Two Worlds - v1.6 Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The long awaited v1.6 patch for Two Worlds is available at Worthplaying. Weighing in at only 25Mb, here are the final notes:
v1.6 patch details (PC/Xbox 360):
Horse steering has been improved
Character development curve not as steep over level 25
HP regeneration slower for max values above 2000
Death strike skill - executable by strike button while in sneak mode
Critical hit skill fixed
Damage is now allowed over 32000
There is a cap on damage and armor at 99999
Necromancer spells have been balanced
Magical boosters - effect restricted to 5 boosters
Stacking potions with different statistics - fixed
Objects stacking - objects can't be stacked up if result has higher level requirements than current player level
Equipment Class cap on 50
When killing in towns - after you leave the town and go back guards will ask you to pay instead of immediately attacking you
NPC's in towns don't resurrect
Tweaked hi- level monster balance
Wing Membrane ingredient added to Helllord
Dragons strike not breakable by player hit
Bomb traps attached to some chests and wardrobes
Balanced number of lock picks in chests and wardrobes
Walking under water and not dying has been fixed
Inaccessible Cave north of Ashos has been fixed
Multiplayer Lag issues have been improved
Multiplayer too many skill points generated due to combat stats has been fixed
Friendly fire disabled in RPG mode (players cannot damage each other)
Resurrect spell on players has been disabled
Experience points for killing players has been removed
Disarming skill disabled against other players
Freezing/stopping spells disabled against other players
Multiplayer RPG quests given to all, reward splitter between players
Team assault - main monuments 50 times stronger
Barbarian - berserk skill in PvP reduced to 5
Chest and wardrobe lock levels improved in multiplayer
PC specific:
Issue of moving money between servers has been fixed
Maps D2,E4,F4, Multiplayer Tharbakin - missing triangles or flying objects have been fixed
Enter opens console in single player
Horse steering - stopping horse by back key changed
Cloning character when logging on new WarNet server is fixed
Boosters disappearing in Arena modes
Atmosoheric fog for multiplayer towns added
Chat over open dialogs possible (by F11 chat dialog)
All PVP arenas unlocked from beginning
Xbox 360 specific:
Improved single player framerate
Interface - repeat changes selection left stick hold added
Game HDD cache cleaning possibility - RB + A + B during game launch
Achievements for 5 elements is fixed
Map interface improvements - only one open quest at the time, quests selection box better visibility, hero location on map better visibility, quest name on tooltip
Hit info fonts larger
“BACK – Show Instruction” text disappears
Double saving multiplayer characters to protect character lost from power-off or hard-locks
Interface - no controls after "server refused connection" is fixed
Doubling gold in multiplayer is fixed
Doubling objects in multiplayer is fixed
More information.

I've just tried the Two Worlds demo for Xbox 360 that is available now and I can see where all those bad reviews come from. It looks and feels like a bad port. There is no anti-aliasing, so everything looks blocky (especially on large screens), the UI isn't really streamlined for consoles neither. It almost feels like another game. Bizarre. I don't think a patch can resolve this.

The link isn't working.

I've just tried the Two Worlds demo for Xbox 360 that is available now and I can see where all those bad reviews come from. It looks and feels like a bad port. There is no anti-aliasing, so everything looks blocky (especially on large screens), the UI isn't really streamlined for consoles neither. It almost feels like another game. Bizarre. I don't think a patch can resolve this.

Now you know how PC players felt with Oblivion.

Now you know how PC players felt with Oblivion.

You know, I do have Oblivion for the PC (and enjoyed the hell out of it, too-- go figure). It is possible to like more than one platform/genre/input device. But I don't get your point. The phenomenon is not exclusive for console to PC ports, never has been (StarCraft 64, anyone?).

Well atleast the pc game was fixable with mods.

I installed mods, but none that fixed level-scaling, actually. I wanted to try that out to see how it was, but it required me to start a new game, so I didn't really bother. It's not that important to me, because I enjoy the game as it is, too.

P.S. Again with the Oblivion!! ;)

You know, I do But I don't get your point. P.S. QUOTE]

The only point i was trying to make is that this was the same complaint PC users had with Oblivion. The interface was not platform specific. I just wish developers would design the interface for each platform they are using. Instead of trying to use the same one for all platforms. It doesn't work.

By the way, has anyone installed and played the game with the new patch? I always hesitate patching a game until some brave sole has run through it first. ;)

I installed it and no problems. I did see a great deal of improvement in the horseback riding. Just a reminder to anyone who missed it, you need to install this patch over the 1.5 or grab the 1.5-1.6 patch. Jumping straight to the 1.6 will cause issues they say.

The german game magazin PC Games has a statement from ZuxxeZ that they will release an addon named The Temptation for Two Worlds. The Temptation was previous only the name of the PS-Port of Two Worlds.

PC Games is naming only a few facts about the addon:
- You can finally use a shield as an active element in a fight. In Two Worlds that was done automatically, based on your skills.
- The Desert Drak'ar will be used as a gateway to new adventures

They announced also a complete new way of moving, but didn't mention any details.
Let's assume a little bit: In Two Worlds you can move on foot, with a horse and beam with a teleport. Maybe now you can do sailing by ship?

There are now more details known. Also a release date has not been mentioned. Let's see!

http://www.2worlds-game.de/

Morrowind mod had pegasus - the horse with wings. Perhaps that or a dragon (yawn).

Sailing would be too good to be true. Morrowind had boat mod too but Im not sure it ever worked properly. But its good to hear that they have addon in development. Hopefully the new features are usable in the main game and they wont release it all as in alpha-status this time.

The best thing they could do would with the addon would be to make the game fully Coop, that would put them in a dominating position in the market, as a active developer studio Coop RPG.

It's amazing how well DL has done being a half finished game, there are still many people that play it and should give other developers like ZuxxeZ to actually see there is a very good market niche to be had, full of massive sales potential.

Come on Devs wake the hell up, between seeing the capabilities of drawing massive amounts of people to online games like WoW, and knowing you could have millions of people potientlally willing to buy an Coop RPG.

Posted on Sunday, November 25 at 7:01 AM GMT -6

Fansite 2worlds-game.de notes that German magazine Gamestar revealed an upcoming expansion for Two Worlds, called "The Temptation". It should be released Q2 2008 and features:

* Revised combat system - player can block
* New areas and new transportation modes
* New enemies, for example giant wasps, panthers, lions, flying demons.
* Improved AI, NPCs react more accurately to action of the player
* The player can dive
* Old regions, like Drak'ar and the surroundings of Oswaroh, are being updated

The story will feature elves, heavily.

Spotted on RPGWatch.
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EEAVAAVyyVOFvSRQyQ.php

Back
Top Bottom