Dawngate

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It finally happened, another big player, EA in this case, steps into MOBA genre.

https://www.waystonegames.com/betaSignup/intro

For a couple of years I'm fan of League of Legends but somehow I got tired of getting a new champion every few weeks which in the end affects the overall game balance.
Thus I'll be joining this one too just to see if something new is in this EA game.
Of course, if EA's model is not what LoL has, and that's you can unlock everything by playing the game (except skins), I'll move my arse away from it the very first day.

It finally happened, another big player, EA in this case, steps into MOBA genre.

https://www.waystonegames.com/betaSignup/intro

For a couple of years I'm fan of League of Legends but somehow I got tired of getting a new champion every few weeks which in the end affects the overall game balance.
Thus I'll be joining this one too just to see if something new is in this EA game.
Of course, if EA's model is not what LoL has, and that's you can unlock everything by playing the game (except skins), I'll move my arse away from it the very first day.

I read about this yesterday. There is a flood of MOBA games on or coming to the market lately. Everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie now.

Last edited:
Er… MOBA?

yes I had to google that too :) It's like the latest craze, multiplayer online battle arenas (basically multiplayer RTS where you control one unit)

I read about this yesterday. There is a flood of MOBA games on or coming to the market lately. Everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie now.

A piece of the pie for sure!

Riot (LoL developer) made millions on the game that is, definetly, free-2-play.
There are no things in the game you must buy for the real money or to unlock with the real cash. The only thing you need the cash for is your hero's different looks. If you want em. And they bring you no new stats and skills, just looks. Of course, you can buy things that you'll get just by playing the game eventually (rune pages for example), but there is really no need for that.

There are no bloody gambling boxes like in STO, there are no pay2win items like in Settlers online.

And yet, they're making millions. No wonder EA wants to join the train, let's just see if they'll go with the current f2p model in MOBA games or you'll have to pay to win.

JDR, try any of existing ones.

I don't think any of upcoming MOBAs can seriously endanger LoL or DoTA 2 especially one from EA.LoL has very fair free2play model that doesn't affect balance of matches themself in any way.I don't think EA have it in them to make such system they are too greedy.

BTW Joxer what did you play in LoL?I was dedicated support player but I am no longer active player for months now.

Actually I'm exhausting blind normals and playing all roles. Still playing, I do take a break for a while then return to the game. ;)
Not playing rankeds, even after months of experience I still don't feel I've mastered the game enough to go there.

But IMO support is the hardest role. Especially in this season where the meta game went to healthstacking and poking supports are more desirable than classic heal/shield type ones.

My highest elo in raked was around 1450 in solo but I mostly played in team(I quited before new league system was implemented).My team highest elo was around 1900 we stoped playing because our AP carry had a child and we didn't want to replace him.My advice if you go ranked don't play with random people.BTW my favorite support is Leona because she is best at setting up gank but requires good jungler since she is worthless in passive farming lane.

ELO is removed from the game.
It in the end was showing nothing. There is now another "quality" measurement.

Leona is a monster if paired with Miss Fortune or Ezreal. Not desirable as support for slow rangeds like Varus however. Cuunterable by Taric (stun your ranged), Lulu ("strangulate" your ranged) or Nidalee (you risk to die if gapclose in front of your minions).

Back
Top Bottom