The Battle for Azeroth Begins

I wanted to make a Void Elf - but I guess I have to slave through some stuff to get an achievement first.

I really, really, REALLY want them to scale all areas from 1-100 at least. It's super annoying that I have to stick to the new areas with my rogue, as I would like to save that experience for my 1-120 journey on a new character.

Also, I would adore being able to pick any of the ridiculous amounts of zones to adventure in - if I felt like it. That would make much, much more sense to me for a modern MMO.

That said, the game is certainly beautiful in the later areas. A gargantuan difference in detail and subtle fidelity.

Also, I manually counted the amount of 5-man dungeons and the total amount was 106 :)

This could take a while if I can get my coop guys to join. That said, I've done all the dungeons pre-Draenor.

I wonder if the dungeons scale?

Hmmm. Maybe it's time to try WOW again? OTOH, I'm having a blast in LOTRO, going through Mordor with my second character. This one (hunter) seems a bit more powerful than the one before (Warden). Or maybe I'm getting better (I'm usually not very good at games). Anyhow, I don't think I'm ready to take a break from LOTRO yet.

And I haven't gone very far in ESO.

pibbur who probably will wait.

PS: For the record: I'm in general not in favour of scaled areas. For several reasons I prefer that some areas are out of range until later. Then again, maybe I won't miss it in ESO. DS.

Well, scaled areas are just the thing to trigger "get off my lawn!" statements from the elderly ;)

Dont know about alliance, but all my horde guildies were saying welcome to wakanda when started playing this expack haha.
Im 75 atm, gonna take a while to reach 110 haha but at least i made some gold and could afford that supermegaexpensive fast flying skill :biggrin:. I dont care about RP but being on a RP server has its advantages; some low level crap armors can sell in thousands or tens of thousand of gold.

I'm kind of jealous that I can't get into WoW, and be part of the phenomenon. But everytime I try to convince myself to try it again (btw I have all expansions except BfA) I try it for one month, and then just quit. It simply does not have anything compelling for me. I'd love to play it for the exploration and story, but it's just not good at that. Story is mostly very meh. And exploring environments is nice, but I just tire of that after a while.

I'm kind of jealous that I can't get into WoW, and be part of the phenomenon. But everytime I try to convince myself to try it again (btw I have all expansions except BfA) I try it for one month, and then just quit. It simply does not have anything compelling for me. I'd love to play it for the exploration and story, but it's just not good at that. Story is mostly very meh. And exploring environments is nice, but I just tire of that after a while.
I dont play much either, usually 2-3 months a year maybe depending how fast i get bored, then im selling the account :)). But i think this time wont sell it; i like that they went into the cinematic approach, with many interactive things.

I usually last less than a week, personally :)

But one thing that does help me is the horizon of meaning. As in, if I can create the illusion that there's a point in grinding to max level - than that helps.

This new world PvP concept is a step in the right direction, though I'm still a little fuzzy on the particulars.

But if you can actually earn worthwhile and competitive rewards doing world PvP - then that's much, much more fun to me than the endless raiding/arena cycle.

Especially because I adore the Rogue class - and he was born to do world PvP.

But if they've messed it up - and it's just killing or ganking for the sake of it - then I'll lose interest very quickly.

Now we just need joxer to mention respawning and some kind of female power fantasy notion to complete the redundancy! :)

I reached 120 on tuesday, finished the story of the 3 zones from horde. The original feeling i had didnt changed, i think its a weak expack so far, Legion seems a masterpeice, even pandaria and draenor i liked more. On the horde side, the story is uninteresting, only 2out 3 areas i liked as design.

Yeah, I'm reaching the burnout stage even before the BfA content. I despise the way I have to use the ultra pointless "Follower Missions" to unlock story missions - and the grind for race unlocks is just ridiculous, considering I paid for the expansion that have them.

Had I known I would have to spend weeks grinding to unlock the Void Elf - I would never have bothered.

It's apparently made for people who play WoW exclusively and no other game in life.

I also played Legion again but this time as a DK. It was fun and I have just moved to BfA and got to level 112 now.

I am not burnt out yet but I have feeling I will stop once I got 120 and did few dungeons to gear up as something about the whole thing is bothering me! I think the issue for me is that, its too much on the rails and I am not liking that at all now days. Give me the freedom to do whatever the fuck I want and don't hold my hand. I am big boy now after 14 years of playing MMOs! This quest hub to quest hub design needs to die and they will need to open up and have multiple paths to level and get gear etc.

I used to criticise the ESO as single player game but WoW is more a single player game than ESO at this point!

I've never played a single second of WoW. Can you solo in it like in ESO? If it's like Diablo/Path of Exile/Grim Dawn/Sacred, etc, I enjoy those games quite a bit.

I've never played a single second of WoW. Can you solo in it like in ESO? If it's like Diablo/Path of Exile/Grim Dawn/Sacred, etc, I enjoy those games quite a bit.

Take Diablo and add a bunch of people running around that you can interact with or not as you please - and then stretch the experience from a few days to a few months (or years if you really want to invest in almost no content after experiencing most of it) - and you'll have the essence of Diablo in the shape of WoW.

Obviously there's more to it than that, and there are things that Diablo most certainly can't provide (content diversity - for one) - but at heart it's really the same concept of building a character from nothing to superhero - both in terms of powers and loot. The difference is how long it takes - and how many hoops you jump through to fully realise the power fantasy.

WoW has trial mode where you can play up to level 20 or 25. Its good start to see if you at least like the arty style. You can play all classes and all races etc.

Trial is til you reach lev 20. I forgot to say in the other post, the artefact and followers stuff feel like totally useless in this expack. Although i dont mind the traits from the artefacts, they have some passives that make you walk in god mode, at least my ret pala lol.

Btw, im using this to look better http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6496/ , though ive modified it myself a bit

Is it really so bad that Blizzard favours the Horde and that the majority of players plays it ?

It probably would be a bad thing if it was actually true. I've never seen the slightest evidence of that, though.

So in about 3 weeks, from 0 cents just made enough money to buy a token lol; the bfa herbs and ores sell like crazy and the respawn rate is insane. On my server just sold 124 anchor weed for 70k.

Back
Top Bottom