What games are you playing now?

@Carnifex, you should reconsider it as a top console along with the PC. The only console, which is a crappy one, is Microsoft's with its shitty technical issues, i.e. E7, RROD, tray grinding, Demon's Souls, etc.

IMO, there are some RPG games that you should check out, such as Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles, Record of Lodoss War, etc. As for non-RPG games, also check out God of War trilogy, etc.

:)

PS3 is top-rated thanks to its technical advantages, unlike Microsoft's X360.

Speaking of which, I want to let you know that I'm playing Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy in PS2. ^^

Battlefield 3….

Not really my cup of tea, usually - but I have friends who are big fans of this genre and you can form a "Platoon" together apparently. Sort of like a "shooter guild".

Turns out that it's the best shooter of its kind that I've seen, and I'm much more into it than I thought I'd be ;)

@Carnifex, you should reconsider it as a top console along with the PC. The only console, which is a crappy one, is Microsoft's with its shitty technical issues, i.e. E7, RROD, tray grinding, Demon's Souls, etc.

Never had a single problem with my 360, i've had it for 3 years now (i have the old version, not the "slim" which is to be more stable) + most games both runs and looks better on the 360 than on PS3 :p which is embarassing for Sony since their machine, at least on paper, is more powerful.

Reminds me, i should finish RDR.. really nice game, dunno why i stopped playing it hehe

Sigh…, i really appreciate how easy it was to install a game last time. Now i spent almost an hour installing Battlefield 3, and before that with EA's Origin software and its update.

Damn annoying publisher littering more craps into my PC.

Never had a single problem with my 360, i've had it for 3 years now (i have the old version, not the "slim" which is to be more stable) + most games both runs and looks better on the 360 than on PS3 :p which is embarassing for Sony since their machine, at least on paper, is more powerful.

Nor do I with my X360, but I don't like its RROD and E7 ratings. It deemed as a problematic console in its generation in the technical world.

You can understand that Microsoft is better only for software stuff(OS, Marketplace, Dashboard, etc), but Sony is better than Microsoft due of its hardware stuff, i.e. Blu-Ray.

The games also proven to be worth the shot in PS3 and PC rather than X360. Some games are having enough problems with their frame rates mostly in X360, i.e. The Last Remnant, Blue Dragon etc.

Nintendo is quite behind at this point, but I'm sure they'll catch up to them sooner or later.

Battlefield 3….

Not really my cup of tea, usually - but I have friends who are big fans of this genre and you can form a "Platoon" together apparently. Sort of like a "shooter guild".

Turns out that it's the best shooter of its kind that I've seen, and I'm much more into it than I thought I'd be ;)

Hows the co-op campaign?

Playing New Vegas modded to the gills and purring like a kitten. Everything works great and it's stunning. It's like a whole new game.

Also been playing a little bit of Batman: Arkham Asylum. All this press about Batman: Arkham City being incredible got me to load up the first one to see if I judged Asylum too quickly the first time around. It seems I did. Once you get out of the beginning stages and start getting some more gadgets it gets a lot better. I'm normally not one for sneaker types of games, but this one isn't half bad.

I've defeated Bane and Scarecrow so far. One thing I like is that they include the bios for a lot (if not all) of the villains in Batman if you figure out the Riddlers puzzles and find his trophies.

I recognize most of them, but had no idea about a few of them. Like Tweedledee and Tweedledum or Firefly just to name a few. In the bios it tells you when they were introduced.

You can sorta get a sense of the culture of the time by what kinds of villains Batman faces. Like in the 60's Firefly was introduced. He's a jetpack wearing pyromaniac. Tweedledee and Tweedledum is just …well dumb as a villian. They were introduced back in the 40's and had a fascination with Alice in Wonderland.

Not all the villains that were introduced early on were as dumb as those two. I think Scarecrow was also introduced in the 40's. Now that is an excellent villain.

Last edited:
Man, if they ever do a RDR 2, they'll have their work cut out for them!! It will be difficult to achieve this great a game again, in a genre that is woefully lacking.

I've seen the Batman game, and really like the character, but I suck at games that require jumping or any real dexterity at playing. Does it have any rpg aspects to it at all? For instance, the Uncharted games are totally outta my league =p

-Carn

They tell you exactly when and in what media they were first introduced whether it was on TV or in the comics and what year. It's a nice little addition to the game.

I'm not that surprised that I don't recognize a few of the villains since I'm not really a huge batman fan. Most of my knowledge of the villains came from the movies and from the animated series and of course the Batman TV show with the man himself, Adam West. Loved that when I was a kid. Now it's just cheesy goodness :)

@Carnifex There is an experience meter which lets you unlocks new skills, uggrade gadgets, armor and one sneaking skill that lets you tie up an opponent that is below you if you are above him on a gargoyle.

Other than that there is no RPG aspect to the game. The combat is actually a bit more tactical than you would expect from a button masher action game. You really do need to time your attacks, block or stun certain opponents. If you go all in and just click away then you'll probably end up dead. Especially if you are taking on opponents with guns. You gotta take those guys out by either sneaking up behind them, using one of your gadgets or gliding down from above them and knocking them to the ground.

One thing that is hard to remember is when you get your combo meter at a certain point you can perform certain skills (if you've unlocked them), but you have to push shift + left or the right mouse button. It depends on which skill you want to use. One throws an enemy and the other is a take down. It takes a little getting used to, but it's surprisingly fun.

Last edited:
A few days back, when it was on sale on steam, I finally decided to buy Deus Ex HR.
I estimated that I had enough time to download it so I can play this weekend.
I got that right, it finished downloading last night and today it's ready to go.

However, while waiting the last few days I thought I'd play something else briefly just to kill some time as DX downloads… of all the games I have I chose Mount & Blade: Warband… that was… a mistake! I have a brand new game freshly installed and ready to play and I now just can't stop unless I conquer Calradia for the fourth time!
Bloody addictive thing.

Also, I can't wait for Arkham City. I've played through Arkham Asylum 4 or 5 times I believe... and I think I might have enough time for one more! This game is definitely on my personal top 5 (at least it would be if I ever bothered to come up with one)

I dunno, by the end of BM:AA I was bored and happy it was over. That was about 6 months ago. But I thought the game was fantastic, just got too repetitive by the end. More of the same has no appeal.

I think I will wait for a price drop on AC in a year or so. Hopefully it will be fresh for me then.

Still debating on pre-ordering Skyrim. Many memories of elder scroll buggy releases and unfulfilled promises are making me take pause…

Turn-based nirvana is playing lots of Blood Bowl Legendary, HOMMV, Age of Wonders (1) and Frayed Knights.

I'm about ready to go back to some turned based nirvana, too - MoO2, AoW 2, or HoMMV - Tribes of the East. But Skyrim is looming large on the horizon. There goes 3 months... ;)

I'm playing Alpha Protocol, bought it when it was 2.99, and this is a really fun game. I'm shocked at how much fun I'm having. Buggy, but playable. Tons of choice and consequences in this game. One of those you can play 3 or 4 times and have totally different outcomes.

I purchased the AoW trilogy on GOG a few months ago but couldn't get into it. AoW 1 was too slow paced and dated for my taste. Haven't tried the other two yet.

Minecraft 1.9 pre-release 5 ... released today ...

I decided to put Deus Ex off for a little while longer since it seems to be giving my computer somewhat of a hard time. It's playable but if I don't want to sacrifice too much it seems I need to start upgrading soon…

In the meantime though I decided to take advantage of steam's latest sale and I finally got Amnesia: The Dark Descent. All I've heard about this game has already created a spooky aura around it to the degree that made me reluctant to try it until now (I do think I am a fan of horror in general but maybe that's because I don't usually get scared very easily). I've played it for about an hour - or rather, I've walked reeeeally slowly and cautiously around its dark rooms and corridors for about an hour - and I can see that it means business. It's very exciting though and I think I'll get back to it soon enough. Now if only I had a nice big gun or if my character was a vampire…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom