DA3 is stunningly beautiful

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well, it would be hilarious if an artist working on some game once said: "The game looks perfectly mediocre. It's hardly anything to write home about!"

Sure, but they could perhaps be a bit modest about it. You know, like saying it's a very good looking game that they're proud of - instead of this extreme hype.

Sometimes, you can create a stronger impression by being modest - though I'm sure PR departments wouldn't comprehend something so bold.

Also, the fact that this is emphasized instead of the gameplay and story should tell us something.

When will the gaming magazines learn the difference between concept art and screenshot ?

I think what he said sounds promising. I look forward to seeing screenshots of the environments especially.

The good news it that it is stunningly beautiful; the bad news is that the camera angle won't let you enjoy it… :mad:

Sensationalism sells, particularly in the US. Don't know about Denmark. One must always have the scaling factor down in the microns for this kind of hype.

I love a stunningly beautiful game as much as the next grafx whore, but I'd rather play a great game that looks like 1999 than another wonderfully polished turd from the Dragon Age series.

Just make another Origins already, it was pretty enough and fuggin' rocked my world.

DA:O has been accused of being generic.True.But on the other hand it was a game that sucked you in its world.Sometimes being generic is not a problem in a game if other aspects of it are great.And than came DA2.Tried something different but the result was disappointing imo.And the main character was probably the most uninteresting hero i ever had in a game.Didn't care at all what would happen to him.I mean if he dies at DA3 and you play with your character(s) from DA:O i would be happy.
As for the "stunning" thing,well... i simply don't care!I mean with the new technologies every game can look just fine today.So what really matters is its contents.Ok obviously if this can be combined with a state of art graphics that's even better.But don't forget we are talking about RPGs and as far as i recall this genre really shone due to it's great gameplay.And this is the reason that lots of games are still replayable after many years although their graphs seem ridiculous nowadays.I can't imagine on the other hand a FPS fan playing again Castle Wolfenstein for instance.

Back
Top Bottom