Neverwinter Nights: EE - Released

Not very consumer-friendly to sell all the DLC in pieces separated and not as part of a "remastered diamont version thing".
I will wait for the complete remaster remastered Neverwinter Nights: Diamond.

Yeah not having all the dlc at launch keeps me from buying it, for that price tag anyhow!
Nwn diamond edition installed and and working flawlessly in 4k as is, though a full screen window mode would be really nice.

Not very consumer-friendly to sell all the DLC in pieces separated and not as part of a "remastered diamont version thing".
I will wait for the complete remaster remastered Neverwinter Nights: Diamond.

Those DLCs have never been in the original Diamond version.

Thanks for this, Couch!

Any recommendation on which one I should try? I think I played Witch's Wake and thats about it.
I would recommend you play Wyvern Crown of Cormyr first then Pirates of the Sword Coast & King Maker. Though if you like puzzles you could play Infinite Dungeons.

Those DLCs have never been in the original Diamond version.

When I've bought it on GOG i believe it had everything.

Also this is not "the original what ever version" is a remaster that is only slightly improved and I for one expect to be complete.

Don't defend day one DLC for a 16 years old game.

Because of stuff like that we can't have nice things.

So I'm confused; you can download for free the DLC they are selling at $3 a shot? I can see some minor advantage for them providing them on steam (though providing all of nwnvault via steamworks would be a better solution); they should have bundle them into one package for $4 or $5.... yea but maybe i'm mistaken and you can't download for free ?

So I'm confused; you can download for free the DLC they are selling at $3 a shot? I can see some minor advantage for them providing them on steam (though providing all of nwnvault via steamworks would be a better solution); they should have bundle them into one package for $4 or $5…. yea but maybe i'm mistaken and you can't download for free ?

They were abandonware until Beamdog got the rights to NWN. For a comparison, GOG (good old games) original business was selling abandonware games.

For their content length (~20 hours each), that $3 isn't that high.

And we all talked about this the first time this EE was announced last year.

But if they are available for free AND beamdog did not enhance the dlc then why would we buy them when we can get them for free ?

They were abandonware until Beamdog got the rights to NWN. For a comparison, GOG (good old games) original business was selling abandonware games.

For their content length (~20 hours each), that $3 isn't that high.

And we all talked about this the first time this EE was announced last year.

Aren't the free versions technically pirated though? They're not abandonware any more.

But if they are available for free AND beamdog did not enhance the dlc then why would we buy them when we can get them for free ?

They were not free they were abandonwares, like most of the games that were on GOG when it was called Good Old Games were before CDProjekt worked their ass off to get new publishing deals for them to put them on their digital platform.

Now Beamdog is publishing them again, they aren't abandonwares anymore.

Aren't the free versions technically pirated though? They're not abandonware any more.
I doubt it since Beamdog is selling the enhanced versions for money now. So those who buy them now get the upgraded versions to play instead of the originals.

Anyway to me I personally see nothing wrong with the shared copies that have available for years on the internet, or you can always pay again for mods I bought years ago.

Some people will pay for convenience. I bought NWN on release day. Then bought the expansions separately. A few years down the road I bought the Diamond edition on sale because I didn't feel like dealing with multiple installs and patches, and it's nice to have it all in the cloud. The Time/Value/Cost calculation is a thing for some people. Don't spend 10 dollars on gas, to get a $5 meal for free:

wasted_time.png

automation.png

efficiency.png

hmm..I recall since Bioware/EA shut the authentication servers down there was no way to verify the Premium Modules anymore so they basically said have at 'er.

Around patch 1.69 this problem was apparent for people running PW's after the whole Gamespy network went down, so Trent and Co. (or 3rd party) gave them a way to authenticate using tables in order to prevent duplicate keys. There may even be a central repository for the PW network.

Either way, does this mean these Premium Modules have once again stopped working with EE?

Either way, does this mean these Premium Modules have once again stopped working with EE?
They still work but I had to use the link provided by KaosWarMonk.:]

They still work but I had to use the link provided by KaosWarMonk.:]

Ah right, that's the one. I have not played since that happened so I never needed it.

On another note, here is the release day live stream

I said it before, I'll say it again. $20 is too much to pay for a patch.

In fact, patch 1.69 had more to offer than this.

Back
Top Bottom