Mass Effect is Not Dead

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Yes More BioWare news this time about Mass Effect.:p

Why would it be dead?
Don't ask me ask the toxic fans who loudly proclaim the series is dead.:p

Seriously Dart did you not follow news when you left this site?

I can recommend a bunch of articles and videos if you want.

Oh, that sounds about right. Happens every time something is put on hold for a bit :)

Damage control.

Seriously Dart did you not follow news when you left this site?

What news? :)

You mean the fantasies of a toxic game community?

No, I tend to ignore that kind of thing. I find the vast, vast majority of the gaming community utterly ignorant of the realities of game development and especially the business side of things.

I get nauseous watching the circle-jerk YT streamers pretending to know what they're talking about - or "analyzing" something with absolutely minimal solid information to back it up.

Nothing that has made a lot of money is ever really dead. It always comes back.

What news? :)

You mean the fantasies of a toxic game community?

No, I tend to ignore that kind of thing. I find the vast, vast majority of the gaming community utterly ignorant of the realities of game development and especially the business side of things.

I get nauseous watching the circle-jerk YT streamers pretending to know what they're talking about - or "analyzing" something with absolutely minimal solid information to back it up.

Nothing that has made a lot of money is ever really dead. It always comes back.
I see it as entertainment because as much as I love watching those videos, it's the comments that make wasting my time more entertaining. I thought Reddit was bad.

Damage control.
True but I want more DA:4 news instead.

Seriously I need my addiction satisfied, or I'll start ranting again.

I see it as entertainment because as much as I love watching those videos, it's the comments that make wasting my time more entertaining. I thought Reddit was bad.

I can't stand this culture of people trying to earn money by posting videos that are 90% redundant speculation, and 9% ignorance.

Well, ok, I'm harsh.

Let's just say I'm not the target audience for the average YT personality.

Some of them are pretty good, but the great ones usually aren't very popular, because they don't do it for the attention or the money.

Ehh, depends how much money Anthem makes and gaming landscape then and after. Plus "GaaS" requires years of constant work on updates/new content.
Mass Effect wasn't that profitable ( at least compared to Bethesda/CDPR competitors), except for ME III multiplayer.
Bioware would have to invest a lot more, or they'll put more emphasis on MP aspect. And they also need more manpower ( basically a whole studio for it).
I think they'll go back to it, 7+ years from now, Anthem sort of has muffled reception.
I'd like to see it back, ME I worldbuilding/universe was best BW has ever done, series still has a lot of untapped potential. ( from what I've seen just way more interesting than Anthem)

There's no one game that's going to end a franchise with such a large built-in audience.

Anthem is just the current big push - nothing more. If it's successful - then THAT will become a franchise, and that won't die either.

Right now, they're just waiting for the right time to maximise profit - and suits know that you don't release another game in a series so soon after the previous one didn't meet expectations.

7 years? Nah - I think we'll hear about another Mass Effect much sooner than that. Maybe in 2-3 years - they'll have one in development.

But we'll see.

It suffered multiple deaths, first by placing the series on some shady platform that I'd never use, and then that shoddy third iteration. All in all too bad, I did enjoy the first and only two!

It is to me.

In before they announce the next Mass Effect is a multiplayer online Battle Royale game.

So is there any actual news in the video? Don't want to waste 7 minutes.

So is there any actual news in the video? Don't want to waste 7 minutes.
It's basically a Casey Hudson interview clip setting the record straight that Mass Effect was his creation and he won t let it die, but he wont say till after Anthems release.
In before they announce the next Mass Effect is a multiplayer online Battle Royale game.
No EA will make them release a mobile spin-off with loot boxes.:biggrin:

Anyway here is the short three minute Game Infomer Interview.

Sorry as video interviews are my priority for news nowadays.:cool:

Last edited:
If they do eventually make another Mass Effect game, I sure hope it's better than the last one. :)

I thought the main plot was decent enough in ME:A, but it has the largest collection of boring filler quests I think I've even seen in an RPG. It seemed like 90% of the sidequests were just collect X amount of this or locate 5 of that. It's like they tried way too hard to pad the game for the sake of having moar content.

Oh.. and as far as these so-call YouTube personalities go, yeah, most of them are a complete joke. :)

There's no one game that's going to end a franchise with such a large built-in audience.

Anthem is just the current big push - nothing more. If it's successful - then THAT will become a franchise, and that won't die either.

Right now, they're just waiting for the right time to maximise profit - and suits know that you don't release another game in a series so soon after the previous one didn't meet expectations.

7 years? Nah - I think we'll hear about another Mass Effect much sooner than that. Maybe in 2-3 years - they'll have one in development.

But we'll see.

I'd like it sooner, but very little chance of it. Even Dragon Age is still in infancy and that one is in a lot better position and definitely coming next.
Right now, nearly all of BW is on Anthem and they called it 10 year journey..to compete with other devs, they'll need to constantly crank up content ( Division has around two thousand people working on it, Bungie 1k).
They simply need people ( even more than money), and EA has no other studio to handle it ( EA Motive is working on Star Wars game and that one is not even announced yet).

Back
Top Bottom