Age of Wonders 3 - Announced by Triumph

This has a lot of potential. I loved every game in the series so far. AoW still has one of the best, most memorable sound tracks I've ever come across.

I can't believe it.

YES
YES
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I was so down after heroes IV I thought there was no hope for this most beloved genre.
For me this is the best news of the year, I doubt anything can beat this. What a rush!
WOW!

quoted everything said above by everyone

Now… Where do I preorder?

Wasn't a big fan of the first games - but they all had potential. So, I'll keep an eye out.

I haven't played any of the Age of Wonders games. Which one would you folks recommend, Age of Wonders, Age of Wonders 2, or Age of Wonders Shadow Magic?

I haven't played any of the Age of Wonders games. Which one would you folks recommend, Age of Wonders, Age of Wonders 2, or Age of Wonders Shadow Magic?

Shadow Magic definitely.
I'd skip the campaigns and go for the sandbox modes (multi or single player).
Shadow magic has the most spells and factions so I'd say that's the way to go.
Be aware about the magic system though, it works a little differently than usual =D

AOW1 ist *definitively* more RPG-ish than the other two games, and AOW:SM is much darker than the other two games, though technically superior.

Very nice news indeed ! :)

I expect some folks writing in their forums that they'd rather prefer a new "Overlord" game than this ! ;) - A similar thing recently happened with Larian ...

It is pretty big change from overlord to complex turn based strategy like AoW it wouldn't be surprising if there there are some angry fans.

Overlord games where more charming than good so I wonder are these guys up to the task.I guess we will find out soon enough.

I wouldn't say no to a new overlord game either. The first two weren't bad. I thought the company was in trouble after the silence after overlord 2.

I wouldn't say no to a new overlord game either. The first two weren't bad. I thought the company was in trouble after the silence after overlord 2.

Overlord's gameplay was fairly limited and simplistic but it had it's charm and writing was good(first one had better story overall but second one was funnier imo).I did buy first 2 games and I would buy third(and I hope they do make i at some point) I am just bit concerned about this guys ability to make complex turn based strategy.Also as far as I know overlord sold better than publisher predicted that is probably reason they got AoW 3.

Overlord's gameplay was fairly limited and simplistic but it had it's charm and writing was good(first one had better story overall but second one was funnier imo).I did buy first 2 games and I would buy third(and I hope they do make i at some point) I am just bit concerned about this guys ability to make complex turn based strategy.Also as far as I know overlord sold better than publisher predicted that is probably reason they got AoW 3.

Well it's been seven or eight years since the last Aow game. Probably not anyone from then left. I just hope it's not simplified as there looking to publish it on tablets also.

I'd just start with AoW1 and take it from there. It's an interesting world, which makes playing through the campaign well worth it. I actually play through the AoW campaigns every couple of years or so because they're so good.

will have to install and play the AoWs games. Forget the scenarios, play the campaigns, they're great!

Yeah, it is pretty awesome to have a sequel comming this year.
If you want more info in the form of screenshots, polls and general Age of wonders nostalgia, try my AoW 3 fanpage

I just hope they don't screw up this.With HoMM practically being killed at the last installment i wouldn't wanna see another legendary series to be dumbed down

Back
Top Bottom