BioWare - Random Comments

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware has been busy lately on twitter announcing a few updates. First up Softpedia noticed a new tweet about the next Mass Effect game.
The next game in the series will take the franchise into a new direction with a new hero but, according to BioWare Montreal boss Yanick Roy, the title will welcome both longtime fans and new ones.

While talking on Twitter, Roy confirmed that, while it's unclear just how the story of the original trilogy will be delivered to new players, the game will share with them the backstory of the universe.

What's more, he also pledged that homosexual romance options will be available to players no matter the genre of their protagonist.
Next DSOgaming noticed BioWare’s Casey Hudson revealing that his team is currently working on a new IP for BioWare.
Admit it; Star Wars: KOTOR was one of the best Star Wars games. Good news then for everyone as BioWare’s Casey Hudson revealed that this talented team is currently working on a new IP for BioWare.

As Hudson pointed out, the Core team – the studio responsible for KOTOR that was also behind the Mass Effect series – is now working on a new, unannounced, IP project that will most likely hit next-gen platforms.

In case you’re wondering, this Core team is consisted of David Falkner (Lead Programmer), Steven Gilmour (Lead Animator), Casey Hudson (Producer / Project Director), Drew Karpyshyn (Lead Writer), James Ohlen (Lead Designer), Preston Watamaniuk (Assistant Lead Designer), Derek Watts (Art Director).
More information.

What's more, he also pledged that homosexual romance options will be available to players no matter the genre of their protagonist.

Yeah but will they include a Pleasure Droid 9000 with accessories? I'm guessing not.

Yeah but will they include a Pleasure Droid 9000 with accessories? I'm guessing not.
That's probably a typo on the source site. They probably meant gender, but I'll take that Pleasure Droid 9000. It better be lifelike. :biggrin:

:lol:

Pretty sad when you feel the need to make an announcement about sex scenes in a game. Or have them at all for that matter.

Yes, a bullet point about pixel sex speaks volumes for Bioware's continued direction that no amount of PR trailers can obfuscate.

On the topic of Star Wars franchises, what did you guys enjoys more - Jedi knight or Kotor? I never really liked the segmented way that the Kotor games got split up with the different planets but I must admit my memory being hazy to perform a fair comparison between the two series.

Yes, a bullet point about pixel sex speaks volumes for Bioware's continued direction that no amount of PR trailers can obfuscate.

On the topic of Star Wars franchises, what did you guys enjoys more - Jedi knight or Kotor? I never really liked the segmented way that the Kotor games got split up with the different planets but I must admit my memory being hazy to perform a fair comparison between the two series.
I would say KOTOR but that's just me. I have never been a fan of the Jedi knight games probably due to playing them to late. That and the technical problems I have getting them to work on newer systems.

In case you’re wondering, this Core team is consisted of David Falkner (Lead Programmer), Steven Gilmour (Lead Animator), Casey Hudson (Producer / Project Director), Drew Karpyshyn (Lead Writer), James Ohlen (Lead Designer), Preston Watamaniuk (Assistant Lead Designer), Derek Watts (Art Director).

Didn't Karpyshyn quit BioWare? If he's the lead writer on a new IP, it might just be good.

Didn't Karpyshyn quit BioWare? If he's the lead writer on a new IP, it might just be good.
Maybe it's just for the one project as a freelance writer, or the source listed him by mistake. Everybody else is still there though.

I wonder what it will be hopefully not another MMO.

If the new games are closer to KotoR than to Mass Effect, I'll check it out. I'm not into shooters.

It speak a lot more about a part of their fanbase. He was just responding to a fan question that get asked every week in the BSN.

While I actually enjoyed KOTOR at the time I was playing it, it is also to me the beginning of the decline of Bioware's games. Small and corridor-like areas, almost total lack of any real exploration or freedom, increased focus on romances, etc.

I liked KotOR insofar as it was a quasi sci-fi game with some semblance of RPG storytelling and character creation. Unfortunately, it was and still is a rare commodity (muttering under breath about Project Eternity).

If the new games are closer to KotoR than to Mass Effect, I'll check it out. I'm not into shooters.

They seem to say something like that every game they release. The new game will be more like the old games so any old timers left should seriously give it a try. Blah, enough of those guys. Like a train wreck I can't stop watching, though.

He was just responding to a fan question that get asked every week in the BSN.
What sort of video game fan cares about stuff like that? Which game of theirs attracts that sort of fanbase? (not the homosexual but the romance focused one)

Yeah, when are robosexuals going to have a romance option?

It seems like a topic that a publisher could explore… can a robot designed for simple pleasure develop a unique AI persona and emotions?

What sort of video game fan cares about stuff like that? Which game of theirs attracts that sort of fanbase? (not the homosexual but the romance focused one)

I'm not sure about the video game fan part, but all their games since BG2 (minus the Sonic one) had romance. Although, DAO and ME seems to have sparked a major spike in that demographic.

Back
Top Bottom