Things you don't need to know...

Most Roos are cure, cuddly and harmless (like a Pibbur I suspect)!! However, some can be protective. Remember too, that you can eat a Roo, but not really a gull. :)

This might interest some of you:

"Calling all couchpotatoes: This finger wrap can let you power electronics while you sleep" (https://techxplore.com/news/2021-07-couch-potatoes-finger-power-electronics.html)

It's about ... something ... you can put on one of your fingers, that from "10 hours of sleep" can collect "almost 400 millijoules of energy—this is enough to power an electronic wristwatch for 24 hours. ."

an incarnation of pibbur who realizes he should sleep more at night.

PS. Admittedly you will produce more energy by using your fingers, for instance by pressing the thingy "every 10 seconds", or by covering a larger part of your body with more devices. DS.

This might interest some of you:

"Calling all couchpotatoes: This finger wrap can let you power electronics while you sleep" (https://techxplore.com/news/2021-07-couch-potatoes-finger-power-electronics.html)

It's about … something … you can put on one of your fingers, that from "10 hours of sleep" can collect "almost 400 millijoules of energy—this is enough to power an electronic wristwatch for 24 hours. ."

an incarnation of pibbur who realizes he should sleep more at night.

PS. Admittedly you will produce more energy by using your fingers, for instance by pressing the thingy "every 10 seconds", or by covering a larger part of your body with more devices. DS.
What was that movie again? "to change a human being into this (battery)"? ;)

This reminds me of that, using feet instead of fingers, and recovering some energy from the pedestrian's kinetic energy:
https://www.power-technology.com/fe...ps-london-trials-intelligent-streets-4882232/

I'll put this one here, in stead of the daily smile thread. I find it funny, but probably only to those of you familiar with Venn diagrams.

And ad for Thomson Reuter:
venn-diagram.jpg

an incarnation of pibbur who is a subset of pibbur incarnations

That is not a very positive ad :)

It has started. What? The Badwater 135 ultramarathon from Death Valley, of course. 19th of July at 19:00STZ (Some TimeZone). 100 runners (eventually walkers most likely). And one of them, Bob Becker@Fort Lauderdale@Florida, is 76 years old. He's insane, of course.

At Furnace Creek, 28km from start at the Badwater Basin@Death Valley, mr. Gotsuliak from Ukraine is leading the race after running for 2:32 hours:minutes. He's insane. Mr. Becker passed Furnace creek after 04:45.

You can follow it here: https://www.badwater.com/adventurecorps-presents-the-2021-badwater-135/

An incarnation of pibbur who you won't find there this time.

PS. One of my sources says that runners tend to run as fast as they can through Death Valley. Which may or may not be a good thing. DS.

PPS. To be honest, I don't think the 76 year old should be allowed to start. He's obviously very well trained, or he wouldn't be there. But at that age you are very sensitive to dehydration. DS.

It has started. What? The Badwater 135 ultramarathon from Death Valley, of course. 19th of July at 19:00STZ (Some TimeZone). 100 runners (eventually walkers most likely). And one of them, Bob Becker@Fort Lauderdale@Florida, is 76 years old. He's insane, of course.

At Furnace Creek, 28km from start at the Badwater Basin@Death Valley, mr. Gotsuliak from Ukraine is leading the race after running for 2:32 hours:minutes. He's insane. Mr. Becker passed Furnace creek after 04:45.

You can follow it here: https://www.badwater.com/adventurecorps-presents-the-2021-badwater-135/

An incarnation of pibbur who you won't find there this time.

PS. One of my sources says that runners tend to run as fast as they can through Death Valley. Which may or may not be a good thing. DS.

PPS. To be honest, I don't think the 76 year old should be allowed to start. He's obviously very well trained, or he wouldn't be there. But at that age you are very sensitive to dehydration. DS.

And you reckon us Aussies are crazy! That sort of temperature is best suited to sipping several coldies.

And you reckon us Aussies are crazy! That sort of temperature is best suited to sipping several coldies.

There is one Australian participant: Dion Leonard (http://dbase.adventurecorps.com/individualTd.php?e=7668). He recently passed Darwin (144 km from start). timelapse 19:41:00. 10th position, so he's performing quite well, ATM.

an incarnation of pibbur who claims to be not as crazy as people down under (disputed!).

And we have a winner:

Harvey Lewis (http://dbase.adventurecorps.com/individualTd.php?e=7596) who finished the race in 25 hours and 50 minutes, nearly 4 hours behind the race record (21:56:32, by Yoshihiko Ishikawa).

Average speed was around 9 kph. I can do better than that on short distances.

Bob, the old man (76 years) didn't finish (wise guy).

an incarnation of pibbur who would like to inform the watch that deadline for 2022 application is some time in Feb. 2022. He won't participate.

Last edited:
Seems like Brisbane is going to hold the Olympic games in 2032.

an incarnation of pibbur who sends his condolences|congratulations. To down under. And to participants.

Seems like Brisbane is going to hold the Olympic games in 2032.

an incarnation of pibbur who sends his condolences|congratulations. To down under. And to participants.[/QUOTE @Corwin;
Isn't that where you are?
Has it been confirmed?

Yes, that's roughly where I live (a 30 min drive south). It has been confirmed; I just hope I'm still around to enjoy the experience!! :)

Yes, that's roughly where I live (a 30 min drive south). It has been confirmed; I just hope I'm still around to enjoy the experience!! :)

I spent two weeks in Sydney to watch the hockey tournament at the Sydney 2000 Olympics. It was awesome! Not just the hockey, the real kind not that semi-legalised ice fighting, but the overall experience, feeling etc.

So I, for one, hope @Corwin; that you can go.

These days the Floppy disk/drive celebrates it's 50 year anniveersary. It was developed in the late 60's, but it became commercially available in 1977.

8 inches, 80KB capcatity, capbable of storing the equivalent of 3000 punch cards!!!!

And the rest as they say is history.

pibbuR who was a pibbur (still is).

Record hot temperatures in Death Valley recently. Ouch!

In other words, the ideal conditions for the world's toughest ultramarathon.

pibbuR, and incarnation of pibbur who realizes that one of the reasosnm for not participating is that he probably would DNF before even finishing Death Valley, unable to leave.

Back
Top Bottom