Divinity: Original Sin II - Gamescom Reveal

Wow, the world look beautiful. I like the quest they've shown - seems like there will be quite a bit of C&C involved. I also like how you can leave one of your member to deal with hostiles while you continue with the mission lol (was that feature available in D:OS1? I don't think so, right?)

Off-topic: Btw the view behind them is gorgeous too, damn, I would love to visit Europe one day!!!

Off-topic: Btw the view behind them is gorgeous too, damn, I would love to visit Europe one day!!!

What you are seeing there is the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), the Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke) and the main station (Hauptbahnhof).
Cologne is the best city in the world, of course. I was born there! :biggrin:

What you are seeing there is the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), the Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke) and the main station (Hauptbahnhof).
Cologne is the best city in the world, of course. I was born there! :biggrin:

A city founded 2000 years ago. I mean, you walk around, trip on a pebble and it could be the same pebble some roman legionnaire tripped on 1800 years ago.

A remarkably complex game with interesting story and characters. Really amazing the degree of separate and independent control and activity of party members. Somewhat intimidating actually.

One month to go. Will likely give it a try.

Looks very nice, but seems like it still suffers from a muddled tone - sneaking around as a comedy bush while villagers are being brutally executed.

Looks very nice, but seems like it still suffers from a muddled tone - sneaking around as a comedy bush while villagers are being brutally executed.

Have you ever tried sneaking around as a bush? It's surprisingly effective.

Have you ever tried sneaking around as a bush? It's surprisingly effective.

You have extensive experience?

093f865d19_50030106_fotolia-22287970-s.jpg

I didn't get to see that particular region, but what I saw was certainly not muddled.
(I think I can say that without breaking the embargo :))

Looks very good. I've even planned some time off from work for it, so I'm ready to go.

Looks very good. I've even planned some time off from work for it, so I'm ready to go.

The icon has been sitting on my screen waiting for months waiting to be clicked.6

I only checked it out for about 20 mins about 6 months ago.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this! I haven't taken time off work, but now you mention it, Maylander, it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all....

The icon has been sitting on my screen waiting for months waiting to be clicked.6

I've managed to avoid the beta completely. Not easy!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this! I haven't taken time off work, but now you mention it, Maylander, it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all….
Indeed, Thursday and Friday for me for now, but maybe it should be the following Monday instead of Thursday? It's always hard to predict the actual release time, so Friday + Monday might be a safer bet.

Pretty much my case too, although it might have been more than 20 minutes because I love playing around with RPG character creator.

I'm just waiting for the release now and barely following the game development.

Looks like Larian is doing a good job of expanding more traditional design with new features and updating it on more modern tech.
With CDPR, imo the the best rpg dev out there.

It is too bad that Larian suffers from the fact that they sprinkle their games liberally with occult material / symbolism. All of it is anti-Christian, sorry to say.

I regret giving in and playing the beta when it first came out (I basically finished it...except for a few bloody puzzles). Now Ill have to replay all of that and it won't be as interesting...i did the same thing with the first - oh woe is me ;-)

I regret giving in and playing the beta when it first came out (I basically finished it…except for a few bloody puzzles). Now Ill have to replay all of that and it won't be as interesting…i did the same thing with the first - oh woe is me ;-)

Beta? Isn't it just the first part of the game?

Back
Top Bottom