Disgaea - Coming to PC

Sat here looking at my PS2 version as I read, and remembering mixed memories.

On one hand it's funny, really funny at times and there's also loads of fun to be had.

On another, some elements such as throws and geoscape crystals made the game too gimmicky and far too random at times.

Worth playing though, if only for some of the excellent characters. The relationship between Laharl and Etna is mint.

The "story" was a big part of what made the game for me, but it's not like it's a gripping plot full of twists and turns or anything like that. It's just that it's a fairly unique setting where your playing a demon lord operating out of the netherworld, and that there is a fair amount of humor and sarcasm which worked for me at the time, though it probably won't work for everyone.

Lol, a ten years old game. No thanks. It should have been one of the recent ones at least. I'm not replaying a ten years old game.

Lol, a ten years old game. No thanks. It should have been one of the recent ones at least. I'm not replaying a ten years old game.

You now, the new ones aren't really more beautiful ;)
I think I started all Disgaea (except the last one on PS4), I never finished one (because I always ended up lost in the side mechanics, as the Item World), but all were fun (with a lot of stupid humour) and had solid mechanics.

I don't mind doing these on the PS Vita (or on the Nintendo DS when that was a thing), but I can't see taking my PC gaming time to play console games. Guess that is why I haven't played the copy of Legend of Heroes I bought for PC but have played the PSP one again recently ...

How come? A good game is a good game and Disgea holds up still.

I think that a 10 year old game may very well have graphics of sufficient qualiity for me. I certainly don't need the best possible. However I don't like the style, and that will probably prevent me from playing this game in stead of one from my backlog, even if the game itself may be good.

pibbur who admits that his backlog is slightly to large for comfort.

How come? A good game is a good game and Disgea holds up still.

Because it is HHR, which means he sees no cognitive dissonance scoffing at a 10 year old game in one thread while drooling over a 20 year game in another ... :)

Disgaea as a series is tremendously fun. My only problem is the mandatory JRPG grinding. I still played it to death on my old PSP.

Back
Top Bottom