Divine Divinity - Remastered Update

I doubt Larian will get away without eventually releasing whatever improvements they are cooking now in the shape of a downloadable patch for older versions of the game. There will certainly be a public backlash if they don't do this unless the improvements will be significant enough to call them an expansion. When Arkane released a new version of Arx Fatalis for GOG they got some pretty bad publicity for not releasing the improvement as a patch.

And honestly ... aside from a few folks complaining on RPG sites, where was the outcry? Honestly, for the ~$10 compared to the HOURS of gaming goodness these guys have delivered ... just cough up for a remastered copy. Or vote with your wallet and don't, but realize that either one is also an opinion.

I'm with Mike on this. It's 10 bucks. My god, people all across the land will go broke if they buy this game.

Maybe that was a little over the top, but I pay more for my pencils than I would with DD remastered(I buy a lot of pencils). Hell, I even think my shampoo costs more than this game.;)

I'm also with Mike. It's a McDonald's meal...or not, no big deal. Kayla and I have replayed this many times, so assuming 10 bucks for an improved diskless version - a must-have and I'll forgo a couple of takeaway coffees or something.

But doesn't that send out the wrong message to game companies? That they can release buggy or unbalanced product and then charge later for fixes?

Whether its $5 or $10 or $20 isn't the issue for me personally, I throw away money on junk all the time. It's just that traditionally, fixes or improvements to game have been free.

Of course I'm happy to get them at all, better late than never too, so I will pay if I have to. And hell, if we ever see a KOTOR II re-release with restored content and bug fixes I will DEFINITELY buy it.

But it's still a bit lame. They could release a Remastered Edition for those who don't have the game or those who want a new copy and ALSO include a downloadable patch for those who already have the game.

Now, throw in a nice large full color map and new box artwork and I'll gladly pay since I'm a sucker for this stuff :)

But doesn't that send out the wrong message to game companies? That they can release buggy or unbalanced product and then charge later for fixes?

Do you say the same thing to movie companies? They released old movies on VHS, remastered them for DVD and are now doing it again for BD.

DivDiv is over. DivDiv Remastered is a new product.

This isn't a patch to fix bugs, this is re-issuing an old game with new improvements, very similar to what GoG does. I see no issue with charging for this....

Back
Top Bottom