Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Looks like it's time to try Exoplanet again, although the project is becoming a running joke at this point.
Yes, I have to agree. I've been waiting for this one to appear for ages.. Just about given up on it really.

Yes, I have to agree. I've been waiting for this one to appear for ages.. Just about given up on it really.

Roblox, welcome to our forum! :)

Action-RPG Thymesia Delayed Until 2022 - Steam

Together with our publisher Team17, we had made the difficult decision to delay the launch of Thymesia into 2022. As a community you have been so amazing in your support, and we know this will come as a disappointment to many, but our goal is to release Thymesia in the best possible state, and to do this, we need a little longer to work on the finishing touches.
New Gameplay Trailer for Bleak Faith: Forsaken

What can we say - this one is special to us. This was a feature we wanted to expand our team for during the Kickstarter days, so it was a stretch goal. Fast forward, and all the experience we've gained since then has gotten us to a point where without a budget boost, we managed to implement the brutality we'd always envisioned in the world of Bleak Faith. This one is for all you 100-man slayers out there - and especially for captain Miura. The soul of the berserker lives on through all of us.
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official 10 Years Anniversary Trailer

Watch the trailer celebrating 10 years of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and get ready for the continuation of the saga when the Legacy of the Sith expansion launches on December 14, 2021.
Empire of Sin: Make it Count - Official Release Trailer

Join game director Brenda Romero for a deep dive into what you can expect from Empire of Sin's Make it Count expansion, which brings a new playable boss: Maxim Zelnick, the "Mob's Fixer." Zelnick brings a string of ways to expand your empire, including the Fixer gangster profession, Loan Shark racket, additional missions, weapons, events, and much more.

Dying Light 2 New Gameplay on GameInformer

Few games have captured the imagination quite like Dying Light 2 Stay Human. Developer Techland's ambitious open-world title has the potential to wow players with meaningful choices, a beautiful space to cause chaos, and satisfying zombie slaying. While Dying Light 2 has stayed in the shadows for the majority of the last few years, today, we're giving you a new look into this undead nightmare.
Dying Light 2 Written Preview Roundup

1. IGN
  2. Game Informer
  3. PC Gamer
  4. Eurogamer
  5. WCCFTech

Looks Like Dying Light 2 Will Be Worth The Wait!

Recently we got to go hands-on with #DyingLight2 gameplay for 3 whole hours and, while we weren't busy drop-kicking zombies into and off of things, we were making notes about how Dying Light 2 gameplay breathes new life into the series
Elden Ring's World Doesn't Have Much More To Offer Than Combat - TheGamer
Now I'm not saying this focus on combat is bad, it feels incredible to play and I'll absolutely lose hours to The Lands Between, but I hope newcomers don't come to Elden Ring expecting something akin to Breath of the Wild or Far Cry, since it's just as punishing as the masterpieces that came before it. You will die again and again and again as you learn the inner workings of its unforgivable world, eventually emerging victorious with a trail of blood defining your footsteps. I'm ready for Elden Ring, but I know what I'm getting, and that's okay.
Path of Exile - Creating Scourge Lore
In Path of Exile: Scourge, we introduced The Last to Die, a new NPC from an alternate Wraeclast swarmed by ravenous demons. For this news post, our Narrative Designer, Matt, has taken a moment to reflect on writing for Scourge League. Here are his thoughts.
Encased Review - Gamebansheee
Overall, Encased is a functional but less-than-exciting RPG. The premise is fine, the engine is fine, but there isn't enough content to support the campaign. Developer Dark Crystal Games has released a handful of patches since the game's release a couple of months ago, but so far they've only fixed some minor problems, and it's not clear if they plan to do anything major (or if they even agree with my assessment that there isn't enough content). Encased has a mid-range price point, so it won't cost you an arm and a leg to try it out, but if you're interested in turn-based post-apocalyptic RPGs, then there are numerous better ones out there, like Underrail and Wasteland.
GRAVEN - Roadmap Changes Announcement
As you might already know from our Roadmap, our next update for GRAVEN was delayed. Our team is hard at work on the game. After some challenging internal discussions, we've decided this is not the right time to release a new content update.
PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya apologizes to Microsoft for Scalebound's Cancellation
PlatinumGames developer Hideki Kamiya has spoken out about the Scalebound project - a planned Xbox One exclusive action RPG that was announced in 2014 and ultimately cancelled in 2017 after a difficult development beset with various struggles.
Two Story-driven SP Star Wars Games in Development - DSO
According to industry insider Tom Henderson, DICE pitched Battlefront 3 to EA for its next title. However, the publisher has shot it down due to licensing costs. As such, DICE is now – most likely – working on a new Battlefield game. Thankfully, though, there are currently two story-driven single-player Star Wars games in development at EA.

Last edited:
Gamebansheee's review is rather botched IMO, the guy is badly informed and the few random paragraphs I read had factual errors in them.

I loved this one: "My first time through, I didn't know what to do early in the game and was constantly frustrated." - says it all, where are my map pointers? I'm so lost without them. :lol: There are a few things that are true, like balancing and content-wise (though not as bad as he puts it).

Game-banshee always like to stir the pot with their reviews. Still better then the codex though. Anyway I just noticed you posted one of the videos already. Better fix that.

Game-banshee always like to stir the pot with their reviews. Still better then the codex though. Anyway I just noticed you posted one of the videos already. Better fix that.
Did we post the same video? Didn't notice, but anyway I think neither of us should worry about a little redundancy. Your thread covers more games and news in any case, I'm probably too picky. :)

I'm not surprised by what you say on Banshee, I think it's not the first time they publish a review that looks off. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but it definitely deserves better than this (BTW, I have written a review for the Watch, it should be up soon).

When I read this: "Games has released a handful of patches since the game's release a couple of months ago, but so far they've only fixed some minor problems, and it's not clear if they plan to do anything major" I can't help thinking this guy hasn't done his homework; they were very clear on what they were about to do (and there were only minor problems to fix, regarding the patches).

I don't think I ever read any review on the codex (nor anything else), I'll have a look out of curiosity.

Top RPG News Nov 21, 2021

Project Awakening Update, Salt and Sacrifice Online Coop, Outriders New Horizon, Wartales Early Access, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Update, Ruined King RPG Sudden Release, Elex 2 Factions, and Star Wars the Old Republic Legacy of the Sith Expansion on this week Top RPG News Nov 21, 2021
Fallout 76 Update Night of the Moth Developer Preview - Bethesda

In this Developer Dive the Fallout 76 development team will preview changes coming with our “Night of the Moth” Update. Including the new “Mothman Equinox” Seasonal Event, Season 7: Zorbo’s Revenge and several Quality-of-Life improvements.
System Shock Remastered Edition Update #82 - Kickstarter
Welcome back Hackers, We are still in heads-down mode and entering the QA phase of development, which means that the backer beta will be in the near future! However, we do have a few sneak peeks of the opening cinematic as well as the playable area in the Hacker's apartment we want to share.

The Invincible First look official trailer - Golden Joystick Awards 2021

"The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.
Most Wanted Game - Elden Ring - Golden Joysticks Awards 2021

Elden Ring wins most wanted games at the 2021 Golden Joystick Awards
The Way of Wrath RPG - Kickstarter Update #6 -Big News & New Trailer

Here's a look at The Way of Wrath, an upcoming RPG that puts players in the shoes of the chieftain of a pre-historic tribe, and challenges you to survive. Choose your allies, engage in fierce combat, and most importantly, stay alive in the harsh world of the early Bronze Age. From picking your character's skills to cooking and crafting, watch the The Way of Wrath gameplay trailer for a look at what's to come.

Ultimate Game of All Time Dark Souls Golden Joysticks awards 2021

Dark souls wins Ultimate Game of All Time at the Golden Joysticks awards 2021
Top 10 Games from the Nineties

I know I've left many out. I'll let you know that Final Fantasy VI, Myst, Actraiser 2 and Monkey Island were also thoroughly considered.
How Dungeons & Dragons Shaped PC Gaming - PC Gamer
It explains a lot about Warren Spector, the driving force behind Deus Ex, that his first dungeon master was the author Bruce Sterling. Not only was Sterling destined to become one of the fathers of cyberpunk—the science fiction genre that spliced future tech with social commentary, just as Deus Ex would—but he was a generous and accommodating DM.

"What was most powerful about that first night, and all the nights that followed for the next ten or so years, wasn't the story Bruce was telling to us," Spector says. "It was the story my friends and I were telling with him."
And that's all folks sorry about the lack of good news but news this week is crap.:(

Whelp back again after scrying for more news.:biggrin:

Battle Brothers Coming to Consoles

UKIYO Publishing and Overhype Studios are proud to announce that the critically acclaimed procedurally-generated tactical RPG Battle Brothers is coming to PlayStation and XBOX in early 2022!
Lost Eidolons November 2021 Dev Update - Steam

November development update with ODS Creative Director of Lost Eidolons, Jin Sang. This month's features shows new a ton of new improvements to cutscenes/storytelling, improved systems in combat, and Kickstarter updates!
Achilles: Legends Untold is an Isometric Action RPG - Steam Early Access

End the conflict between Hades and Ares in this souls-like action RPG. Battle gods, defeat mythological creatures, and gather resources alone or in co-op in Achilles: Legends Untold.

Last edited:
tinyBuild Acquires Versus Evil and Red Cerberus

Versus Evil and Red Cerberus join with the Seattle-based publisher tinyBuild. A respected publisher among developers, Versus Evil have put their name to some of the most striking and critically acclaimed games in recent years, partnering with studios such as Stoic (The Banner Saga trilogy) and Obsidian (Pillars Of Eternity 2) to publish their titles across multiple platforms.
Hearts of Iron IV No Step Back Released

The largest armies in the world go to battle - led by armored spearheads and supplied by extensive railway networks. Tell exciting new stories of the titanic clash of ideologies in Eastern Europe in No Step Back.
Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition Coming to Xbox
We are thrilled to grow our community on the Xbox and expand the ARPG offering on console. Grim Dawn will debut on Xbox with a "Definitive Edition" that assembles years of expansions and free content updates into one convenient package by bundling the Ashes of Malmouth expansion, Forgotten Gods expansion, and the Crucible game mode!
Mass Effect TV series deal reportedly underway at Amazon Studios - Deadline
Amazon Studios may soon close a deal for a Mass Effect television series. The company says it's spearheading adaptation efforts following the success of The Wheel of Time and progress on other dramas, which has led to conversations for new IPs.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition listing suggests it's coming to Game Pass - VGC

That's according to listings on the official Xbox Store, which briefly flagged the three-game remaster collection with a Game Pass badge on Friday, as spotted by Polish site XGP. EA's own game subscriptions service, EA Play, is bundled in with Xbox's Game Pass Ultimate tier. Historically, EA has added its new releases to the service within a year of their release.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human - World Director Interview

In the latest episode of Dying 2 Know More, Thomas Gerbaud, World Director of Dying Light 2: Stay Human, talks us through The City and its people in greater detail. Following the Fall of civilization, people have come together to create a new civilization and way of life in the face of the infection. Players will discover this world and its inhabitants through Aiden's eyes, with the consequences of his actions disrupting their everyday lives.
Disciples: Liberation Review - Gamebanshee
Disciples: Liberation has a framework of good ideas buried under a pile of questionable design decisions. It would need a lot of adjustments and rebalancing to be satisfying on a mechanical level, and even then, we'll be left with a tonal inconsistency with the rest of the series.

Get this game only if you'd like to know what happened to the world of Disciples after it became a parody of itself, or if you're really desperate for a game in the vein of The Legend branch of the King's Bounty series.
Master of Magic Remake - Community Q&A
We've asked our community on Discord to put forward some burning questions and we've attempted to answer them all the best we can at this point in development. Please note I may have paraphrased some of the questions, especially when there were several that asked the same thing.
Monster Hunter Rise PC Version will Have all Major Content Updates
Capcom has announced that the PC version of Monster Hunter Rise will launch with content up to the Nintendo Switch release's version 3.6.1. In case you're wondering how much content will be available, it will include all major updates and crossover content announced to date.
21 Years And Shenmue's World Still Feels More Real Than Most Games
Deep down, it's a very simple simulation. There's nothing technically complex about it. But the illusion of life it creates is immensely powerful. You feel like this is a world that exists and functions whether you're there or not. As you play, you start picking up on people's routines without consciously realising it. You know Nozomi will always be working at the flower shop during weekdays, or that Ryuji from the Water Dragon thrift store will be chowing down at Funny Bear Burger each lunchtime. This brings a sense of cosy familiarity to the setting and a charming feeling of community that I've never encountered in any other video game. Yokosuka is a place, not just a cardboard, place-shaped box.
No End In Sight For SW: The Old Republic, But No Plans For Game Preservation
Star Wars: The Old Republic will be turning 10 on December 20, 2021. The latest expansion for the game, Legacy of the Sith, will be released on December 14. During an exclusive interview on November 17, the creative director behind Legacy of the Sith, Charles Boyd, said there were "no specific plans for an end date" when it comes to supporting The Old Republic. This should be good news for anybody wondering about where the game is going in the long run. But nothing lasts forever.

Malus Diablo 1-inspired Gothic Horror Isometric ARPG - Steam

Malus is a Action Role Playing Game with an emphasis on horror, combat and gameplay. The game is much slower paced than your typical ARPG.

In Malus, the world has been overrun by eternal darkness. Demons have won the Celestial War and taken over the world. Every corner of the land you will find evil lurking. Humanity is in the brink of extinction. You play as either a Male or Female, you wake up in the middle of a forest, not knowing how you got there, you scower the land in search answers.

Soon uncovering dark and horrific secrets about the land and also yourself.
Achilles: Legends Untold - The many foes of Achilles
So, who will try to stop Achilles in his tracks? Let's start with Greek Soldier. These brave warriors may be encountered equipped with various weapons - swords, spears, or wielding a shield. They are well trained in battle, especially in terms of working as a squad. There are also elite officers among them that are better skilled and deadly. What's worse, they are often supported by Troy Archers, who will stop Achilles advances from afar. Of course, all three enemy types can plan actions together to become quite a pain in the heel for our hero.
Knights of the Chalice 2 - Bug Fixes, Adds Icons,& Expands Editor Guidebook
Hello everyone! Version 1.20 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos is now available for download here for both Windows and macOS. This is a relatively small update as I've had to spend some time on the implementation of Steam and GOG code, as well as other things that diverted my attention.
How Deus Ex Inspired a Murder Mystery - PCGamer
Have you ever fallen down a 'wiki-hole'? Or played Six Degrees of Wikipedia, finding the shortest hyperlink path from, say, Denzel Washington to the page for Boring, Oregon? The truth is, we'd gamified online encyclopaedias long before writer Joannes Truyens got to them.
OpenMW - Post-release catchup party!
While there have been several huge announcements we've wanted to share with you lately, we decided to wait with these news until after the release of OpenMW 0.47.0 to avoid stealing too much of the hype. Sorry for that, but we hope you understand. Now, without further ado, let's dig in!

Monster Hunter: Rise - PC Content Overview and Tips
Welcome to Hunter’s Hub, our new, regular community update where we at Capcom can touch base with you on current community topics right here on Steam. We’ll be chatting about Monster Hunter Rise and the upcoming expansion Sunbreak, and share updates directly from the Monster Hunter team!

As this is our first entry, we’re going to be using it as an introduction, but if there’s anything you’d like to see the team talk about in future posts, let us know in the comments!

Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PC on January 12th, 2022 and we can’t wait for you to experience a whole new journey here on Steam as you seek to save Kamura from the dreaded Rampage.

We’re also very excited about the expansion, Sunbreak, coming Summer 2022 and will look to share updates straight from Director Suzuki and the team with you in our future posts!
Ruined King: A League of Legends Story Small Review Roundup

1. WCCFTech - 9/10
  2. Twinfinite - 4/5
  3. NME - 4/5
  4. But Why Tho? - 9.5/10
  5. Nintendo Life - 9/10

Anachronox Retrospective - Vice
In 1996, John Romero, the co-founder of id Software and designer of hyperfast death metal shooters Doom and Quake, leveraged his success to start a company. At Ion Storm, he and Tom Hall, a friend and fellow id alum, could make whatever games they wanted, with complete creative freedom, and the resources to match their ambition. Romero, already a games celebrity from his time at id, played the swaggering frontman to the hilt and to a fault. Ion Storm's most infamous advertisement was a one-pager that read: "John Romero's about to make you his bitch. Suck it down." The result was the notorious, humbling disaster of Daikatana. Romero has mellowed out in the years since, and this has a lot to do with why. Ion Storm is the story of Romero's unmaking.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Release Postponed - Twitter
An important announcement regarding the release date of Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
Monomyth Update - Current Progress and Level Design
Hi, dungeon-crawling fans! It's been a few weeks so it is time for another update! A lot of things have happened and the project is on a good way! So without any further ado, let's get started.

Back
Top Bottom