White Wolf - Interview @ WoD News

Dhruin

SasqWatch
White Wolf designer Eddy Webb has been interviewed at World of Darkness News - normally out of our purview at the moment but he makes some comments about Vampire: Bloodlines. Don't hold out for another CRPG for a while - at least until CCP gets the MMO out:
Q: Did you feel they captured the essence of the clans and their disciplines in Bloodlines? Why or why not?
EW> More or less. I feel that certain clans got a little more focus than others, but really it’s hard to spread engaging content and design across seven different archetypes. Some of the fan mods, like the Clan Quest mod, do a great job in addressing stuff like that, though. However, like I said before, changing a property between mediums means that some things are just going to be lost. Mind’s Eye Theatre disciplines, for example, aren’t quite the same beast as their tabletop analogs, and powers that are great in tabletop just don’t work well in LARP (or vice versa). I think the same is true for video games, and Bloodlines did a pretty good job in making the core of the disciplines feel accurate, even if individual powers weren’t the same.
Q: Do you feel another Bloodlines type CRPG will ever be produced or started within the next several years?
EW> Honestly, single-player computer RPGs just aren’t as common as they were a few years ago – many companies are converting their IPs into other genres or moving into the MMO space. It’s possible we might explore that space, sure, but certainly not in the next several years. We have this other Vampire computer game to make first. ;)
Thanks, Harlequin!
More information.

When I think about this developer potentially making a new single-player RPG in the vein of Bloodlines, part of me wants to just tell them not to bother. Troika's work on Bloodlines was astoundingly brilliant and ambitious, and the design was nearly flawless in my opinion; measuring up to what Troika accomplished with Bloodlines would be a very difficult task. On the other hand, because Troika tragically no longer exists, a new Vampire: The Masquerade single-player RPG that is made by a different studio is better than not getting a new one at all.

Am I missing something, a link? Here's a link.

CCP worries me, they seem to only cater to the hardcore and pvp, both which keep populations extremely low in mmogs.

Last edited:
making niche products is not a bad thing. there are alot of mainstream products your sure to like. but i understand that your worried that an ip you like is being made into a game that doesnt cater to you.

When I think about this developer potentially making a new single-player RPG in the vein of Bloodlines, part of me wants to just tell them not to bother. Troika's work on Bloodlines was astoundingly brilliant and ambitious, and the design was nearly flawless in my opinion; measuring up to what Troika accomplished with Bloodlines would be a very difficult task. On the other hand, because Troika tragically no longer exists, a new Vampire: .

agree bloodlines was near flawless. But lets not forget that troika also gave us "the temple of elemental evil" one of the worst let downs in CRPG history IMO.

agree bloodlines was near flawless. But lets not forget that troika also gave us "the temple of elemental evil" one of the worst let downs in CRPG history IMO.

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom