What games are you playing now?

After I finished the Tower of Time, I started playing Empire, which is a low graphic game quite similar to the style used by the early Final Fantasy products. The story is pretty interesting, you have a pretty big cast of characters to pick to play, and the exploration factor is high. I've put maybe twenty hours into playing this week and having a blast.

Got tired of PS:T. It's decent but eh, it's too much like a scripted adventure game for my taste i think. Might pick it up again later.

Playing Kingdom Come and i'm not impressed apart from the graphics. Its retarded in numerous ways, like it's trying its very hardest to be a really shitty game and to annoy the player as much as it possibly can. E.g you get a really nice sword, your reaction is obviously "wow, finally, this will come in really handy now and i can see why they would let you have it now.." but no, if you try to use it "it's a quest item" (lol, how.. "realistic" and most of all, how.. fun.)

The horse is absolute shit. It can't jump and therefore useless and extremely dangerous to use. If i go down a stream where there's a slight slope of a few centimeters i'm dead because i'm stuck there. The game is so linear here its not even funny - you missed the bridge - you die.

If you're hunted and you try to heal the game will tell you you can't because "you're in combat" (uh, no i'm actually not) so you bleed to death in no time.

I do like hard games, but when things are done just to annoy, and to make it difficult in a way that is extremely unrealistic then it's just not fun.

I also tried how hiding works. When you escape in the beginning there's a fellow after you that you can outrun rather easily. Even if you hide when he's out of sight he'll find you, so the game has no A.I that makes sense, it's just a simple script that tells this NPC "go to player, attack player".

So far it's a 4/10 game at best, mainly due to the graphics which is nice but demanding.

What nice sword? Did you steal Hans' sword? I bet not.
What useless horse? I guess you want to carry everything yourself...
What linearity? Did we play the same game?

To be fair the game is heavily scripted at the beginning. And that is about 10 hours or so as far as I remember. Ofc this is then followed by 80 hours or so which are not linear.

What nice sword? Did you steal Hans' sword? I bet not.
What useless horse? I guess you want to carry everything yourself…
What linearity? Did we play the same game?

there's only one quest in the beginning where you are given a really nice sword that you and your father has worked on. You are supposed to give it to some lord, but war breaks out so it falls in your hands instead.
The obvious outcome would be to use it, even though he's not well trained yet in the arts of sword fighting.. this is a very eager young man, wanting to learn to fight + loving that sword, i doubt he'd hesitate in a war situation, even if he would suck..

the beginning is 100% linear, and i've heard for many hours to come :(
I think this is really stupid since i bet tons of people just refunded the game because of the awful start, you only have 2h play time to make a decision if its for you or not.

the beginning is 100% linear, and i've heard for many hours to come :(

If it takes you more than 3-5 hours, you are taking too much time smelling the flowers. Just follow the main story and don't bother with anything else until you get at the miller.

If it takes you more than 3-5 hours, you are taking too much time smelling the flowers. Just follow the main story and don't bother with anything else until you get at the miller.

5h is waaay too much though. i thought Witcher 3 was stretching it and that was probably just an hour or something lol.. i'm not playing roleplaying games to watch some utterly boring "cinematic".

There are tons of RPG's with 0 seconds of tutorials or linearity and they work out just fine.

5h is waaay too much though.

It's doable in less than an hour technically. It's just that I doubt anyone doesn't explore a bit here and there when doing it for the first time even if there is no reasons to.

5h is waaay too much though. i thought Witcher 3 was stretching it and that was probably just an hour or something lol.. i'm not playing roleplaying games to watch some utterly boring "cinematic".

There are tons of RPG's with 0 seconds of tutorials or linearity and they work out just fine.

You're really entrenched in that idea. The time it took you to write and read these posts is probably longer than the time it takes to finish the 'tutorial' if you just play the game and follow the story, seriously, it's not that long.

Finally bought Pathfinder. Yes, I did. I like it very much but I am just figuring out the character creation with all the options, lots of options. I decided to just jump in with a monk just to see the beginning but I plan on stopping and taking a better look at character creation again.
Not sure how a monk operates in Pathfinder really. Wanting to use some of those shiny toys I have been finding so I will probably try something else. I did get the DLC for the extra race and class so I might start that.

I also started with a monk in Pathfinder when I first fired up the game back in October.....the monk lasted maybe an hour, then I restarted with a paladin for some reason which escapes me now. I've still not returned to the game, I'm somewhere in chapter two, one day I plan on not only finishing Pathfinder but also likely to do a replay with that poor abandoned monk!

Vurt needs to stop being butthurt and git gud. ;)

There's nothing to be "good" at in the beginning of the game, it's all linear.

Just escaped the castle so i guess it opens up now.

Just wrapped up PoE2 which I've been playing for a long time. What a fantastic gaming experience. Probably my favorite party-based RPG in recent memory. Kudos to the devs on an outstanding job. I thought the game had a crazy amount of high quality content. Many of the zone / maps were super well thought out with creative stories and different ways to play. Lots of cool monsters, lots of cool items, lots of great skills and party combos. And yes I did love the Deadfire setting. Next up will be Pathfinder. I saw the Watch's game of the year votes, so I'm excited to see if I end up liking it even more than PoE2.

I think you are finally "free" to do what you want after you went hunting with Lord Hans Capon and you have to investigate who massacred the horses, which is still some hours to go.

Playing D:OS2. Played for about 8 hours now, starting to get used to the game. I'm enjoying it more than D:OS1, thanks to the better writing, even though the early story sounds quite similar to Dragon Age (the whole chantry and tranquil business). Is the game less stable on Win 7? I've already experienced 2 crash to desktop :(

Not all games are for everyone.

KCD is probably best for people who're willing to invest and play along with what it's trying to do - which is very much a rags-to-riches kind of story, where you start out not being able to do much, and it has a lot of systems and mechanics they need to introduce - somehow.

It's trying to be realistic as much as it can be - given the limitations. Meaning, it doesn't have a ton of modern gaming conveniences, and you need to adapt to the somewhat old-school approach to realism and a simulated world.

Since I knew it was a game based almost entirely on the vision from Vávra - I was prepared for it. He's behind a few of my very favorite games, including Mafia and Hidden and Dangerous.

Both of those are similarly difficult to get used to - and they're very much their own thing.

Not for everyone, definitely.

However, if you stick to it - you might find the effort worth it.

I have around 5h so far and the game still hasn't really opened up, it's all linear. But yes i bet it's decent or even great once it opens up. I can actually see myself enjoying this type of combat because it's not the usual click feast. I'm a big fan of games where i get better by doing (both my own actual gaming skills + in-game skills) that's how it should be.

Someone said the liner part is doable in less than 1h.. not possible, I'm not even really exploring anything, just doing what i'm supposed to according to the journal. I bet there's a total of around 35 mins with just cut scenes. It might be doable in 2h for someone who already knows the locations and who skips everything and doesn't loot etc.

I have around 5h so far and the game still hasn't really opened up, it's all linear. But yes i bet it's decent or even great once it opens up. I can actually see myself enjoying this type of combat because it's not the usual click feast. I'm a big fan of games where i get better by doing, that's how it should be.

Someone said the liner part is doable in less than 1h.. not possible, I'm not even really exploring anything, just doing what i'm supposed to according to the journal. I bet there's a total of around 35 mins with just cut scenes. It might be doable in 2h for someone who already knows the locations and who skips everything and doesn't loot etc.

The linear part can definitely be done in about an hour - but that would be unfortunate.

I think I spent 2-3 hours on it, but I was smelling the flowers quite a bit.

I was also a little surprised at how long it was - and I was worried the game would keep being so rigid.

But it will open up soon enough. Still, it's not Skyrim or Witcher 3. It does have a lot of relatively guided quests and segments.

In hundreds of hours playing never had a crash in win 7. I suspect it is a problem with your system - either old ddl or ram ?

Playing D:OS2. Played for about 8 hours now, starting to get used to the game. I'm enjoying it more than D:OS1, thanks to the better writing, even though the early story sounds quite similar to Dragon Age (the whole chantry and tranquil business). Is the game less stable on Win 7? I've already experienced 2 crash to desktop :(

Back
Top Bottom