Getting grumpy and ‘mean’

P

pibbur who

At my age, I think I'm supposed to become a bit grumpy. I'm not sure if I am … yet. But I do my best, trying desperately to improve. So this is a thread for that particular purpose.

You are of course welcome to contribute, even if under-age. Just remember: I'd like this to be a thread for minor annoyances. If you don't like the Trump, we have the P&R forum for that. And if you don't like Hilary, I'm sure there are sites out there dedicated for that purpose.

Here's my first contribution.

Now that I'm partly retired, unlike Corwin, I have much more time available for personal activities (games, other things, games). I also have more time for domestic chores, so the other day I took the liberty to clean the windows. In stead of praising the result, the wife impertinently asked if I knew where I'd left the equipment for this particular activity. What a strange question! Of course I didn't know, I hadn't started looking for it!!! After all, I didn't have to repeat the procedure for the foreseeable future (weeks|months|years)!!!

OTOH, I actually knew were it was. Somewhere in the house! Well, technically it was outside, on the porch. Still on the premises, and for practical purposes, at least in this case, I consider that site as part of the house!!!

Women!!! Wives!!!!!

pibbur who probably should pester the wife because of this, and may do so when she's sleepy (sleeping) and therefore incapable of pondering vengeance.

PS. I don't own this thread, if course, so you may post whatever you like. But prepare yourself for (occasional) (slight) critical remarks if you cross the unspecified line. DS.

She is probably not used to having you around all the time. It is probably disrupting her routine.

I recommend you to play some Kings Quest V and laugh at the stupid owl. That game is hilarious.

I used to think about this subject metaphysically:
A human's life is full of contradiction, for example: according to certain Very Smart Scholar Studies, we, humans are social beings by genes.

Therefore, we have this pressing urge to find a partner in crime: hang out, wed, breed and eventually die together.

So far, so good.
But there is the contradiction: if we spend too much time together, we end up getting on each other's nerves.

So I guess this is a major joke by The Boss High Up There, so that even after settling down, the endless struggle remains - albeit in a different form. (Just a little reminder to know your place, mortal, heh-heh)

The bottom line:
Alzheimer's is a godsend, a graceful remedy for this terrible situation :)

@pibbur: just laugh it off, give her a hug/kiss then go play some game like Silver advised :)

Sure, couples are meant to get on each other's nerves time to time, it will all disappear when you show a bit of affection or appreciation :)

Ye seeker of wisdom, question not the way of the Wives.

@pibbur: just laugh it off, give her a hug/kiss then go play some game like Silver advised :)

Sure, couples are meant to get on each other's nerves time to time, it will all disappear when you show a bit of affection or appreciation :)

There are a couple of things she does that annoys me. When I was younger I could get really annoyed. These days I'm, despite my grumpiness ambitions, more mellow. So now I in general find it a bit peculiar (and amusing) that these things still annoy me. I will of course mention a few of those things here, in due course.

pibbur who practices a lot of hugging (the wife) and holding hands (the wife)

PS. Playing games is good advice. Unfortunately, occasionally she insists on spending time with me. DS.

You may also find, if you spend too much time "messing about" on the PC, that your attention is suddenly required for a random task that has curiously escalated in urgency.

Come on, that's just a subtle way of wives saying "pay me attention" ;) it's a way of showing affection.

You may also find, if you spend too much time "messing about" on the PC, that your attention is suddenly required for a random task that has curiously escalated in urgency.

I remember that from my childhood. Although back then the culprit was of course the mother, and it was mostly about ad-hoc chores. Wife isn't nearly as invasive.

pibbur who for the record, despite his complaints on the watch (which she fortunately doesn't read), is actually very happy with his selection of wife. And who does spend time with her.

Possibly. Though sometimes I suspect a puritanical motive, where playing computer games is the road to perdition, and the flesh must be redeemed in honest toil.

Therefore, we have this pressing urge to find a partner in crime: hang out, wed, breed and eventually die together.
Have to disagree with this generalization. But this isn't in P&R section so I can't write here what I really think and cause another Nintendogravelike spitback. Sorry about that.

What I can write is that getting grumpy is pretty much normal. Assuming one wasn't grumpy already. Some people get the character "enhancement" earlier than others and I suspect the high expectance from their physical body that ain't superman. Never was superman of course, but we don't think about it till it can't do some stuff any more and till it starts with morning aliveproving aches.
My logic is that it's easier to get grumpy than to accept we're not getting any younger and enjoy the moment. Maybe I'm wrong. Am I? :)

Have to disagree with this generalization. But this isn't in P&R section so I can't write here what I really think and cause another Nintendogravelike spitback. Sorry about that.
No problem. After all this thread is meant to be lighthearted, somewhat funny and not too serious. At least that's what I intended. Then again, threads are like living creatures constantly mutating.

pibbur

All should aspire to Eastwood level grumpiness for their retirement.

aUryyLn.gif

I NEVER get grumpy and I'll DEAL appropriately with anyone who says I do!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom