Dragon Commander & Original Sin - Music Review Meeting

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios uploaded another internal review meeting video. This time the review is about the music in both Dragon Commander and Original Sin and thus also has the unfinished music and ideas of Kirill Pokrovsky, who composed all the music in the Divinity games.

More information.

sound can pomp up a game to +30% for me.
but if it doesn't have any, I'm not bothered.

I really hate it though, how games and movies in general don't pay enough attention to this. Besides Diablo 1, I haven't felt anything for original game music.

So my opinion is that the way to go is to grab music , like NFS , FIFA and VtM BL did.

I really don't trust origianl "composed" "Epic" music

The composer looks... slightly tortured :D

Larian is such an odd beast.

They're like a travelling circus that take themselves pretty seriously, but at the same time they have some self-awareness so it's ok. I think I love them. Kinda.

Any studio that doesn't have a crazy old Russian in charge of the music just dropped by 20 kewl points in my eyes.

I am probably one of the few people that didn't like the music in Divine Divinity so I am not too thrilled about the same composer being on board.

So my opinion is that the way to go is to grab music , like NFS , FIFA and VtM BL did.
I normally dislike it when songs are used as soundtracks. I'll take a dedicated composer any time.

Btw, in VtM:B, "songs" are only used in specific places like clubs where it makes sense. A dedicated score is composed for the rest.

Awww.. would have loved to hear some more actual music. And I want to play Divinity again but I can't, because the music is still broken. Larian: please fix. :please:

First thing I do in my games (and specially RPGs) is turn off the music. Helps immerse me in the game world

First thing I do in my games (and specially RPGs) is turn off the music. Helps immerse me in the game world

Hmm, I think music is great to set a mood, usually. Although there are certainly games that have successfully relied on ambient noise too.

Music has always been one of the strong points, that separates Larian from other similar devs for me. And that's all thanks to the unique and singular vision of using the same composer for their whole series. Personally i'm really glad Kirill is on board for Dragon Commander and Original Sin. As far as videogame music goes pretty much nothing can touch the Divinity series for me (especially as far as consistency is concerned).

Back
Top Bottom