Divinity 2 General Raze - WTF!

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've read all the threads everywhere but I've yet to see anyone respond to the instakill attack. I had the same problem with General G, but eventually just fluked her.
Everytime I attack he does his 1HK attack and I die without even getting within shouting distance, nevermind landing a blow.

Stats V60 S12 S60 D41 I30 HP865 MeleeR56 RR53 MagicR49 Level35

I tried swapping equipment and enchantments around to survive that specific attack and the best I got was

Stats V60 S8 S69 D33 I28 HP1000 MeleeR55 RR39 MagicR58 Level35

Even like this I usually land a single blow (if any) before he zaps me a second time - (while my Ultimate Healing is still running from the first hit) and takes me out.

Obviously something is way below par. What kind of numbers should I be looking at for this fight - remember I'm already 35th Level. How tough do you have to be??

What's he hitting you for? 1500ish damage? There's a rare bug in the game where some mobs will go psycho with their damage ability. Happened to me in the Imp Lair. Do you have a save from before you loaded his personal subzone?

Yeah, sounds like a bug, I think I had something similar with a demon in one of game´s last fights, though summoning a creature (so that it was one hit killed instead of my character) and quickly dispatching the demon worked.
It was supposed to be fixed in one of the patches, but seems like the fix doesn´t work 100%.
I encountered Raze around level 30 on nightmare and while it wasn´t easy (mainly due to one design aspect which I think wasn´t particularly well implemented), it was doable.
I´d try summons, reloading a save from before entering his HQ or lowering the difficulty.

Last edited:
I'm playing DKS. He hits for ~900 with apparantly no cooldown. I have 3 saves from just outside his door before the cutscene. From each of these he hits the same. I can try to summon my creature but I only have time for 1 single action before death so I doubt it will work. I could leave and come back, but it seems like I need about 2000hp to take him on and I don't have enough Malachite gems for all the Lifelines I'd need to get that much. I though it was odd that everyone bitches about his regeneration but not about how F'n lethal he is. Just a couple of posts in the gamepressure guide is all I saw and no answers.

I think the problem could lie with the Reflection skill... it seems he has it, and I have it at level 13. I think there may be a hall-of-mirrors damage effect going on and he has more HP.

Dropped difficulty, nailed him first try. Still like to know what you need to beat him on hard though.

Yeah, sounds like a bug, . . ..

Yep, There were a couple of times in the game when a Boss monster could take you out with one hit. Raze was one of those guys. So I left his chamber (pre entrance) and did a couple quests (without leveling up) and when I came back his one shot was no longer a one hit kill.

OTH, the frantic action was just too actiony and I left that quest undone.

Sadly, all the action RPGs are now totally relying far too much on hand eye coordination instead of your character build. From Risen, to Two Worlds and now Div 2. Is my favorite pastime passing me by??????

Sadly, all the action RPGs are now totally relying far too much on hand eye coordination instead of your character build. From Risen, to Two Worlds and now Div 2. Is my favorite pastime passing me by??????

And The Witcher 2 is another example but perhaps you aren't selected well the RPG you play? See this list:
  • DAO you'll never aim anything without a pause and even a tactical view can give you a feeling it's even less about action.
  • DA2 could have too many flaws and have increase the fights speed too much, but you'll still not rely on hand eye coordination as aiming will be with pauses. And reflex is secondary despite some time pressure you could get.
  • Fallout 3 by using always VATS you won't get a TB feeling but it removes entirely the hand eye coordination, the reflex and all. And it makes a lot more natural the chance to hit and other stuff related to character build.
  • Fallout New Vegas : Similar to Fallout 3 but I felt the design of each fight not as well done, this could be a wrong feeling.
  • Avadon and Avernum 6 : A bit old school but pure TB fights.
  • Drakensang : Similar to DAO approach, no tactical view but once you get used to this it won't matter much and the character developement is more complex than in DAO even if DAO ends with more different fighting skills.
  • Drakensang River of Time: Same than Drakensang but better and harder.

And your complain is the exact reason why I never considered DA2 that bad despite all the flaws, but there's many other choices even by skiping it.

And The Witcher 2 is another example but perhaps you aren't selected well the RPG you play? See this list:

Select Well?????

If an RPG comes out, it it looks like the game is going to adhere to generally normal RPG dynamics, then I get the game. While Risen had a horrible twtich afair end boss, up to that point Risen was a great RPG. While the RPG genre has not yet morphed into a FPS hyprid yet, it pretty easy to see that the AAA titles are clearly moving in that direction.

BTW, other the River of Time and DA2, I played all the games on your list. Fallout Vegas was probably the most fun I had playing an RPG since Gothic 2. As a matter of fact, I just came back from Vegas on a businesess trip and the game images kept coming in my mind. It was a very wierd feeling.

I played all the games on your list...
Cool but I don't understand why you select a short list of action oriented RPG that require hand eye coordination instead of your character build, then fake complain there's only that, when in fact among not too old RPG you played there's quite more that didn't required that?

Cool but I don't understand why you select a short list of action oriented RPG that require hand eye coordination instead of your character build, then fake complain there's only that, when in fact among not too old RPG you played there's quite more that didn't required that?

?????
Say What?

That short list is "your" short list. I have been playing computer RPGs since the TI99.

And as far as fake Complain, I have no idea how you came up with that conclusion. I don't think I am too far off the mark when I state the AAA RPG titles are moving more towards a console/hand eye coord type of play dynamics. That is not a fake complaint, it is the reality of the market.

I would give my eye/teeth to play a new Might and Magic (RPG) game. But the fact is that no one is really making those type of RPGs anymore.

Here to answer your last post:

The "all" is just totally wrong, but I think we agree, your post I quote was just wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom