RPGWatch Feature - Nuclear Union Preview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Myrthos was recently shown the post apocalyptic RPG, Nuclear Union. Here's a sample:
One of the noteworthy features in the game is the anomalies that appear throughout the gameworld, which are somewhat like environmental puzzles. The video that was shown had an example of such an anomaly with a gravitational force that attracted all the debris in its surrounding. These anomalies come in pairs where one is stationary and the other is active and there are different ways they can be interacted with. First of all, you can activate the static anomaly, thus deactivating the active one. You can also move some of the anomalies by touching them in the right way.
Read it all here.
More information.

Although nothing what we already don't know from other sources, it's a great preview.

Yeah, nothing really new but any mention of this game gets me hungry. The premise sounds good, and the setting is something I'm really looking forward to experiencing.

-Carn

Lets hope they take something from the Dayz phenomenon and add in what Stalker originally started.....food and drink in an FPS type game.Such a small thing but when done right adds tremendously to immersion.

Let's hope this is moddable, good work on the preview!

Um… I've already decided to buy it no matter what. Modding is not something I care for (unless it happens to be a case similar to Kotor2 or we get a game based on book series so modders can practically add more content from boojs and even whole sequels themselves).

Instead of mods, I hope it will have the best stuff we saw in last year RPG masterpieces:
1. No mobrespawns and awsome nonrepeatable area/dungeon design like in DX:HR
2. Openworld worth exploring and outstanding music worth making covers (malufenix) like in TES:S
3. Thrilling story, award winning intro/trailer (made by platige, directed by T. Baginski), c&c and completely different experience when replaying it like in TW2

Of course, I hope we won't see things that were not fun in those 3 games:
1. Gamestopper bug that corrupts saves due to powersurge or OS crash (it was patched later though) and badly designed boss fights like in DX:HR
2. Unbelievable amount of annoying bugs especially questbugs plus endless mobrespawns in one area (dragons plague "mages' guild") like in TES:S
3. Potentially frustrating QTEs like in TW2

Last edited:
Modding is a must, otherwise i probably won't be interested in this. Just look how it manged to change the STALKER games (and still is) Lost Alpha looks phenomenal for example, more excited for that than this game honestly.. Hope it will turn out great though, the screens looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom