Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Without being too spoiler-ish, how long do I have to get to the Rushlight Tournament? I'd like to visit a certain tribe in Glenebon before doing it, but I don't want to miss it.

Without being too spoiler-ish, how long do I have to get to the Rushlight Tournament? I'd like to visit a certain tribe in Glenebon before doing it, but I don't want to miss it.

I'm not sure, since I've learn to address main quest ASAP :p I know there is hidden timer and since Linzi said "let's go there ASAP", I wouldn't risk it, Fluent :p

I'm not sure, since I've learn to address main quest ASAP :p I know there is hidden timer and since Linzi said "let's go there ASAP", I wouldn't risk it, Fluent :p

Very true. First time through the game I didn't realize it was all timed so when they said ASAP I didn't heed it and the whole kingdom crumbled, lol. To the tournament I go. :)

Loving the game so far, questions:

1. What do Cold Iron weapons do? Can't find a description in the game
2. What is the difference between masterwork weapons and regular? Can't see any difference in the stats.
3. How important is kingdom management? I just want to adventure on not deal with this management bs. Does it get better? I wonder why they decided on this split vision of a game, it's like two different games in one. (I'm in the beginning of act 2)

2. What is the difference between masterwork weapons and regular? Can't see any difference in the stats.
3. How important is kingdom management? I just want to adventure on not deal with this management bs. Does it get better? I wonder why they decided on this split vision of a game, it's like two different games in one. (I'm in the beginning of act 2)
1. Certain monsters & bosses need cold iron weapons to kill like dragons.
2. More damage per hit & look different from what I can tell.
3. You can set kingdom management to auto but the downside is you miss content.

Just a small correction from what Couch said: Masterwork weapons give +1 attack bonus, as if it was enchanted with +1, but without the damage bonus of an enchanted weapon.

Also, you only need a cold iron weapon to do the actual killing blow, so just keep one in some weapon set that your character isn't using. What'll happen is: The creature in question will take regular damage, and go down as if killed, but will remain on the ground without actually dying until you hit it with a cold iron weapon. Similar to trolls and acid/fire or branded trolls and acid. I think the only monsters I came across that required one were Crag Linnorms, so it's pretty rare.

The only one I had to use cold iron weapon was Crag Linnorm.. did you guys encounter any other mobs that require cold iron weapons?

With regards to cold iron - Fey have Damage reduction (DR) of X/cold iron, meaning that unless you hit them with a cold iron weapon, they ignore the first X of weapon damage. I fought a fey creature that had DR 15/cold iron…with no cold iron weapons. Not nice. The linnorm has regeneration, and you need a cold iron weapon to 'turn off' their regeneration. Otherwise they never die. Trolls need fire/acid to deactivate their regen (for one round - but if they have 0 Hp that wil kill them, usully).

Oops - so most of what I said in Maylander's post...I should read first ;-)

I have a question about timing/events...I seemed to have no real (non kingdom) quests left and can't really do anything but pass time. This is very frustrating. Waiting for last Curse attack, no 7 I think? Has something broken, I have skipped quite a bit of time, but this causes a lot of chaos with kingdome events and I hate the kingdom management aspect. Is this just an empty period? If so, they are basically forcing you to run the kingdom simulator for 200+ days...I really loathe this paryt of the game, I have been forced to spend hours in it already. I made some bad decisions early on (before I knew what was happening), and it has proved almost impossible to reverse them. I think they should have opted from scripted events that occur when certain goals are met, or at least reduce the DCs of teh events - I am getting quite a few 30-35 DC when I haven't been able to level up my advisors enough so they often fail, then we have riots etc. I have spent 3000BP (!) quelling unrest...240,000gp worth of loot. I'm always 'troubled', then 'worried'...then someone has a 'disaster' and suddenly the riots start. Leveling up ties up 14 days of your time, and you can't level up people in parallel - which is silly. I really hate they way they chose to do this - I lov ethe base gaem but this aspect is making my very irritated.

IIRC, curse part 7 triggers in the last chapter (or the second last depending on your choice).

Have you:

Been to Pitax and dealt with King Ivoretti? If so, you are indeed in chapter 6. I found quests very scarce in chapter 6. I encourage you to explore the last region (I think its called Thousand Voices) as you will find some quests by exploring rather than events triggering on its own).

IIRC, curse part 7 triggers in the last chapter (or the second last depending on your choice).

Have you:

Been to Pitax and dealt with King Ivoretti? If so, you are indeed in chapter 6. I found quests very scarce in chapter 6. I encourage you to explore the last region (I think its called Thousand Voices) as you will find some quests by exploring rather than events triggering on its own).

Yes, I have done all that - I have some questions if you don't mind?

* I have a quest around Linxia, wairting for her to reappear?will she? I drove her off last time, but that was ages ago. I don't see any further quests/cards for her.
* I saw a map point West of Pitax, "castle of knives", but too scared to go there in case I break some quest?some others claim that it breaks if you go there before a quest is given. But not sure what quest?
* Where is the Thousand Voices?

Thanks for all your help! I really love the adventuring part of the game and want to explore what I can before the finale.

Yes, I have done all that - I have some questions if you don't mind?

* I have a quest around Linxia, wairting for her to reappear?will she? I drove her off last time, but that was ages ago. I don't see any further quests/cards for her.
* I saw a map point West of Pitax, "castle of knives", but too scared to go there in case I break some quest?some others claim that it breaks if you go there before a quest is given. But not sure what quest?
* Where is the Thousand Voices?

Thanks for all your help! I really love the adventuring part of the game and want to explore what I can before the finale.

Linxia/hell knight quest line is quite bugged, I was unable to finish it myself in my second playthrough. Its meant to be concluded in chapter 4, so you won't be able to complete it. You should have encountered someone named Darven in your capital, who asks your help to drive Linxia and hell knight away. Then a kingdom quest should trigger to reveal a location called Brineheart - this part bugged on me.

Go visit castle of knives asap - there are some really interesting quests thats tied to the main story line. Thousand Voices is the region where you locate the castle of knives, so you are on right track :p It didn't break my game, but just in case, make a save before you do so.

Pitax vendors have so much good stuff! I want to buy it all but I'm broke from buying BP at the capital. :( Neat stuff though. I can't wait until Dec. 6 lol. I have to put the game down but I just can't!! It's too good! :wideeyed:

Can someone please explain the 'dodge' feat, and why I need it as a dual-wielding rogue? I have 20 dex, so how exactly does it benefit me?

Oh, and… um… I like armor so I've multiclassed into fighter for armor/weapons proficiency. Don't judge my heavy-armor-wearing backstabbing rogue! = not a stealth build.

Can someone please explain the 'dodge' feat, and why I need it as a dual-wielding rogue? I have 20 dex, so how exactly does it benefit me?

Oh, and? um? I like armor so I've multiclassed into fighter for armor/weapons proficiency. Don't judge my heavy-armor-wearing backstabbing rogue! = not a stealth build.

You will still get sneak attack damage in heavy armor. As for Dodge, I believe it just adds an extra +1 to your AC, nothing more and nothing less. Makes you a little less squishy. Sounds like a fun build though. In my first run I multiclassed Harrim into Fighter for the weapons proficiencies too. Multiclassing is great in the game.

It's worth referring to the Pathfinder SRD online, which contains detailed descriptions of all feats etc. So far, when I have cross checked, most of what they have implemented has been correct according to the SRD, and some feats/abilities that I was unsure about were clarified by reading the SRD.

Link: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Linxia/hell knight quest line is quite bugged, I was unable to finish it myself in my second playthrough. Its meant to be concluded in chapter 4, so you won't be able to complete it. You should have encountered someone named Darven in your capital, who asks your help to drive Linxia and hell knight away. Then a kingdom quest should trigger to reveal a location called Brineheart - this part bugged on me.

Go visit castle of knives asap - there are some really interesting quests thats tied to the main story line. Thousand Voices is the region where you locate the castle of knives, so you are on right track :p It didn't break my game, but just in case, make a save before you do so.
Yep. Remained unresolved for me as well.

Probably been asked before but? to all of you who have been playing a while: what were your favorite classes/multiclasses to play as PC?

I'm enjoying my Dragon Archaeologist class so far. 5 Archaeologist/4 Rogue/5 Dragon Disciple (level 14 total so far). With Archaeologist's Luck enabled I get +2 to attack/damage/skill checks/etc., do plenty of sneak attack damage and get good boons from Dragon Disciple, like extra strength, an extra bite attack and some other goodies (resistances, etc.). Been pretty fun and the character is solid, if not a mind-blowing build.

I like Jaethal's build I did with her, focusing on Elven Curve Blades and Amiri focused on Glaives. Amiri can stand behind my Stalwart Defender (Valerie) and not even get hit because she has a 6 ft. reach with her glaive. I'm also enjoying Harrim as an Inquisitor of Groetus/Sacred Huntsmaster, as he gets Marty the Mastadon as a pet companion :p. And Ekun I trained as a Divine Hunter Paladin and he does great things as a ranger/paladin with his dog companion, Okbo. Lots of fun ways to multiclass and make interesting characters. :)

Probably been asked before but? to all of you who have been playing a while: what were your favorite classes/multiclasses to play as PC?

Well, everyone's got different taste. I tend to like simple classes, and really enjoyed Crusader (cleric archtype) and Eldritch Knight.

Trying out empyreal sorceress now - love the fact Pathfinder provide such interesting archetypes. Empyreal sorcerer utilises wisdom rather than charisma as main stat. Really provides you different options to build variety of characters!

Back
Top Bottom