HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden has launched:

We are live! Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden has Officially Launched

Stalkers and mutants rejoice!

It is time to venture into the irradiated Zone to discover the truth behind the mythical Eden, a potential safe haven in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, alongside your mutated Stalker companions.

After [insert years/months] of development, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden has officially launched on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One! Getting to make an adaptation of such a fantastic roleplaying game has been an amazing journey. We're all fans of Mutant Year Zero and we hope we've done justice to the original pen and paper RPG.

More information.

I'm buying it, but don't need to rush it. The backlog is huge.

I'm in the same boat, just picked up a few games last week so I am in no rush to buy something immediately. This kind of game is right up my alley though, so I'm sure I'll be getting it eventually.

I'm about 15 hours in and I hear it is on order of 20 hours (on hard). I think the game is well done for what it is; but don't expect super large skill trees or extensive areas. It is definitely more complex than ember (which I hated); but it could use a bit of beefing up for the rpg purest with regards to rules and character development (skill trees et all).
-
The areas are mostly interesting and they really do reward you for search every square inch. Combat is challenging because the game is tightly balanced but I wouldn't call the ai particularly clever or whatever.
-
As i said before I put the production value in the same range as the shadowrun games - well done for what it is but not an epic adventure. I'm not quite finish but I'm leaning towards a lot of fun with marginal replay value and a tad short.

No physical version ?

Back
Top Bottom