be flawed in nature. Many people will just consult it but won't add any information. Have you added anything to Fextralife's wiki? I know I haven't; sometimes I do on other sites but it's rare.

The other problem is the reliability of the information, how many times have I seen completely false info on Wikipedia. On any game site, the information can become obsolete too, because the devs change the quests, the items, and other elements.

Nobody gets paid to maintain these sites, so we can only be grateful there is enough information to get started, even if it's not complete (sure, some monetize their website, but it's certainly not enough to maintain a particular guide for very long).

Yea as Red said this is the nature of volunteer work and life in general.

"Why doesn't someone do something about this?"

Is very seldom followed up with:

"Well I guess I had better do this myself then"

Whether it be a Wiki, the climate, crime, or what have you.

I enjoy Wiki myself and appreciate what is there but since I have never contributed any of my own time to enter information (although I donate a buck or two here and there to the main wiki foundation when I see it as am option on pay pal) I try to not complain too much ... although I can still wish it had more information.

I agree, however, that if you are going to start one leaving it mostly unfinished is annoying even though I understand its a time/resource issue so don't blame them either.

You can automate the build process of the companions in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, or you can do it manually and tune them to optimize your party and better fit your own character. You can even respec them if you wish, by finding the right NPC to train them.

Fextralife has a long experience in build guides, they are releasing a series on the companions, among other class build guides for this game.

The complete list can be found via this link, don't miss the timestamps in the show notes.

More information.

What do all the people with loss of hearing do with all these videos ?

I doubt the Kingmaker guide was that comprehensive a few days after the game was released. As popular as I expect WotR to be, I think it'll eventually have a comparable wiki.

I agree though that many wikis are half-assed.

Like for the first Pathfinder, they actually strictly follow a campaign for the RPG tabletop game. The Kingdom and Crusade mechanisms existed there too.

Not diminishing the amount of work, like Larian learned with BGIII, it's not that easy but rules, story, background, NPCs, classes have existed for years now.

Wikis would hit quite a lot of copyrighted content.
That is the cover of the first of the 6 books describing the campaign.

Attachments

• PZO9073_500.jpg
    PZO9073_500.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 34
Like for the first Pathfinder, they actually strictly follow a campaign for the RPG tabletop game. The Kingdom and Crusade mechanisms existed there too.

Not diminishing the amount of work, like Larian learned with BGIII, it's not that easy but rules, story, background, NPCs, classes have existed for years now.

Wikis would hit quite a lot of copyrighted content.
That is the cover of the first of the 6 books describing the campaign.
They actually changed the content, it's not strictly following the Adventure Path entirely because they had to adapt parts for a video game. The same is true for Kingmaker.

I'm not sure how Paizo handles the copyright, they seem quite relax about it.

The classes and the ruleset have been slightly adapted too (though those should be fine with the SRD).

As shown in the cover, it's not strictly the same kind of Demon killing the Silver Dragon.. Yes, they adapted to a CRPG. :)
Not complaining at all, I played the campaign on tabletop and the changes are welcome and very nice.

They are quite open which was one of the reason of their success. A wiki like content however..

Back
Top Bottom