Divinity: Original Sin II - Chronicles of Divinity Story Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new story mod in development for Divinity: Original Sin II called Chronicles of Divinity adds an origin story and a whole lot more.

Chronicles of Divinity is a mod for Divinity: Original Sin 2. It's an expansion on the base game, adding a new origin, new important characters and a whole lot of new quests and storylines.
The "unofficial expansion" adds both new content and changes existing content, aiming to provide a completely fresh and unexpected new playthrough.

Features List:

- New Origin-character
- "Kara". Fully fledged as starting Origin or recruitable later, with her own major questline.
- Unique difference is that she'll be recurring as an NPC to interact with similarly to others such as Malady if never used as a player.
- New areas both in and outside of Fort Joy.
- Fort Joy Isles
- Sail on a boat and explore different isles and the stories & secrets they hold.
- Hall of Echoes & The Veil
- Can't describe a lot. Very story spoiler heavy.
- Hidden locations throughout old and new areas.
- The new first act is technically larger than Reaper's Coast, four times larger than Fort Joy. Albeit a majority of this is due to the new sailing mechanic, and the ocean space takes up a bit of distance to accomodate for boat travel speet and viewport.
- A lot of new quests and stories to explore.
- This includes major new storyline quests arching over multiple acts if not until the end... And beyond?
- Small side-quests and world flavor.
- A new animal companion.
- Returning allies... And foes.
- It's an advantage to have played Divinity: Original Sin 1.
- New Mechanics!
- Sailing
- Obtain and sail a boat. Kind of a necessity in order to explore Fort Joy Isles.
- The Source Forge
- Discover an old relic you can use to upgrade your items. This opens a whole new world of possibilities, as your old level 3 gloves can become useful again.
- Random rare loot - Every chest you open, every body you loot may drop random rare items outside of the Larian loot tables. - And more...
- A new Source Power.
- It's a common fact that Braccus Rex used Fort Joy as a playground for his schemes and experiments. However, did you know that some content was scrapped by Larian? Did you ever talk to the Historian up at Braccus' Tower and wonder what he referred to about an ancient Source Power that Braccus Rex coveted so much?
- Expanded storylines.
- Chronicles of Divinity is named as it is due to its scope, to explore what happened between DOS1 and DOS2, during each and potentially what happens after.
- Some loose threads are picked up on, such as Malady's favor, Gratiana's time as a concubine, etc.
- Upgraded visuals.
- You may notice a lot of small things around the world seems different. That's because many of the lighting atmospheres, water and more is redone. Vegetation and terrain is partially repainted.
- Level and content scaling system.
- Most sane way of keeping combat difficulty up to par considering all the new content and extra work it'd require. You'd be way above expected vanilla level when reaching Reaper's Coast otherwise.
- Offers flexibility to base content on story, an example being having a certain enemy type more difficult to fight unless you're learned something about them.
- Divine Scaling, a scaling mod for DOS2 was a lightweight deriviation of this system. If you enjoyed that mod, note that this system is more powerful to work with.
- Probably more, but it's 3:41am at the time of writing.
More information.

Good find Sliver.:thumbsup:

This is what I hoped for with the mod tools but not many mods this ambitious were made. I was starting to lose hope but a least now one modder had the ambition.

As if the game wasn't big enough already! But I'm not complaining. Bring it on! Gotta replay this gem sooner or later anyway.

Also, any news what Swen is up to?

It's not the perfect turn-based RPG but a good sequel to Divinity:Original Sin. Lots of room for improvement though.

I preferred the sequel, writing wise, but the battle mechanics were a little off-putting. I'll have to play the definitive edition at some point to see if it improved things.

The definitive version doesn't really help. They change the difficulty curve so the first 3 areas are a bit easier but the last part is murder (on tactical). The story aspect is better in the definitive but i prefer the first combat.

I preferred the sequel, writing wise, but the battle mechanics were a little off-putting. I'll have to play the definitive edition at some point to see if it improved things.

The definitive version doesn't really help. They change the difficulty curve so the first 3 areas are a bit easier but the last part is murder (on tactical).

Agree on Act IV DE tactician. If you are not playing lone wolf (which is vastly overpowered) or certain builds Act IV is impossible unless you cheese half the battles i.e. use tea leaves or kill one and run away. Up until Act IV there was only a couple of fights I had to use cheap tactics. I honestly don't think I would of been able to finish the final fight without tea leaves.

Never used tea leaves; guess I miss that cheese. I did like that entry change in act 4 with the little girl. Last fight i didn't find that bad; but there were 4 or 5 in act 4 that were murder. Much harder than the previous non de version.

Heya. A Discord member notified me of this post, figured I'd drop by and make an account. I'm the creator of the mod, thank you for your comments :)

If you have any particular questions or just wanna talk, I've bookmarked the post to be available :blush:

A couple of questions @The Composer;.

1. How long has the mod been in development?
2. What made you create an ambitious mod like this?
3. What's the estimated amount of game hours added to base game?
4. Will your mod be supported with future patches?
5. Can you use other mods with yours?
5. Do you need testers?
6. Any ETA on the final release build?

A couple of questions @The Composer;.

1. How long has the mod been in development?
2. What made you create an ambitious mod like this?
3. What's the estimated amount of game hours added to base game?
4. Will your mod be supported with future patches?
5. Can you use other mods with yours?
6. Do you need testers?
7. Any ETA on the final release build?

1. Since October 2017.

2. Need for a creative outlet. Used to do a bit of everything prior, until I found one place where I can satisfy all of them ^^

3. Hard to say. Depends on the player. Several hours.

4. Yes.

5. Yes. It's made with compatibility in mind, and I keep in touch with the most common modders on the DOS2 discord to maintain compatibility. The only one coming to mind that likely will be incompatible to some extent is Blue Fire's overhaul, but it will probably be incompatible with a lot of things without patches, as he's stated himself.

6. Possibly. I'll post on the discord and the subreddit when that occurs.

7. Mean to do some closed beta testing in about a month, then add what ever time it will take to make fixes after then.

Thanks for the answers I'll keep an eye on the sub-reedit.:highfive:

Only the first seven posts need to be approved, it helps to keep out the spammers.

Pesky spammers. Either way, can't wait to finally share the mod with everyone :D

You're not the same Composer that created the STEP Skyrim project, are you?

Back
Top Bottom