Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake

Funny, I consider it the worst in all three aspects (well, certainly the first two). I don't think I've ever hated jumping as much as in Andromeda. Loot and character progression were utterly boring, I stopped caring about them very quickly.

Well, you're not alone at least. It seems most people disliked or outright despised the game - so there's that.

I stand firm in my opinion though. It wasn't that long ago that I finished my 80+ hour playthrough which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Before that, I would have said the first Mass Effect was the best one, but not so afterwards.

Then again, I'm the guy who doesn't really like Mass Effect 2 much - and I more or less despise Mass Effect 3.

There's no accounting for taste.

Eh? There's a lot not to like about Andromeda, but I don't get how someone could think the combat was worse than the previous games.

If I'm not mistaken, the combat of Andromeda was more or less the entire foundation of Anthem.

Say what you will about Anthem, but even the most vehement naysayers acknowledge that the core combat gameplay is fantastic :)

Anthem had every problem, but the combat and physics were superb. The Frostbite engine is actually a quite fantastic building block, if the game itself was fun to play at all.

On one hand I'm excited but on the other hand I'm not buying them again

Expecting a quick cash-grab, with naff all real significant changes of note to make it worth buying again.

That is pretty much where I am at - especially since it is being timed to allow release on 'next-next-gen' consoles.

And also the Switch.

So I expect some basic gameplay tweaks to streamline things across the trilogy, but otherwise graphics updates to enable them to resell it.

Creativity was squeezed and milked out to the point Bioware is not able to make good game anymore. Now is time to milk out history of the company. After they are finished with that, it will be end. All that will remain from once great great team of developers will be bunch of people unable even to remaster games from their own history properly. Corporate growth in action.

wHABxFN.png

Creativity was squeezed and milked out to the point Bioware is not able to make good game anymore. Now is time to milk out history of the company. After they are finished with that, it will be end. All that will remain from once great great team of developers will be bunch of people unable even to remaster games from their own history properly. Corporate growth in action.

The fate of every developer in the end who gets bought by the EA Overlord. Just look at all the studio closures by EA. Anyway from what I remember a new Dragon Age is in devoplment.

The fate of every developer in the end who gets bought by the EA Overlord. Just look at all the studio closures by EA. Anyway from what I remember a new Dragon Age is in devoplment.

Yeah, but its not just EA, all corporates work this way. My own fate is sealed by corporate acquisition, so I know well what Im talking about. Doesnt matter its completely different industry.

Yeah, but its not just EA, all corporates work this way. My own fate is sealed by corporate acquisition, so I know well what Im talking about. Doesnt matter its completely different industry.
Yep it's the same cycle I see every year at various jobs. Larger company buys smaller, outsources, and moves jobs. Happens everytime. Employee's get told lies and get laid off.

Never played any of the Mass Effects, but I like some of the music. I'm not much into sci-fi, though I enjoyed Prey quite a bit.

Never played any of the Mass Effects, but I like some of the music. I'm not much into sci-fi, though I enjoyed Prey quite a bit.

Yeah, different genre but, Prey is really good and vastly superior to any of the ME games, imo.

Prey's music is superior too.

The company that gives me most of my hours was just acquired by a large Australian media company. They're saying that nothing will change except for the better, but I haven't been naive for a long time about such things.

On a side note a lot of mods already upgrade the game, but since the games aren't mod friendly install errors happen. Anyway just a more you know post so goodday and carry on .

I just hope it includes the DLCs of all three games, as those are still full price to this day. I have several friends that I've tried to convince to play it, but that's not happening regardless of how cheap the base game is if the DLCs are still full price, as some of them are more or less mandatory (such as Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival, Leviathan and Citadel).

Back
Top Bottom