RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Thea 2: The Shattering Preview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
MuHa games was showing the sequel to Thea: The awakening, so I decided to have a look at their latest incarnation in the Thea world: Thea 2: The Shattering.

Thea 2: The Shattering is the sequel to Thea: The Awakening and introduces several new elements and changes, but it remains to be a turn-based isometric hybrid role-playing/survival/strategy/card-game.
In contrast to the first Thea game, you will start without a village and you not required to have one either. You still get to grow your party of characters and explore with multiple teams and do all that without a base. You can however have a village if you want and can even have a couple of villages, but it will not be like Civilization where you get to build an entire empire.
There will be factions and every faction can provide you with quests and trade opportunities as long as you haven't made an enemy out of them. For this there is a friendship counter with each of the factions that determines how they feel about you and can change, based on your actions.
As the world of Thea has been shattered into pieces (hence the name of the game), there will be a number of islands that you will need to travel to and for that, you are able to travel by boat now. The islands will have different biomes, where you can harvest the materials matching the biomes of that island.
More information.

Here is what I learned about Thea 2: The Shattering.

I wanted to get in but my backlog was to big so I'm looking forward to Thea2.
So I got a questions :)
1) Does first game has any story that I should know before playing the second game?
2) Should I play first game or just wait for the second one which will have improvements over the first one?

I wanted to get in but my backlog was to big so I'm looking forward to Thea2.
So I got a questions :)
1) Does first game has any story that I should know before playing the second game?
2) Should I play first game or just wait for the second one which will have improvements over the first one?
The first one has an overarching story about the gods and humans but I do not know if it will be used in the second game.

I think you should get the first one if it's on a sale in the next few months and try it out.

Second one will be similar but with some improvements so if you don't like the first one's premise or concept then you would not need to buy the second one at full price

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I don't think knowing the story of the first one is essential for Thea 2, but I agree with Pladio, get it on a discount (which it was last weekend).
I was not very fond of the village stuff, so I like that they made that optional.

Last edited:
I'm turned off by the card game aspect. :(
Otherwise it really looks interesting.

I normally don't like card-based combat that much and I was turned of by the card game they implemented for the fist game. I just auto-resolved everything after a while.

This implementation of the card game is however much more tactical in my opinion and I enjoyed the time I had, playing it.

Back
Top Bottom