Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Asia

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Africa

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Australia/Oceania

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
I have a friend who quit his california software eng job and became a scuba diver instructor on some island. On the books it is a very dangerous place to live but he loves it.

I've been reading up on Caribbean islands, as part of plan B. There's a lot of 'em.

Any recommendations on the nicest ones to live on? I can't afford my own one, more's the pity.

One more thought about Jamaica, as I did love my time there:

I enjoyed the people. Things are different there. It's island time. Things certainly weren't perfect when I was there, which was some time ago and there was a good deal of poverty away from the resorts of the beautiful Ocho Rios and posh neighborhoods of Kingston. It wasn't all smiles away from the tourists, but there were still a hell of a lot of them. They were living with one foot in paradise, and they knew it. It's a shame the other foot had to stand so far away in so many cases, but maybe that's necessary in a way. Otherwise, too many people would come, and it wouldn't be paradise anymore. I wonder how much Jamaica has changed in the last 20 years.

So, it just came home for me there how long it's actually been. Actually worked out the math a little. :p

Sounds a bit like my time in subtropical Africa. Certainly had its harsh side, but once its magic gets in your blood, it calls you back.

Dominica is very nice and they speak English. It is also less populated than some of the other islands. Maybe 80,000 folks on the whole thing?

I actually live in two continents. See, I live in Istanbul. My home is in the Asia side of the city, while my office in Europe. So basically at nights and weekends I live in Asia continent, other times in Europe continent. :)

But that poll shows meb very nicely why we don't have many reports about games from South-America, Africa - and, interestingly, Asia as well, with the exception of a single country (Japan).

In terms of gaming, Japan is hugele overrepresented compared to its size within the Asian continent as a whole.

For example, I don't remember any games developed in India.

I remember posting some news about a game from India, can’t recall the name though. We also had news about a game made in Africa, again my memory is failing :)
South-America I do remember, that is Dolmen, it is made in Brazil.

For example, I don't remember any games developed in India.

Actually you should know at least one, Alrik. Its RPG. :)

DarkELVES said:
I live in Belgium, in the heart of Europe! lol

Its not the heart of Europe, but definitely the heart of Larian RPGs. Or body. Or... whatever. :)

Its not the heart of Europe, but definitely the heart of Larian RPGs. Or body. Or… whatever. :)
No, but Brussels is considered the place where news pops up about matters concerning the EU, according to many journalists, who rarely seem to mention Strassbourg.

I live in a yellow submarine, like everybody else.

Namibia, small country just north of South Africa. Family originally from Europe, Spain.

LOL, technically not a small country, just a population of 2.5 million... hehe

Back
Top Bottom