VtM: Bloodlines 2 - E3 Gameplay Trailer

I don't think it's a "vertical slice" this late in development though. It's something you can do in the first months to show for investors etc, that stage should have passed a long time ago now, this should be gameplay (it probably says somwhere).

@JDR13;, no i said it looked quite good apart from some shortcomings. "Other than that i like the overall atmosphere, the levels looks quite nice." If you need to lie to make arguments then don't argue at all.

I don't think it's a "vertical slice" this late in development though. It's something you can do in the first months to show for investors etc, that stage should have passed a long time ago now, this should be gameplay (it probably says somwhere).

What I'm suggesting is your insistence that, in general, a game shown at pre-alpha stage would be an unpolished mess, is not necessarily correct. I actually wouldn't be terribly surprised if studios did sometimes reach back to an older build, to have something complete to show at E3, because the current state of the final levels is half-built and buggy.

@JDR13;, no i said it looked quite good apart from some shortcomings. "Other than that i like the overall atmosphere, the levels looks quite nice." If you need to lie to make arguments then don't argue at all.

Cool, but here's the post I'm referring to.

Looks rough, faces and animations, lip-sync - quite bad (the first game did those quite well, for its time). Not that i usually care too much, but in games which focuses a lot on characters and interaction with them i'd say it's a bit more important.

Like the previous game the world looks really dead, there are no cars driving even though it takes place in a big city. Even all super hero games which takes place in a city have cars driving around so that it looks like a proper city. In a RPG which tries to be immersive its even more important that you get these details right i think.

Probably decent if you enjoyed the previous game (which i thought was overrated). At least it shouldn't have those super tiny areas with loading times every 2-3 minutes, that kind of killed it for me.

If you need to bullshit about everything, maybe you shouldn't post at all. ;)

Cool, but here's the post I'm referring to.

If you need to bullshit about everything, maybe you shouldn't post at all. ;)

What's bullshit? That unlike you i really don't see things that black and white? There are parts that looks good (i liked the portions of the levels that i saw, i liked the overall atmosphere of them). I did not like how there's no traffic, it's immersion breaking in a game that is supposed to take place in a city, it's been like 14-15 years since the last game, it's doable… I did not particularly like characters (not terrible, but since there's a lot of interactions i hope they will improve a lot). I did not like level loading. I dont need to BS anything, its just my impressions.

If you truly believe the game is in "pre-alpha", then why do you even care what i think? The final game will end up nothing like in this "slice" if that's really true. It will look like a whole new game, new graphics and everything, so look forward to that instead of listening to me.

It will end up nothing like in this "slice" if that's really true, it will look like a whole new game, so look forward to that instead of listening to me.

No, the point is that it could be quite close to the look of the final game, but subject to enough change that they wouldn't want to be advertising it as the finished product.

Then you don't label it pre-alpha because that's nowhere near a finished state, of anything. That's Alpha or more likely BETA. If you have no interest in telling the public where you are in the development cycle you just tell them "Not final".

I like! Lets hope exploration is possible and well done and this will be a definite winner.

Ahhh. I don't care what anyone says. I remember the broken horror shows that were the best RPGs I've ever experiences. Bloodlines 1 was a f'ing mess, using an unfinished HL2 engine, Fallout 1 AND 2 were a mess, so was Arcanum (all 3 Troika games, really) as was Planescape:Torment. The Dark Sun games had weird, weird bugs... But, yeah, no, I couldn't care less if this pre-alpha WAS the final product. I just want back in that world. This, Baldur's Gate 3, Wasteland 3, Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Pheonix Point and so many interesting indie RPGs... its just too much. God damn GRRM's Elden Ring too...

Anyone thinks that dialogue lacks a certain "flair"? ( I agree with our flora master that VTMB is overrated) but original had definitely sort of poetic tone with funny/silly metaphores that actually worked well with kind of over the top,exaggerated facial animations. ( and pretty good voice acting, which does a lot to make otherwise silly scenes seem believable)

Compare introduction here with ( probably the most popular) character in previous:

"Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm… you smell new, little girl, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?"

That is a good example, also most of the encounters with Smiling Jack are good.

Back
Top Bottom