Anyone playing online TCGs? (Shadow Era, Magic etc)

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Just curious if there's anyone around who plays online TCGs... I know I found users named Couchpotato, Felipepepe and HiddenX...so I thought that maybe a few did or used to heh.

Be it Duel of the planeswalker (Magic the gathering light ...well also much lighter on the wallet)... Or Shadow Era, which for a "free" game is pretty decent. The depth of Shadow Era isn't even remotely close to MTG but with the recent expansion they added 150 cards which helps a lot. You don't even need to pay to get cards if you're patient enough.

There's also MTG online itself, but thats kinda costly, just like the real thing I guess.

G.

Does the Micropose MTG game count? That was a great game with solid mechanics with really crappy networking but ok for the time I guess. I still play it from time to time in standalone mode actually that sounds like a fine idea.

Played Duels of the Planeswalkers (first one) but didn't really like it. I hacked it a little to try and add cards from the first game but was too difficult to be a worthwhile exercise. Really preferred the original MTG version but the AI was kinda weak. I was never really willing to get into the official online versions since I'm not willing to pay for cards or monthly fees.

Yeah, I guess the old microprose game does count :p I had completly forgotten about that one. Its the one that actually made me interested in TCGs since I never actually collected cards or anything like that.

As for Duel of the planeswalker, yeah the original was so so, though I did mess around with the 2013 and you can modify decks slightly at least...Apparently It'll be even more doable in the next one coming out in july.

I think I prefer Shadow Era to duel of the planeswalker though...I'd like to play a the "real" MTG online but don't really want to invest money.

The only CCG I have played is Gareth Fouche's (Known here as Naked Ninja, and the dev of the cancelled 'Scars of War' game) Cyberpunk-themed System Crash, which I helped beta test. To my surprise I found it rather fun and I'll get that when it comes out. It is however for now a single player game, but I think he may intend to add online capabilites later, if the game is a success.

I also once had Shadow Era on my iPhone, but didn't play it much. Maybe I should give it another try sometime.

Only TCG I liked is Spectromancer.Somewhat different than most other.Game has campaign with story but like all other TCGs it far better in multiplayer.There is free demo if you want to try it out.

I've never understood the fuss with TCGs, in fact I find the whole concept silly and no fun in the long run.

Ah yes spectromancer, I bought it a while back before stardock sold their platform (impulse) to gamestop.

Joxer, the point is to play a strategy game, where strategy and luck both play a certain role...How you build your deck to make sure the probability are on your side. What you think your oponent is going to field and adjusting accordingly.

They could be characters with stats instead and then it would be considered a turn based strategy game. And if it means to be silly to find those game fun, well...Then I don't mind being silly for liking a TBS with nice art.

Back
Top Bottom