Shroud of the Avatar - Update #19, New Stretch Goals and Bonus Rewards

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
You can't have enough Kickstarter bonuses and stretch goals, so here are a few more for Shroud of the Avatar.
$1.5M: Content is King + Iolo + Spoony interviews Richard

• Denis Loubet Cover art! (Denis made every Ultima cover except Ultima 2)
  • New David “Iolo” Watson musical composition! (Iolo created “Stones” for Ultima!)
  • Noah “Spoony” Antwiler interviews (roasts?) Richard “Lord British” Garriott
  • 20 additional unique scenes including arctic scene sets
  • Starting continent doubles in size
$1.6M: Shipping Lanes Open for business + New Island Content Set + Soundtrack

• New “Mysterious Island” content, city, and scenes
  • Ports with boats that run on schedules to transport players to areas beyond the mainland; Safety not guaranteed! (In short, be prepared to defend your vessel!)
  • Trans-Atlantic shipping lanes open the way for localization to other languages (languages for consideration based on player support: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, etc.)
$1.7M: Dynamic and Contested Resource Nodes + Optional Minimap System

• Meteorites, volcanic eruptions, outbreaks of rare plants and animals can appear and vanish suddenly (online and offline) for those who are paying attention. Some PVP focused resources appear in tile
  • Optional minimap system for the directionally impaired!
  • The Lost Vale - A new mini-adventure centered around a lost valley previously hidden to players, now visible only during special astronomical alignments.
$1.8M: Tracy Hickman Novel + Catacombs + Apprentice System + Cloaks!
$1.9M: The World is a Stage!
$2M: Players Take over the World!!!
$2.25M: Mod tools + Unique Art Creation skill + Expanded Player Customization $2.5M: Full VR Treatment!
If you like to see more details or would like to know about the additional bonuses, check their update page.
More information.

They have five days left. Why bother adding them now?

pity that mod tools are so low (high) on the list. With that in the hands of the talented, you could easily (eventually) get the content listed as stretch goals

It is a shame that they did not show these stretch goals earlier instead of the pets and music instruments earlier stretch goals. I would be happy if they reach 1.5M, 1.6M and 1.7M goals.

Those stretch goals sound amazing, I hope they pull them all off.

5 days - and still I have not seen anything that feels like an Ultima to me... :(

Hopefully they reach some of the goals...kickstarters generally make most of their money at the start and the end.

Talking to LB in chat right now heh.

I'm not sure how Spoony got on here, but I'd love to see that interview.

Ports with boats that run on schedules to transport players to areas beyond the mainland; Safety not guaranteed! (In short, be prepared to defend your vessel!)

A feature similar as in RoA BoD which I liked and made the world more alive.

Hopefully they reach some of the goals…kickstarters generally make most of their money at the start and the end.

Talking to LB in chat right now heh.

Yeah well it better make another 1.5 - 2 million just to reach the goals. Don't see that happening but who knows. That mod or game editor is the best option on there.

The editor alone would make the game worth it. I'm still using NWN and NWN 2 to make and play mods.

I just cancelled my $25 pledge, if anybody want to pick it up.

Well think you guys are going to miss out…but whatever.

Miss out on what? If it ends up being a good single player game in the vein of the earlier ultimas they can just buy it when it comes out. Far too many UO-like features for my tastes so I am waiting to see how it all pans out. Farming/mining and taming animals holds no interest to me.

I hate the way these huge lists of stretch goals have become the crowdfunding standard. Video games aren't a list of features. What makes or breaks a game is how those features are woven together. To pull it off you need a cohesive vision. The only vision I see here is something rather different.

Wish they would post what the goal was to make an Ultima game. There is the real question.

Wish they would post what the goal was to make an Ultima game. There is the real question.

they have said that....I think numerous times. Guess you missed it.

Rune_74: did they mention anything about an 'all digital' tier for the 5 episodes?

That has been bandied about a lot....I think it is coming...I'm debating on getting the one with the map...

I encourage some of you to hit the chat they have on their site they come on and answer a lot of questions you ask...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=5

That has been bandied about a lot….I think it is coming…I'm debating on getting the one with the map…

I encourage some of you to hit the chat they have on their site they come on and answer a lot of questions you ask…

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=5

Thanks, contemplating the same teir as well, but I don't want to pay the additional shipping/taxes as I live outside the US. Hope to see an update from them about this soon.

Back
Top Bottom