Dragon Age - Legends Remix @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Remember Dragon Age: Legends, the Flash game? Apparently it's been "remixed" and is available to play at IGN:
Have you played Dragon Age Legends on Facebook yet? Were you aware there is a new spin off game where you can unlock items for your Dragon Age Legends character for completing adventures? The new Remix of Dragon Age Legends takes combat in a new direction and allows players to adventure through 5 levels of fun, killing darkspawn and dragons alike.
More information.

The Facebook game is pretty bleh. It's just a cartoony, turn based combat game with waves and waves of enemies and no story or interaction. They had to bribe people with DA2 items just to get them to play it. I can't imagine the remix is much better.

I just had a quick play and it's actually not that bad. Very basic mouse driven side scrolling platformer. The top rated comment is as amusing as the game.

Well-made provocation, JDR13 ! :lol:

My wife plays city and farm on facebook...I don't even know how to log-in to facebook never really want to...
The saddest news isn't Dragon age is on it...it is LORD BRITISH (Ulitma) is making a game for the masses on facebook

The saddest news isn't Dragon age is on it…it is LORD BRITISH (Ulitma) is making a game for the masses on facebook

I've read recent interviews from him. Garriott is convinced social gaming is the future even though he says he's having hard time convincing other people, including his staff, to see it that way.

He was also convinced that Tabula Rosa would be the next big thing a while back so I don't put too much stock in anything he says these days. He's trying to find a way to be relevant again but I think EA pretty much marginalized him for good. The good doctors at Bioware probably have their days numbered as well.

Personally, I do see some potential in social gaming - imho co-op MP isn't anything else than "social gaming" …

But - I'd like to see that in *offline* RPGs, too ! - Better AI, please !
Not only for monsters, but also for companions !

It's different than an MMO though. Most of the 'co-operation' occurs outside of the game and a lot of it involves what many people consider to be spamming. When you do interact with a friend's game the interaction is minimal and indirect. So you can visit a farm that your friend decorated or breed your cat with their cat or recruit their Dragon Age Legends character but really it's just the stats of their character controller by AI.

The whole emphasis is on much more casual play that doesn't require the friends to be online or really have any direct interaction at all and also on viral marketing through reposting.

If he wanted to be back in the game...maybe he should have used some of the hugh money he got from his lawsuit to put together a team to make a RPG like the days of old. Instead of flying into space and flying off the map of gaming...

Back
Top Bottom