Spellbound Entertainment - Returns as Black Forest Games

To quote (partially) the CEO:
"we know we'll again be recognised as a leader in the creation of games for the RPG and strategy genres."

Is that a huge joke or I missed something lately?

Seems I did miss something or the article is… Well… Incorrect. It says also this:

Piranha Bytes owns the Gothic IP, by the way - JoWooD had leased it. It's now gone back to Piranha Bytes, which has been biding its time making Risen 1 and Risen 2.

PB got Gothic IP back? When?

I honestly didn't know that. All this time I thought there is no hope for real Gothic4 game instead of JoWood's abomination. Okay, Spellbound's.

It would be good for them - and everyone really, if they actually go back to making strategy games like Desperados and Robin Hood. Preferably in 2D.

I found Arcania to be average at best. Not the worst game ever made. People seriously overreact on certain games.

As for the new studio I wish them luck. It's sad there other steam punk RPG Ravensdale will never be released though.

Spellbound were known for their "Desperados" games here, too.

And "Black Forest" is simply the "Schwarzwald" an area of Germany.

Spellbound were known for their "Desperados" games here, too.

And "Black Forest" is simply the "Schwarzwald" an area of Germany.

Is there a Black Isle in Germany too? I wanna go THERE. :)

Black Forest Games will add to the legacy of Spellbound Entertainment by empowering the core of the team to build an even greater company that is tuned to today's market opportunities," commented CEO Andreas Speer.

1) Legacy????
2) tuned to today's market opportunities
3) commented CEO

I'm happy that the employees are working but I see nothing promising in their mission statement. And I was one of the few that liked Got... uuumm Arcania

It would be better if they stuck to Commandos clones this time. Maybe if they make 10+ of those as good as the first Desperados, i can forgive them for raping Gothic legacy (not likely).

Gothic 4 wasn't so bad, it had a decent combat system and a not too shabby story. The graphics were great, and the weather effects were some of the best I've seen. Sure, it doesn't rival PBs Gothics, but Black Forest Games certainly has potential if they improve in the right areas.

Whether we'll get to see them use that potential is a completely different matter. They might end up doing primarily console games for all we know.

In my opinion, Piranha Bytes should just sell the Gothic IP to JoWooD or whoever wants to rape it further. Gothic series was permanently ruined by the crappy non-PB sequels and I don't think the name has any more value than Risen on the market anyway. Instead, they should just focus on Risen and this time make it more like their old titles.

I'm willing to give Spellbound, or Black Forest Games as they are now called, a fair chance. It's not their fault that they were given someone else's IP and told to dumb it down for console herp-a-derpas. In fact, from a business point of view, it would have been incredibly stupid for them to refuse. If they get to make their own IP now, I'm sure it will end up being a lot better game than G4.

klingt halt cooler :cool:

Yeah. ;)

Gothic series was permanently ruined by the crappy non-PB sequels and I don't think the name has any more value than Risen on the market anyway.

They could wait until grass has grown over it.
And then restart err reboot it.

In my opinion, Piranha Bytes should just sell the Gothic IP to JoWooD or whoever wants to rape it further. Gothic series was permanently ruined by the crappy non-PB sequels and I don't think the name has any more value than Risen on the market anyway. Instead, they should just focus on Risen and this time make it more like their old titles.

Nonsense. PB still has a large following of Gothic fans that would love to see another proper Gothic title. There's no reason they can't resurrect the series if they go about it the right way.

If PB doesn't do it themselves, I'd rather nobody did.

Nonsense. PB still has a large following of Gothic fans that would love to see another proper Gothic title. There's no reason they can't resurrect the series if they go about it the right way.

If PB doesn't do it themselves, I'd rather nobody did.

Well after Risen 2 I don't know. I liked the game but I worry about the direction of there future titles.

Hate to say it but I got more enjoyment out of Bioware and Bethesda games compared to Risen 2.

Back
Top Bottom