The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Last edited:
Okay, the usual DDO Stre report :

DDO Bonus Days!
September 27, 2012

Get +20% Challenge rewards, now through September 30th!

Free Item of the week :

September 28 - October 4
Haste Potion x5
Use Coupon Code HP782R
1/Account

25 % discount :

- Faults … err … Vaults ;) Of The Artificers
- Artificer class
- Warforged race
- Drow race
- Universal challenge tokens
- Challenge tools (various)

You can see more by holding the mouse pointer still over the appropriate symbol : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

The "Cosmetic Pets" are back again :

- Stone Elemental
- Golden Stone Bridge … err … Elemental …
- Normal Rust Monster
- Pink-Grey Rust Monster
- Junior Flesh Render (I still have 1 certificate if anyone of you wants one !)
- Junior Flame Render
- Junior Ice Renderer … err … Frost Render
- Iron Golem
- Steel Golem (polished ?)
- Bronze Golm

Plus their appropriate tricks !

Unfortunately I don't have not enough points for the Golden Statue … err … Golden Earth Elemental anymore … must farm more Favour points … ;)

By the way, I've found out that on saturday there is an event at the University of Cologne I want to visit - which could mean that I won't be there during Friday night (local time) all of the time.

Hope to catch you all online Friday night/Sat Morn. I'm ready to take level 10 now if required!! :)

I've got to short-time it tonight. The marching band is meeting at the school at 5:15 tomorrow morning (after a bit of thinking, I realized that I've got nearly 10% of the squad under my roof) so I'll have to get to bed a little earlier than usual. The session starts at 7 for me--I'll have to bail at some convenient stopping point between 9 and 10. Sorry.

Don't worry, we all have our times like these. ;)

My Wizard is now level 10, by the way. :)
My Cleric is not far away from level 8.

A few Mabar item screenshots : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=393675

Don't look at it if you don't want to get spoiled !

But this link also shows that (via the first screenshot there ) people can enter Delara's Graveyard now and get automatically put into into instances of Mabar depending on their levels ... Which means that level 20 & level 4 won't play together anymore ... ;)

Well, thank you for that run. You probably can't imagine how tired I was, or can you ?

Originally I wanted to get up on 8-9 in the morning again - which would have given me exactly 4-5 hours of sleep ... I decided to ... expand it regardless into waking up on 10 in the morning, which was much, much better ... I was still tired throughout 2/3 of the day ...

The small event I wanted to go to had something to do with ... what's the word ? intellectual giftedness ? It was carried out my Mensa, and there were several lectures/speeches presenting several topics within the broad field of intellectuual giftedness (see the Wikipedia article for more on the matter).

I was particularly keen on witnessing a speech regarding high sensitivity & high intellectual giftedness. The view spreads slowly, but steadily, more and more that both often appear in an conjunction. HSPs are often intellectual gifted ones, too.

And that was interesting - as was a much later speech regarding adults (age 40+) who had *never* been found to actually be intellectually gifted ... And who had often suffered because of that. The speaker showed it by her own example that intellectually gifted people often, imho far too often get dominated by "normal" people - and are as a result losing themselves. Because they are so much more different, especially in their giftedness, the pressure is so more higher to adapt to the normal people the more different they are. The speaker's book had the example of a cat having learned to live as a dog, but suddenly awaking and noticing to *actually* be a cat, and *not* a dog , as the title.

And this phenomenon works fopr both highly sensitive people and intellectually gifted people - and in very often cases people are both at the same time !

Okay, back into online gaming : I finally bought myself the "Standard Edition" of SWTOR.

It is going to F2P at one point this fall, so I thought : Why not get the benefit of having a full game version of it ? The game alone has become very cheap.
But the "Game Time Cards" are not ! But I need at least 1 to become a kind of "Premium" account - similar to DDO, isn't it ?

Well, that's not the end ! If you read through SWTOR descriptions, you'll notice how similar a lot of things are.

SWTOR - DDO
Cartel Coins = Turbine Points
VIP = Premium
F2P = F2P

For SWTOR, however, there is no "middle thing" / middle tier like the DDO Premium.
The only thing behaving like the DDO Premium with the buy of Turbine Point Cards is the Game Time Card of SWTOR - if you use them in SWTOR, you automatically become Premium. You can cancel this (the paid playing time, paid either with credit card, paypal or with an "Game Time Card") at any time, thus becoming F2P again - only that right now there is no F2P yet, only P2P.
So, with F2P not being there for SWTOR yet, this means that if you cancel, you are just on hiatus, paused, in limbo, in stasis, or how one would call it. You just can't play with a paused account now.

But the other stuff is soo much similar : Crafting is there, auction house - like thing is there, raids are there, PvP is there - they only have different names.

Even this is similar : P2P vs. F2P of SWTOR chart : http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Seems to me as if there is kind of "industry standard" right now, regarding MMOs ...

And tomorrow I'll sleep far into the day ! ;)

I've played some SW-TOR a few months ago and I might consider returning once it goes F2P. It's quite good and has a LOT of story to it. Each class type is totally different with a very different story and experience.

Thank you. Me, I'm rather interested in it because I'm a Star Wars fan, too. ;)
I plan to play it mainly when it becomes F2P.
And I already have my own "cosmetic pet creature" : A mini-Tauntaun ! ;) - I got the card with its code during the Games Com. They post the code sometimes via Twitter and the first person which claims it gets this animal, too.

However, apart from that I plan to focus on levelling my Cleric during the next days - and do the last 2 missions from VON with my wizard. Any help would be appreciated during the raid, but I don't yet know *when* I'll do it.

We have a tentative plan to try and play later today. No times mentioned but I imagine most would be my early afternoon at the soonest. If you get your cleric up to our Friday session level that would be a good fit for when we have to split into two groups. You decide of course which you want to run in what quests, but a real cleric option might help. As our Friday run proved. ;)

Problems I take it? Other than my uncanny ability to roll a D1 for all things when under pressure, and taking a 200 point disintegrate in VoN2, we did pretty well. Unfortunately, we lost a lot of time, more than a half-hour, which isn't good when people are on short timers. I think we could have done VoN3, but for the lack of time when I left.

Oh well, I'm back to having my Saturdays off, unless the management wants to push out more product. So as long as it's not end of month or we're getting hit with storm orders I should be able to play a full session. And I'll be leaving work early enough to miss out of all the cars that catch fire on the expressway, which kept me out late yesterday.

With us splitting, we definitely could use a Cleric, but we're also short an Arcane. While a Druid can fill our group's usual Arcane role (nuking), we still lack the buffs like Blur and GH. So Alrik is well suited either way to fill in.

I don't anticipate having to bail like that too often. It was kinda bizarre having the whole house dead to the world by 9:30 on a Saturday night...

Hey, we ran my druid as both a nuker and the primary healer; not bad for me!! :)

LOL :lol:

My Cleric is now level 8.

I will try to keep my paladin and cleric at the same level. Right now they are both level 10. So if we need another healer when we have 2 groups then I could use the cleric.

I have a seven fighter I think so will offer to help Alrik when I see him on during the week, provided I have time to play. Not sure getting two levels on his cleric is possible but we can put a dent in it maybe.

Good link Alrik, I had to add to that one after what we went through on our run. lol

Back
Top Bottom